“Fav Hotel in Edmonton!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Matrix Hotel

You added Matrix Hotel to your Saves list
Matrix Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10640 100 Avenue NW | 107th Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3N8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay & Save Special
Ranked #7 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saskatoon, Canada
“Fav Hotel in Edmonton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at in Edmonton! It is very close to the subway station that will take you directly to Rexall Place. We went there for an Oilers game, so this was very handy. It is clean and I found the front desk service very helpful. The free parking downtown is also a large plus.

They have a wine and cheese time each day. It is a great way to meet other travelers.

The cost of this hotel was much cheaper than other downtown hotels and I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Turkish first
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the Matrix a few years ago on my own, and just came back from an extended weekend stay with my wife. Over the years I have been telling many friends about my last experience, and hoped that this one would be just as good, it was! We opted for the Sterling Suite for not a lot more than a regular room, and it was money well spent. The room was very comfortable and enjoyable to just sit in. My wife is a very light sleeper and yet the nearby elevator never woke her up. The breakfasts are amazing, and the staff we dealt with were top-shelf fun and professional, I wish I could remember all the names of the front desk staff we talked to to thank them here personally.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Chose this property upon advice from another guest, based on price and referral.
Exterior parking area not very impressive, but staff helpful in finding a parking place - free of charge.
Very impressed with room - a Platinum Suite. The shower is awesome!
The included breakfast was delicious - much more variety than expected. The website indicated 'deluxe continental breakfast', which usually means fruit, pastries and cereal. The Matrix breakfast goes way beyond that with fresh fruit kebabs, several hot dishes, homemade yogurt and granola and more. Service in the breakfast room was very efficient and friendly, and delivery of extra towels to our room was prompt.
An excellent choice for downtown accommodation!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was impressed with everything about the Matrix Hotel. They cover the basics extremely well: incredibly prompt, responsive service when I asked for the air conditioning fan to be turned off, perfectly soft mattresses and pillows, delightful herbal fragrances for the soap and shampoo, luxury finishing in granite and stainless, well-stocked refreshment centre... The extras blew me away: Keurig coffee makers in room, free buffet breakfasts with high quality, healthy offerings (like eggs benedict, housemade granola and yoghurt, and fresh fruit spears), and a daily complimentary wine tasting... I was also impressed by their Green Program - you can waive the daily housekeeping and get a $5 credit toward the refreshment centre. And if you put out the sign not to change the towels, they really don't change them! I found out later that the Matrix is certified as a Green Key hotel. I'll be back whenever I am in Edmonton on business again.

Room Tip: The only problem I had was the air conditioning noise... If you are the same and you need to turn i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Beverly Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for about a month at the beginning of 2013 and enjoyed it.
Great staff, always accommodating. When there was a problem they dealt with it swiftly.
Nice room with a gas fireplace which was cozy when it's -30 outside. A fridge and a microwave. Good , complimentary breakfast, only wished it was available a bit earlier in the morning.
Only real problem is they archaic TV system. They get multiple complaint every day and I believe they're aware they have to switch to a "professional" system.
The Gym could use some more equipment.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can. The suites are (obviously) more convenient for longer stays.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel was amazing; so happy we stayed here. I don't understand the negative reviews out there, are these competitors or something? Or maybe someone who is jealous of hotel owner? cuz it makes no sense, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this place. Went there for a friends birthday weekend celebration in Edmonton and stayed for only one night.

Positives:

- FREE breakfast, and not just some lame typical continental breaky. This is a legit full on breakfast buffet with yummy food for FREE
- FREE wifi
- I believe covered parking is free as well, not a 100% sure on that one though
- There is a FREE cocktail hour with FREE wine and cheese
- Amazing decor and style throughout hotel and guest rooms
- Great fitness center; this was the first time in my life I actually worked out while on a trip and very glad I did
- Located downtown; close proximity to everything

Negatives

- No offense, but the red head chick at the front desk was acting soo sketchy while we were trying to check in. Maybe it was her first day on the job or something and she was just nervous.... but I could swear she was on something :S
- Their tvs are extremely complicated to operate. Ours actually wouldn't work but we called downstairs and they sent someone to fix it right away
- Because we were with a large group, we were able to see what other people's rooms looked like. And some of them had rooms with bathrooms that had sliding doors, that were soo sketchy with no locks and didn't look like they closed properly. Lucky for us, we had a proper door in our room lol
- After the trip, there was a charge on my credit card supposedly from taking something from their mini fridge even though we didn't. Called them up and they reversed the charge right away, so that's fine.

All in all, this is really a great hotel and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Edmonton. The free breakfast buffet, free cocktail hour, and stylish decor makes this a winner in my books. Pretty sure I will be staying here again in the future. [ps. sorry about the pictures, I usually make sure to take great ones but for some weird reason, I completely forgot this time :S Rest assured, all the pictures from the website are exactly what it looks like]

Room Tip: Request a room wherein the bathroom door is normal and not a sliding door [unless you are traveling...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Olaf M, General Manager at Matrix Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your comments.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We use our guest’s feedback to allow us to celebrate our successes and to address our challenges by continuously improving our product and service. As such, we have ordered new LED TVs for the entire hotel to improve our guest’s viewing experience. The sliding bathroom doors are part of the design when the hotel was renovated. The majority of our guests do enjoy the design but as we move forward we do take our guest’s feedback into consideration for future renovations.

We do value your choice of staying at the Matrix and we are looking forward to have you stay with us in the near future. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss your stay further or if I can do anything to make your future stays more enjoyable.

Warm Regards,

Olaf Miede, General Manager
omiede@matrixedmonton.com
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I arrived at the Matrix from Calgary a little after 8:pm. Check in was great! Very friendly. They ordered me a cab for the morning . Rooms are very modern and comfortable. I could hear the guest in the next room. My view was a roof top! The TV had HBO great channels if you can get it to work. The prior guest had it programmed for games and I could not access the TV. Maintainance came up to fix, that took about an hour to get TV going. In the mean time I was starving and ordered room service. I ordered Pizza without cheese just sauce and a few toppings with a beer. Well about 10:00pm they call the room and said they made the wrong pizza and put brie cheese on it and it would take another hour to make another one so about 11:00pm. I was so angry. 1 I was starving no dinner. 2 it was so late at night I had to up at 6:00am to present a seminar at the University down the street. So they brought the beer up free of charge but did not seem too concerned about anything. I had the can of pringles in the room and explained my upset at checkout and they did not charge for the pringles. WOW! how kind of them. So my only issue was the TV and room service who seem to not have a clue about customer service. Would I stay again. Yes, however I would have a Subway sandwich accross from the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on higher floors!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Olaf M, General Manager at Matrix Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We use our guest’s feedback to allow us to celebrate our successes and to address our challenges by continuously improving our product and service. As such, we have ordered new LED TVs for the entire hotel to improve our guest’s viewing experience. Your room service experience is unacceptable and I am investigating your comments to make sure that this does not occur in the future.

Warm Regards,

Olaf Miede, General Manager
omiede@matrixedmonton.com

Been to Matrix Hotel? Share your experiences!