“Great budget hotel, for $200...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nomad Hotel and Suites

You added Nomad Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
Nomad Hotel and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10006 Mac Donald Avenue, Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 1S8, Canada   |
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Fort McMurray
Fort Smith, Canada
“Great budget hotel, for $200...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Fort McMurray is an expensive town to stay, but for $200 this is one of the leas expensive hotels in town. The rooms have been updated but the building is old and It shows. Beds were reasonable. Duvet covers did not appear to be changed, but rather flipped over To appear cleaned. This seems to be the case based on grubby finger prints on the duvet covers at the end of the bed.

The rest of the room appeared clean, but the television remote was very dirty to the point I washed it before using it. Bathtub had far too much hair in it when I arrived and did not hold water to take a bath.

Breakfast is at an attached restaurant. 2.00 extra buys a plain 2 egg breakfast. Not a very good one, but edible. Service in the restaurant was abysmal, but front desk at the hotel was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: As always, farther from the elevator is better. The doors on the rooms seem to amplify noise from t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for your comments both positive and negative. We have examined the issues you rose and implemented some new procedures to make sure the housekeeping concerns are better handled. I have passed on your comments to all of our staff, and I hope that the changes we have implemented will show on your next stay and meets your expectations.

Mike Harlick GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I travel regularly from Calgary to Fort McMurray for work. When available, I always try and stay here as it close & convenient to our downtown office. The hotel is definitely dated but the front office staff are friendly and the rooms are always clean.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are in the midst of completing our latest renovations and upgrades. Included in this we should very shortly have all of our hotel rooms upgraded with 42" flat screen TV's as well as a high quality HD signal. I will also gladly let the staff know to keep up their good work as it is always appreciated by everyone of us, when one of our guests applaud the hard work they do daily.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this hotel!! I had never been to Fort Mac before and had to go for business. I looked at all the hotels in the area and read several reviews before making my choice. And I have to say I couldn't be happier with my stay at the Nomad. EVERY staff member I encountered was genuinely happy to help me AND it showed they were happy with their job!! The front desk staff, the cleaning staff and the cafe staff were all, by far, the most helpful and friendly employees I have ever interacted with in a hotel!! The room was just as I had booked, a late check in time was no problem and the FREE breakfast was great, AND offered a $2 upgrade for a full hot breakfast including bacon, sausage, ham, eggs and toast!! I will be returning to Fort Mac again for business and would not even consider staying at a different hotel. GREAT hotel for the price, location and a problem-free stay in Fort Mac!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
nomadinngm, Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments; I will make sure to pass on your compliments to all the staff and department heads. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have been staying at the Nomad every week for the past two months for one night a week. I have just been told that I am no longer welcome there as I will not take the 2 night minimum that they have now set as hotel policy. I will be coming for the next year and will no longer stay at the Nomad. It is an average hotel at best and some of the rooms are far more run down than others. I had chosen to stay there because it was close to where I am working. It is unfortunate that they treat loyal customers this way.
The staff have always been friendly and do what they can to accommodate their guests. It is the management that sets such policies and they do not care as they have more business than they can handle. One day that may not be the case and the other hotels will be in a better position if they treat their customers better.
We have several consultants staying in Fort McMurray and I will advise them to select an alternate hotel if possible.

Room Tip: Request a renovated room in the tower. Do not accept an non-renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments; we appreciate all feedback that we receive. I would first like to express that you are a valued Guest, and I would like to explain from our side what you experienced when you tried to make a reservation recently. When our availability is extremely limited, we sometimes limit our inventory so that we can ensure space for our Guests who are requiring longer stays and availability and for those whose travel arrangements may be more last minute. This is a general change, but we also make exceptions. Please, if at any time you experience this again, contact me directly for a reservation confirmation. I hope this clarifies the concern you had and we hope you will continue to make our hotel your choice while in Fort McMurray.

Camrose, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My boyfriend is working in town and I come for a visit to fort mcmurray once in awhile to visit. I found the front desk very helpful, and efficient. The room itself seemed a bit dated and old to me but it was clean and everything worked , which was fine. I could hear the drunk guy in next room once in awhile but once he passed out I slept like a baby. The stay was about average and I felt the rates were average for this town, anywhere lese in the world they would be high. The bed seemed hard to me but my boyfriend found it fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your candid comments on Trip Advisor and complementing our service. We hope to welcome you back next time you are in Fort McMurray.

Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

its been late night check in and need something to rest, nice king bed, i have my relaxing rest during that night front desk is approachable need to upgrade TV but its nothing to me cause i dont like to have fun watching tv during my stay, full of amenities, nothing else looking for to stay if your in fort mac with entertainment,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are all very pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a relaxing and pleasant stay. In a continuation of our ongoing upgrade and renovations, we are now upgrading all of our existing TV’s to 42” LCD’s, 57 rooms are done already, and we should complete the remainder by September this year. Please let us know when you return and we will assign you one of our completely renovated rooms.

Hope to see you again soon,

Greenwood, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Clean rooms and friendly staff make an Outstanding combination. I have been staying here a week/month for the last 4 years. I have never had a bad experience here. The staff are professioanl and yet very personable. They go out of their way to accomidate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
nomadinngm, General Manager at Nomad Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. All of our staff truly enjoys having you stay with us and we hope to see that continue far in to the future. See you next month.

Mike Harlick GM

Been to Nomad Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!