“Very good food and service.....a little over priced though” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Century Grill & Bar

Century Grill & Bar
3975 Calgary Trail NW, Edmonton, Alberta T6J 6S6, Canada (Calgary Trail South)
780-431-0303
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Century Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #549 of 1,978 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Calgary Trail South
Cross street: Whitemud Fwy
Transit: Century Grill & Century Room are adjacent to all major bus routes along Calgary Trail and 7 blocks from the Southgate terminal. The new LRT South Line phase also runs within 7 blocks, linking with the downtown core. Coming from West Edmonton Mall, city buses are only a few stops away.
Toronto, Canada
“Very good food and service.....a little over priced though”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Excellent atmosphere, great curtained off private room which was nice for a team business dinner. Food was phenomenal however I would say a little overpriced considering it is in Edmonton. I would expect those kind of prices in Toronto/Vancoucer or Chicago maybe. Atmosphere was pretty neat and they have awesome patios. Good location too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Edmonton, Canada
“We agreed with Mikida B's review”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I agreed with MikidaB. My friends and I (2 ladies and 3 guys) went to Century Grill, thinking that it was their 13th Years Celebration of Century Grills. We had the tickets. And that nite, we had a birthday to go to, instead we went to Century Bars and Grills thinking that there would be a lot of fun for the big celebration as stated on the tickets...appetizers, cocktail drinks and DJ spinning from 8pm till late. We went early at 7pm because we wanted to get the best seatings. We ordered lot of food and drinks and adding 18pct tips for the waitress. As the nite went on, the waitress gave us tiny minature cups of chopped small pieces of watermelon which she called appetizers. Those bits of watermelon looked like the leftover which should be thrown in the garbage but they used it and chopped into bits to fill the miniature plastic cups which you can find it in a dollar store. The watermelon tasted tasteless. The food that we ordered were not at all good. When we gave the tickets which have the barcode on them to the waitress for cocktail drinks, the waitress told us that there would not be cocktail drinks served. But on the tickets that we had, it did show that there would be appetizers and cocktail drinks served for the 13th year celebration. The music that the DJ played were horrible and loud. That night, my friends and I were disappointed that 13th year celebration for Century bar and Grill was not a celebration. You are correct, Mikida, those tickets were to lure customers to Century Bar and Grill. We wished that we had gone to our friends' birthday party instead of spending so much money on Century Bar and Grill which did not hold to their promise that was shown on their tickets. Once bitten, twice sly/become smarter... we will never go back there again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“CENTURY BAR & GRILL TICKET for complimentary cocktail drinks and Appetizer is a SCAM”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I am sure Century Bar and Grill & 100 Bar and Grill are the same owner. Their waitresses are more into male-customers and give the male-customers special attention and previleges. I received a ticket from a VIP customer of CENTURY bar to celebrate 13th years Anniversay of Century BAR & GRILL. On the ticket, it stated there is complimentary selection of Appetizers and cocktail drinks. I went at 730pm to have dinner and drinks which I paid for adding 18pct tip for the waitress. I showed the Centure Bar and Grill ticket to the waitress for a complimentary drink and Appetizer as stated on the ticket as it was their celebration of 13th years. Couple of waitresses told me that at 11pm, the complimentary cocktail drinks and Appetizers would be going around & would be served to customers who have the tickets. At 11pm, I gave the waitress the Century Bar and Grill ticket for the complimentary cocktail drinks and Appetizers, the waitress told me that there was no complimentary cocktail drinks and that the complimentary Appetizers have already run out. But I have the tickets, and I did not see any complimentary cocktail drinks and Appetizers given out as stated on their tickets.
BEWARE: when CENTURY BAR and GRILL tickets were given out, the owners of the CENTURY BAR and GRILL is trying to lure you back to their restaurants to spend more money on their restaurant and those tickets that they gave to the customeers are useless. Any customers can go there without the tickets. THERE IS NO COMPLIMENTARY DRINKS AND APPETIZERS given eventhough it was stated on the tickets. The owners are just luring you to come back so you can spend more money in their restaurant.
BEWARE: do not be happy thinking that you are a special guest to them when CENTURY BAR AND GRILL gives you their ticket stating that there will be complimentary drinks and appetizer. It is just a scam to lure people to feel important and come back for more spending.
If you look around, there are more men in their bar then women, as their waitresses treat men better than women as they stated that the men give more tips.
When my friends and I was at 100 Bar and Grill for dinner, we waited at the front for waitresses to come and greet us to show us our table. Waitresses passed by ignoring us. After waiting for 1/2hr, my friends and I were ready to leave, then the manager noticed us, and asked if any waitress had served us, we told him "NO". then he went to get a waitress to serve us. If it is not for him, we would have left without having our meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“A nice change from traditional chains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

A decent spot for a date. The atmosphere was nice, interesting menu( particularly the baked potato spring rolls- which my husband devoured) not for me, I had the dips and baked Brie,mmmmhmmmm. A good experience overall.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton
“A good meal to impress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Although the food is a bit high priced the food quality and service matches. If you want to impress someone special the is the place.

Visited June 2012