“Meh” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
British Columbia, Canada
“Meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I went to this restaurant on Jasper Avenue today for lunch. I had a pizza which wasn't the greatest. Because we had a group, we had to pre-order our meals, and the pizza tasted like it wasn't very fresh and the cheese was starting to cool. The pasta dishes looked fabulous, but the portion sizes were all way too big, and 90% of our group left with take-out containers.

The restaurant was also very busy for lunch. What I couldn't understand was while the waitresses were running around busy, there were two male managers (I'm guessing), who pretty much just stood around watching the waitresses. Even when the waitress was serving us all parmesan cheese he was pretty much standing over her shoulder watching her. It made me just feel awkward.

Oh, and they automatically added an 18% gratuity, which I understand, but as I was paying my bill, the waitress asked me if there was anything else I would like to add. Ummm, no?!

For food that was just okay, I would probably go to another restaurant before returning to the Sicilian Pasta Kitchen again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Auburn WA
“horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the restaurant on 23rd. I ordered the veal special. It was breaded thin veal. You would expect it to be tender and have a wonderful flavor. Wrong it was breaded shoe leather. I asked for a sharp knife and still couldn't cut it.

Visited September 2012
St. Albert
“Excellent Italian cuisine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The family gathered out on SPK's patio for a wonderful meal. The patio is on the side street, off of Jasper Avenue so it was mainly quiet. The bruchetta and calimari appies were great. Everyone seemed to have a different pasta dish. Nobody was disappointed. I had the ravioli. Very yummy. The pastas are all home made, so the quality is superb. They have a pretty decent wine list. The deserts looked good as they passed by our table, but everyone was full.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Snotty hostess”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We arrived at the restaraunt Aug.29 just before 5. Hostess asked do we have a reservation, since we did not she told us we had to leave by 7:30. I asked" why is the whole place booked? " Met by eye rolls. Gave us a crappy table by the bar so we asked to sit at the window table but she "couldn't do that" then spoke to our waitress. The service was alright but very standoffish , the food was fine. The widow table we would liked to have sat at was empty the whole time, as we're many other tables. With so many fine restaraunts in Edmonton why would we go back to be treated like that? We also saw her treat several other couples the same way. Although we have been there many times she left such a sour taste we will not go back. Customer service very lacking.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“nice place to eat outside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The food was good, good service, and nice view of Jasper Avenue and the sky. They give you plenty of food!!

Visited August 2012