“Beware Santo's has changed ownership!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Santo's Pizza & Steak

Santo's Pizza & Steak
10821 95 St NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (McCauley)
(780) 421-1507
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,082 of 1,887 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: McCauley
Edmonton
“Beware Santo's has changed ownership!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Yesterday, I decided to have lunch at what I thought was Santo's Restaurant in Edmonton's Little Italy. We have always loved the food there and the neighbourhood atmosphere. To my surprise the restaurant has been completely renovated. We ordered linguini and rigatoni with Napolitano sauce. When the meal arrived I tasted the first bite and was assaulted by the most intense "hot chili" heat I have ever tasted. My tongue is still burnt from that brief taste. My partners dish was the same. We sent the food back and the chef came out and was defensive because he claimed we had ordered Diavolo instead!! We corrected him and soon they brought out our Napolitano pasta. It was disgusting. The pasta was overcooked and dry. This is not Italian food.!This is garbage. We never saw the chef again, even when I sent my dish back and we did make our complaints known to the staff (who are still as kind and wonderful as before). The old Santo's may have been rundown but it was quality, this new restaurant may look nice but the food is horrible. Beware!!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Edmonton
“good food for a gambling house”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

The food was fine, especially for the price. However, visitors need to be aware that the place is surrounded with VLTs and TVs with horse races for betting. It's interesting, for sure, but it's neither quaint nor relaxing.

Visited September 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The Tutta Mare is to die...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

The Tutta Mare is to die for

“Good service, reasonable...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

Good service, reasonable price. Good calamari, fresh salad & steak on a bun complete with roasted vegetables.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A great little Italian place tucked away in Little Italy. Not to be missed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2008

A great little Italian place tucked away in Little Italy. Not to be missed.