“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18304 100 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 2V2, Canada (Place LaRue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Members up to 10% off
Ranked #1 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
Calgary
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Entering the hotel was similar to putting on a favorite pair of shoes.. Comfortable. The people were so friendly, the bed was great to sleep in and the room felt like home vs a hotel room. I had a nice place for my laptop and space to move and breathe. I really loved the atmosphere and to top it off, sat down to a nice breakfast in the morning with hot coffee.

Thanks Hamptons for a great stay!

Chris Reid

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, May 11, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are absolutely delighted that you selected the Hampton Inn and Suites, Edmonton West and we look forward to serving you the next time you're in town. We will continue to work hard to provide that level of comfort you enjoyed each and every time you stay with us.

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Edmonton AB Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

We stayed two nights at the Hampton and it was one of the best Hotels we have ever stayed at. The front desk staff was amazing and every employee we came across always said Hello and were always smiling. The room was perfect for two even though it is set up for business, exceeded our expectations and up to the Hilton/Hampton standards for sure. A very welcoming feeling throughout our stay. We used the fitness center pool and hot tub and it was all great. They met every request we made which was highest floor and a late checkout and did all of it with a smile. Some hotels really make you feel that you are putting them out with such requests, but not here. All in all we had a fantastic stay and would surely stay here again. The only thing that could be better would be a restaurant on site or at least next door but we knew that going in so it was okay.

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest: Thank you so much for taking the time to offer the positive feedback to this devoted team. Everyone on board here puts in a great effort and is very proud of the work that they do. Comments like these will absolutely be shared and celebrated as we work to set our bar even higher with each and every day.

We understand that you do have choices and we hope that you'll join us again at the Hampton Inn and Suites the next time you're in Edmonton.

Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

This hotel was great! The things I liked about it: friendly and accommodating staff, contemporary decor, comfortable beds and pillows, a good breakfast, coffee on all day, quiet rooms. The only thing I would say, being the parent of small children, the room we had only had a shower, no bath tub. If you do want a tub in your room, make sure you mention this at booking to see if that is available. Also, we tried the restaurant immediately across from the hotel, Homefire, and it was great! We had never heard of this restaurant, but it had great atmosphere and even better food - very convenient as it is only a short walk from the hotel. Also, as the review before this mentioned, finding this hotel at first is a little tricky, as it is not clearly visible from the main road.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Ketteringham, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West, responded to this review, May 14, 2010
Dear valued guest.

As a frequent traveller and user of Tripadvisor I would like to thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We're absolutely delighted that you've enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you'll come visit us the next time you're in the Edmonton area.

Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

Our recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suite has led me to write my first hotel reveiw. The staff were wonderful!! They were patience, respectful and sincere from the front desk to the cleaning staff. Whitroy greeted us apon our arrival and continued to help us through out our stay. We were traveling with two young children so requests came in all forms such as a can opener to helping us get our 'stuff' to our room. We were on a shopping weekend and between the bags and stroller n' carseats the extra help was much appriecated. When we check-out we had forgotten about the time change and we had just missed breakfast but Whitroy offered us breakfast anyway. The breakfast staff where more then happy to grab us juice, yogurt and toast.
The pool was perfect for young family's with the toddler pool, hot tub and swimming pool complete with basketball and volleyball net! Oh and they actually had balls to play with.
The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. Our 9 month old even slept through the night!! That is a big testiment for us parents.
Location is a bit confusing to find at first, one way streets, but convenient location in general for our visit - shopping!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Fort Mac
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

After reviewing all the posative feedback on Trip Advisor we, myself, mother, step-father, sister and her two small kids decided to stay at this hotel. When we went to check-in there was no one at the Front Desk, a very nice lady finally came to check us in after us knocking on the door behind the Front Desk and waiting at leats 5-10 minutes. We asked for a crib to be in our room and we got a portable playpen which, we bring every time we go somewhere having small kids. Advertise playpen than, not crib.

My sister's husband came to join us the first night unexpectedly and when we went to the pool the kids pool was closed, the hot tub was closed and the pool was too deep for my niece and nephew to play in so we couldn't use anything. When my sisters husband went into the other bed in the morning because thier room had two beds they heard crunchiing which, was chips inbetween the bed sheets and none of us had chips in the room leading us to believe the bed linens weren't cleaned from the previous people staying in the room, which is discusting!

We checked out early and when we went to have breakfast there was no room to sit so they brought us to a really far boardroom like area to eat and it was very inconvienient because every time we wanted something else we had to take all the kids and walk all the way back because we didn't feel comfortable going back and forth alone. Also, the chairs rolled and my nephew fell and banged his chin because there were no infant seats availiable, not practical at all. At check-out there were two very upset people that thier cars got broken into or stolen, I couldn't quite hear the conversation but it made me concerned and I went to go check my car, my mothers car and my brother'n laws vehicle right away.

When we mentioned the chips in the bed and that they weren't ours a lady with glasses on and a strong accent laughed and pretended like it never happened and asked if we're putting the charges on the card given. Hello, we had dirty sheets! No pool access, no hot tub access and we had challanges at breakfast and were concerned we wouldn't have a vehicle to go home in! We will never stay here again and will recommend to all our friends the same. Too bad, the hotel looks new but too much trouble. Oh and did I mention the construction people building something in front of the hotel screaming outside first thing in the morning, nice way to be woken up. Definitly not worth it!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

From the get go:
Friendly staff, amazing service, clean rooms, I swear I have not gotten this type of service at 5 star hotels, and I have stayed at more than one. Alice, Ricky, Maria, to name a few of the awesome staff, not to mention how great housekeeping has been- I am so impressed. Great with kids, polite, they make you feel like you are VIP. My only complaint is that the bathrooms in the suites don't have sinks in them and the sink is outside the bathroom (yucky). But even that is bearable because the rest of the place makes up for it. Otherwise, the regular rooms have enormous bathrooms in them with sinks in the bathrooms. We have a few more days to go-8 days all together here at the Hampton Inn and Suites, and if they are anything like they have been, I will be coming back. Loved it. Oh and BTW- the pool is awesome...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

I was impressed. Upon booking I requested a playpen and found it to be assembled and waiting in our room at check in.

Breakfast was more complete than the usual continentals. Rooms were large enough and clean. I had my 10-month old with me and didn't feel nervous about letting him crawl around.

West Edmonton Mall is a $15 cab ride away. And the lack of sidewalks (not sure if they don't exist or are buried in snow in winter) made it difficult to get to the Mayfield Common shopping area north of the hotel on foot. Cab cost $8.

Kiddie pool was a treat for the baby although it seemed a little chilly to me.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Edmonton/West? Share your experiences!