“The New Yiannis is Still My Favourite Restaurant in Edmonton” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yiannis Taverna Restaurant

Yiannis Taverna Restaurant
10444 82 Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Strathcona)
+1 780-433-6768
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Yiannis Taverna Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 1,979 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Strathcona
Cross street: 104th
Transit: There is a bus stop on the block, and a taxi stand.
Description: Yiannis serves Greek food that is inspired by traditional recipes and healthy living. Our chef, James Anast, tries to encompass every aspect of Greek cookery, from its inherent healthfulness, to its history and customs in our menu. We are located in our own building on trendy and historic Whyte Ave and have a warm and ambient room that evokes thoughts of the Mediterranean. To further enhance your dining experience there is belly-dancing on weekends and a beautiful Moroccan lounge in our lower floor for you to sip some tasty libations before or after your dinner.
Edmonton, Canada
“The New Yiannis is Still My Favourite Restaurant in Edmonton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have been going Yiannis for a very long time because the food and atmosphere have always been top notch. If you haven't been to the new look Yiannis, I highly recommend it as one of the nicest places in the city. From the new brick walls to the stone work and fire place, the place is just a delight to spend an evening with friends and family. As for the food, I didn't think it could get any better than the old Yiannis, but I think they really did make it even better (must be the new kitchen that you can't see any more).

I was there with my son who has a big appetite. Myself, I love the variety of the greek dishes. Consequently, we ordered the Mezethes appetizer platter to share. I wasn't sure it was going to be enough for the two of us, but it was perfect in size and more importantly, absolutely delicious. It comes with Pita and 3 types of dips (fantastic flavour), calamari, spanakopita, dolmades and keftedes. It was fantastic variety and every bite a mouthwatering pleasure. Plus it was the perfect size for two people to have as a meal. To top it off, my son had the bread pudding which he loved and it took him over the top on the fill meter (it was huge!).

All in all, great food, great environment and really attentive service. You can't ask for more. If you like Greek food or are looking to try some for the first time, I would be very surprised if you didn't fall in love with Yiannis.

• Visited April 2014

Shawville, Canada
“Re-visit and recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My family and I were only in Edmonton for 2 night and wanted to avoid chain restaurants. We called to see if they were wheelchair accessible and the hostest told me they were and that she would reserve a table for us. When we arrived over 20 minutes late (due to our error in gps coordinates) our table was still waiting for us with a packed house for Saturday night. We ordered spanikopita and calamari and enjoyed them to the last bite. Both were well seasoned and cooked to perfection. My parents had the slow cooked lamb and the chicken supreme and I had the pork souvlaki with roasted potatoes and Greek salad. We enjoyed every bite and even shared a little so that we could agree that we all had a perfect meal.
I HAVE ALREADY recommend this restaurant to friends in Edmonton that have never been and I have added it to my Re-visit list.
The 7pm and 9pm belly dance was just a fun little extra, but the food, the service and the atmosphere are top notch.

Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic food and a nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I am a rather fussy person but I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! , truly. This is for meat & sea food lovers & a vegetarians delight! The saganaki ,Dips and all the starters is a must to have! We visited a few times, they have set menu for very well priced ' Fantastic food with a nice atmosphere

• Visited January 2014
Edmonton ab
“Fantastic Greek Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

10 friends and myself recently went to Yiannis for the first time. Everyone pretty much ordered something different. The service was very good and the server was very friendly and outgoing. When the food came to the table, surpriseingly everyone,s at the same time, the portion,s where hugh. Almost everyone was asking for a carry out container because they could not eat all the food. Not one person complained about the food or service. The pricing was reasonable also. We will definitely go back there again and soon.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“AMAZING food and great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The food was incredible, the service was good and the decor was amazing. If you like lamb, this is the place for you! The appetizer platter is also a great option and was big enough to feed the two of us.

• Visited July 2013