“great hotel! wonderfull staff and good breakfast.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West

You added Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18304 100 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 2V2, Canada (Place LaRue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Members up to 10% off
Ranked #2 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Vancouver, Canada
“great hotel! wonderfull staff and good breakfast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

This is my second time coming back to this hotel. I like the free Internet and good breakfast. The staff who take care of the breakfast are very friendly and accommodating. During my last visit, I had the pleasure of meeting the manager, Todd. I met Todd about 10 years ago when we both worked in a place called Hollyburn. I complemented him on how well the rooms are kept clean, and the level of great service I received from the kitchen staff. When planning my second trip back to West Edmonton, I was thinking of booking the River Cree Hotel and Casino because it would have been more convenient for me, but I decided to come back to this hotel instead because I had such a wonderful and great stay last time I was here. If you’re traveling with a group of friends or family it's a great place to stay. Especially, if you take advantage of the free breakfast =).

* Trip advice:
If your planning on staying for more then a few nights, make sure you sign up for the hotel rewards program, which can be used at any other Hilton Hotel. I’ve only stayed for a total of 5 nights, and because they had a bonus points promotion, I only have to stay for 1 more night to receive a free night stay. yay!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

Just drove back to Calgary from staying 3 days and 2 nights at the Hampton Inn & Suites with my husband and two young boys. We were contemplating staying at the Fantasyland Hotel, but I'm glad we decided to stay at the Hampton.
From the moment we entered the front lobby, we were greeted warmly by the front desk and the staff. They made sure that everything was taken care of, from toiletries to extra blankets for the sofa bed.
Our room was clean and well laid out. I didn't see a single spot of grim in the bathroom.
The complementary hot/cold breakfast was just enough to start off our day before going to the West Edmonton Mall, and the staff at the breakfast area were very friendly and helpful.
The next time we go to Edmonton, we won't even bother going anywhere else to stay. Cleanliness, friendly staff, good price, nice breakfast, it is all here at the Hampton :)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West.

I’m delighted to hear that you received a “warm greeting” and that “the staff made sure that everything was taken care of”. The team works very hard to generate these results and I look forward passing on the kind feedback as it is always appreciated.

I’m glad to hear that you intend on returning and we’ll keep the porch light on in anticipation of your arrival.

Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

This is, by far, the nicest Hampton Inn I've stayed in - and I stay in a lot of Hampton Inns. The room was spotless, beds were comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, as I had a snafu in my HHonors Points reservation - they took care of it and the issue was pretty much non-existent for us. The location is great - very close to a large selection of restaurants and fairly close to West Edmonton Mall. The only location drawback is that it's a bit of a drive from the airport or downtown. Regardless... The next time we're in Edmonton, we'll definitely stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for the great feedback regarding your stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West.

I have had the pleasure of working in the hotel industry for more than a decade and I continue to be extremely proud of our team here, the special product we represent and the positive feedback that we continuously receive from those who visit.

So many of our guests are returning and I’m delighted to know that you too will join us the next time you’re in the neighborhood.

Thank you kindly from us all at the Hampton.

Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I booked this hotel because of the great reviews by others. Unfortunately the experience
did not match the reviews I saw on tripadvisor. Here are a few problems:

(i) The breakfast was horrible. The best thing was a waffle maker, which are there even
in a place like comfort inn. They didn't seem to have a kitchen, so the "so-called"
warm food was sour sausage patties, which were probably warmed from a cheap
frozen package. The fruits seemed to be cut and frozen several days ago.

(ii) The swimming pool was rather cold & too small and shallow for adults.
The child's pool with a mushroom was about 6 inches deep, suitable more for
babies.

(iii) The room did not even have a fridge.

(iv) There was no restaurant at the hotel. They only had a fridge with frozen dinners.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Lloydminster, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I decided to spend the night in Edmonton and resume the trip home the next day. Hampton Inn came to mind since I've been considering a visit to West Edmonton Mall for sometime and had reviewed hotels online prior. The service I received was good...I have no complaints really. I booked a standard King sized bedroom for one night. The rate I got was around CDN149...after taxes and fees total was 164. I had a good night's rest with no interruptions. The breakfast was good with a satisfactory fruit selection and the option to make yourself a quick waffle...I like waffles. Overall, I'd say the staff was pleasant and the Inn was clean.One thing though, around 0930 the next day when I was to check out, housekeeping came around my floor knocking on doors and announcing "housekeeping"; I found this just a little annoying...if check out time is at 1100, can't a guest have at least until 1030 to actually leave the room?

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Hay River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

I've stayed at the Hampton twice, once was for a week in September 2009 and the second time was for one night in December 2010.

The first trip we reserved the Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds and a pullout couch - the room was a fair size, thankfully, as there were six of us staying in one room (my mother, aunt, two teenage cousins, my four month old daughter and myself), the staff was excellent, any time we needed anything we could call the front desk and the staff was happy to assist us, whether it was bringing a playpen upstairs for my daughter or something small like bringin up cutlery, they were always great to deal with. The hotel is very close to West Edmonton Mall which is great if you are planning on doing some shopping, there are also lots of great restaurants located in the area, and a Wal-Mart, Superstore are located super close too!

The more recent time I stayed at the Hampton was in December for a night. We spent the night before in the Ramada Conference Centre (near Kingsway) and the hotel was unimpressive... the rooms were outdated, and the non-smoking room smelt of smoke so I switched hotels to the Hampton and was really happy with the decision - the service was great just like the other time i was there, the room was smaller, but we'd only requested a two Queen Standard Room, which was clean and comfortable just as the other stay was. It was a large enough room for my daughter who is now one and a half years old, her father and myself.

I think the Hampton is the best hotel to stay in Edmonton when you are traveling with children, or if you're planning on doing a lot of shopping at West Edmonton Mall.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Peace River, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

The rooms are small, and no fridge or micro. Decor is nice, pool is nice, but BestWestern in Stony Plains far exceeds everything, including the pool and breakfast and the price is 50 bucks less. The family room at Best Western is amazing with 2 flat sceens and fireplace and two seperate rooms, with jacuzzi family tub and seperate shower room and seperate living room with pull out beds. Swimming pool, steam sauna and jacuzzi tub. Continental breakfast at Best Western is best in Edmonton Area. Also full gym and business center and confernace rooms. Rooms very quiet at Best Western Stony Plain.
So Hampton is very over rated and over priced.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, December 30, 2010
Dear Guest;
Thank you for the comments regarding your visit to Edmonton.

We are extremely proud of the product we offer at the Hampton and are particularly proud of the fact that we’ve consistently been praised by our guests for the experiences we continue to provide. It is the consistent level of guest satisfaction and positive feedback that has allowed us to remain as one of Edmonton’s top performing properties on TripAdvisor for both leisure travel and business travel for many months.

Over 40% of our rooms are equipped with fridges and microwaves and should they be a requested item our team is happy to accommodate as we believe it is that personalized service which has driven the loyalty and demand for our product.

Our property also has many eloquently appointed rooms including very spacious rooms and suites which are often sought after by our loyal return guests. Room variations and sizes may fluctuate by price point and demand and we are blessed to have the loyal following that we do.

We recognize that as consumers we do have choices and that there are other products in the neighborhood. We wish you safe travels

Todd Ketteringham

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West? Share your experiences!