“Very Friendly & Helpful Staff, Nice Extra Touches...Loved The Warm Cookies When We Arrived” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray

You added Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   435 Gregoire Dr, Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 4K7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

Friendly people
Same prices as other hotels in town, but with nice extra touches
Very surprised for this city given what we heard but this place would stand up to edmonton or calgary hotels...
Restaurant and bar is very busy.....at times you will wait but i have to say
the food very good...
At least i know when we go back I will honestly look forward to our stay at the hotel

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Manager033, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray, responded to this review, December 30, 2010
Thank you very much for your kind words, they are appreciated not only by myself but by each and every person on our team.
We take all comments, both good and bad, and share them with our teams to see where it is that we can not only improve but exceed your expectations on a future stay with us.
We continue to change, adding new features like the fresh fruit and warm cookies as our way of saying thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs.
2011 will bring new and exciting changes to the Radisson Hotel & Suites, Fort McMurray so that we can in turn better serve you, our guests.
If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.
gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

We've stayed three weekends in the past year. The service has been good, the rooms clean and the beds very comfy. It's very quiet and uncrowded on Fri./Sat. nights - hardly anyone is there. The only fault we found was that on one visit one of the sleep number beds didn't work ... so they upgraded our room at no charge the next visit. We have found the rooms can be a bit hot, even in winter, but it's controllable with the heater/air conditioner. The pool and hot tub are great. Can't comment on the restaurant since we've not eaten there. There are free papers in the lobby each morning.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review on the Radisson Hotel & Suites, Fort McMurray.
We, each and every staff member on our team take great pride in our Hotel, we do so knowing that you have many many lodging choices when you visit Fort McMurray.
I do apologize that you experienced a problem with your sleep number bed that we were unable to resolve. The Sleep Number Bed is actually a Radisson hallmark so I am disappointed that you did not experience what others rave about.
What I would love to do for you is this, if your travels bring you back to our area be it for sports or otherwise please let me know so that we can upgrade your room to a Platinum Suite free of charge.
Contact me directly at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

We stayed at the Radisson in Fort Mac while staying overnight on a short visit. The rooms were clean and modern, with a fridge and coffee maker. The biggest highlight was the sleep number bed, which we all had fun fiddling with. These beds do truly allow you to get very comfortable when you sleep. The fitness centre was well-equipped with water, towels, 2 TVs and a mix of cardio and strength equipment (but no free weights, unfortunately). The pool looked okay, but the hot tub jets weren't working while we stayed which was unfortunate. The hotel is about a 5 or 10 minute drive from downtown, south of the city and very close to the Oil Sands Discovery Centre. It was the cheapest hotel I found online, and well worth the money for the fact that it was located in Fort McMurray. I'd stay again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
The team and I appreciate your comments along with your kind words.
We are very glad that you enjoyed your visit to Fort McMurray and our Hotel.
I wanted to let you know that there are plans in 2011 for major changes to our fitness center that will address both the comfort of the fitness center itself as well as the addition of free weights.
If your travels bring you back to the area and there is anything I can do to help, please let me know directly at gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

First of all I have stayed in many Radissons before across north america. That is why I booked here. First of all when we arrived for our three day stay, we requested a room on the main floor due to a person in our party having mobility concerns. They failed to tell us that all the rooms on the main floor were smoking rooms. Ok fine I can deal with that I would just open a window, nope none of the windows opened, not even partly. Second we turned on the air condition unit, that did not work. Also the hotel has sleep number beds. There was two beds and two remotes, however both remotes controlled only one of the beds. Because it was late at night we waited till the morning to speak with the front desk. In the morning we advised the front counter of the issues with our room. They said they would fix it. When we arrived back to our smoke recking sweltering room nothing had been changed, except the temperture on the air condtioner unit the heat was turned up in it. We were up for a funeral and time was limited. We called and requested three plates and utensils to our room the front desk said that would be no problem and the plates would be there right away, we never did recieve them. So we had another night in our very hot room and rock hard bed. The next morning we went and spoke to the front counter once more, they advised us that they had called our cell and left a message telling us we had to move rooms, all our phones had been checked and no message had been left. So just before we were heading to the church we had to pack all of our things to move rooms. Fine we did that after we came back to our room. In the second room the air conditioner worked thank goodness, however we flushed the toliet once and it was broken. They did repair the toliet that night. The room was somewhat clean. Linens were clean and the beds were well made. So after all the problems lies and ongoing issues, when we checked out they did not provide any reduction in the $192/night rate. I am completely disappointed I have recieved better service and rooms in a hotel half the price. Do not stay here, there are many hotels in Fort McMurray that are cheaper and much nicer (a point I had found out after the funeral). KEEP LOOKING!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Allow me to begin by apologizing to you for all that you encountered while you were a guest at the Radisson Hotel & Suites, Fort McMurray.
I am saddened to say that somehow your awful experience did not cross my desk and we have looked into how we messed this up for you on so many levels.
I realize that this happened several months ago but if you are willing to contact me directly, I want to make this right for you.
It is not simply the thought of appeasing a guest who may never stay with us again, it is all about ensuring that no other guest goes through what you went through, so thank you for taking the time to write this review.
You do have my heartfelt apologies and I sincerely hope that you will contact me directly at
gm@radissonfortmcmurray.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

IT IS A NICE AND CLEAN HOTEL. I WOULD STAY AGAIN.
I went down for the weekend with my son to visit my husband at work. I was unsure of what hotel to pick because a lot of them are run down from workers staying there. FYI- the weekend rate was $119 with AMA rate but there are Tourism Taxes added on top.
The hotel exterior was new looking and had a lot of parking.
The hotel staff were really nice, always smiling and friendly. Bring your swim suits. We made good use of the pool. It has a hot tub and a water slide. The rooms were standard but well maintained. On the down side I found our room was hot and I we had it on the coldest setting.
The beds had crisp white linen but, we were not that impressed by the air beds. It was fine but not worth the hype. Pillows were feather so, they flatten out. We enjoyed our selves and I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else... unless the rate goes up.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Edmoton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

I came up for a night to visit my significant other being told thid was the best place to stay in Fort Mac. If this is they best they have some real problems. The idea of sleep number beds was a good one they afre very comfortable. But when I went to sit on one of the beds there was about 10 different lengths and colors of hair all over it. I pulled the sheets back and the whole bed was like this. I called font desk and they said I could change rooms but I did not want to re pack all my things. The tiled floor was damaged in many place and doors are so thin you can here children running around all day long, so you don't get any quiet time till about 10pm. We made the misake of ordering room service. $80 for boiled not fully cooked ribs that made me feel ill for 3 days after and a steak that looked like it was 5 oz. the only positive point was the check in took less then 2 mins the front desk staff was very efficient.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2008

The Radisson was all around a good experience. The front desk staff and housekeeping were friendly and efficient. The little restaurant/lounge attached served great food. The selection was good and the service was wonderful.

• Liked — Friendly and inviting atmosphere
  • Disliked — lounge closed too early
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Radisson Hotel & Suites Fort McMurray? Share your experiences!