“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West

You added Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18304 100 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 2V2, Canada (Place LaRue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Members up to 10% off
Ranked #2 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Lockport, Canada
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

We were visiting Family here in Edmonton in early Oct. Great location close to the West Edmonton Mall. People were fantastic and service went above and beyond. Great continental breakfast, pool and hot tub were very family friendly. Fitness center was well equipped and very clean. I noticed on several occasions while moving about the property how attentive the staff were to cleanliness. Lots of interaction on behalf of the staff, who would always say hello or ask if we required anything. Well stocked pantry at the front desk. Property is well lit at night and the hallways were very bright, the property is also well decorated.

There was construction still ongoing next door, but we did not notice this to be a factor on our stay. The only effect this had was on the parking lot, but we always managed to find a spot.

We liked best was the breakfasts and the friendly staff, least was the fact that we stayed on the first floor and found that there was a lot of noise down the hallway, the sound seemed to carry from the front of the hotel down the hall, carpeting down the hall way would have assisted with sound absorbing. We could also hear the water flowing through the pipes early in the morning as the showers and baths were run on higher floors, if we ever come back we would request a higher floor. Great Stay!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

This hotel was spotless. Free breakie was fantastic, very comprehensive and fresh. Coffee and tea all day. Pool and hot tub were well-kept. Room was spotless. Service was prompt and helpful whenever needed. Staff was friendly and always had a smile on their face. Great location, 5 mins from West Ed mall and other main roads.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

This hotel is impressive. Every member of the staff was very friendly, and made the hotel feel homey. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the beds are extremely comfortable.

The biggest highlight of the trip though would be the free breakfast. Pancakes, sausage, and delicious coffee. Wow! They definitely outdid themselves.

I have already recommended this hotel to friends and family, and will continue to do so. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, September 6, 2010
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for offering our readers your positive comments regarding the recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West.

I would agree that the Hampton offers a great breakfast and I’m pleased to hear that the team made you feel right at home as well.

Thank you very much for passing on the good word to your friends and family as we would love to have them pay us a visit sometime in the future. It was our pleasure serving you and I hope you’ll join us the next time you’re in the neighborhood.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Check in was smooth and front desk manager was cheerful. Oh so clean and fresh beddings & linens. Bed and pillows were the best. Room smelled fresh as well. Interent connectivity without a hitch. Bathroom had more toiletries and towels we needed. Housekeeping was easy to contact and delivers right away any requests made. Breakfast buffet was superb. My son wanted scrambled egg for breakfast and even though it was not in the day's menu, Mr. Ed cooked some specially for him. Michelle of the Breakfast Buffet was also all over the place replenishing food. Coffee and hot drinks are available in the breakfast area all day. My son had fun time in their pool. Towels were in abundance. The housekeeping department has done a good job in keeping the whole clean. No wonder it is rated as the No. 1 hotel in Tripadvisor.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West.

You’ve certainly mentioned many of the great amenities and services we offer here and we’re delighted to learn that you enjoyed them all. Please know that I will be celebrating our breakfast servers “Mr. Ed” and “Michelle” for their personal touch and I will also congratulate the front office leader and housekeeping department as cleanliness is constantly mentioned in our reviews.

We will always do what we can to accommodate our guests special requests and I’m pleased that we made those adjustments for you. I believe this “personal touch” approach is how we have proudly found ourselves so highly rated by guests on this site and others.

Travel safe and please join us the next time you’re in the neighborhood.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Stayed for one night to be close to the mall, which it is if you are driving. The quoted rate from the hotel was $179/night with breakfast included. I managed to get the rate to $159/night (before taxes) as the web had better rates.

The hotel is fairly new and clean and the beds were okay. The bathroom was fairly nice but having stayed in a lot of nice hotels for around the same price, I wouldn't say this one was worth the rate.

Noisy construction accross the way on the new hotel being built started around 8:00am on Saturday. We were just waking up but it was loud, so that was a negative.

I initially thought the rate wasn't bad considering it included a hot breakfast but I was dissapointed with the food. I was expecting eggs, sausage or bacon and instead it was cereal, waffles and gross looking ham. Not alot of "hot" selections. I would have rather ate somewhere else.

The pool was clean but there were so many bad children screaming and yelling and throwing basketballs around that it wasn't that enjoyable.

Overall it wasn't that great of an experience and I felt we overpaid. Look for somewhere cheaper, it's not worth it..

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

I have been traveling to Edmonton on business for over 6 years and stay 3 to 5 times a year. I stayed at this new hotel for the 1st time in February of this year. It is a great place to stay and fit into our company travel budget.

The people who work at this hotel have really been trained well on customer service. The front desk employees are super friendly, as well as the other housekeeping staff. The rooms are well kept, clean, and they have the most comfortable beds!

I will continue to stay at this hotel each time I travel to the Edmonton area. I also met the manager. He is very friendly and has done a fantastic job with his team.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for providing us with the favourable response regarding your experiences with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West.

We are all very grateful for the fact that our guests are choosing to return and I'm delighted to hear that you found the staff to be "super friendly" and "well trained"... I might be going out on a limb here although I would suspect that these circumstances are all somewhat related to one another.

Meeting guests and getting to know those who stay with us is the most enjoyable part of my role as the manager at the Hampton. I constantly receive great feedback from guests and I am very proud of this team as they absolutely make me look good here. They simply love what they do and they put their heart and soul into their work. I can assure you that I cannot train this element as it comes from within each and every one of them.... please know that your comments will be shared with those who truly deserve the credit.

It is a pleasure to serve you and I hope you'll join us the next time you're in the neighborhood.

Elk Poin, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

It's their internet speed, terrible for patrons who need to download files and update their equipment, this was a big disappointment, for such a nice hotel you would expect more.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you very much for providing our readers with a brief summary of your experience with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West.

I'm glad that you found the property to be "such a nice hotel" and that your ratings were very favourable despite the fact that you experienced some challenges with the internet speed. I will acknowledge that during your visit we may have been amidst some router challenges which may have impacted the speed of connection and download capability. Please know that we have since then changed out our routers and we've had our internet provider conduct a complete review of our system capability. We recognise the importance of this business essential and our direct response to feedback such as this is precisely why I believe our guests have rated us number one in the city for business on TripAdvisor.

I'm confident that our internet service is now providing an adequate level of service and I would invite you to contact me directly should you decide to join us again as I will ensure your stay meets with your expectations as a business traveller.

Todd Ketteringham

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West? Share your experiences!