“Poor value, cigarette smoke in the dinning room.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Orchid Restaurant

Thai Orchid Restaurant
4009 Gateway Boulevard Northwest, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Calgary Trail South)
780-438-3344
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 1,978 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Calgary Trail South
“Poor value, cigarette smoke in the dinning room.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I like Thai food very much but was disappointed in this meal. The dish was #26 it had much too much oil in it and much to little of everything else except rice which was an extra charge. The room smelled of smoke and I left hungry rather than to fill up on plain rice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

mt baldy
“I'd go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We did take-out from here and the food was delicious. The staff was friendly, food was ready in good time and the prices were good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Great food and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was surprised at the quality of the food since it was attached to an undesirable budget motel. The food saved my stay! I would go back again.

Visited November 2012
alberta , canada
“Not what it used to be...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went back to this restaraunt knowing that it had changed owners. We hoped to have as good a meal as last time but unfortunately we were disappointed with our experience.
We had reservations and although we were a few minutes late, were seated at our table without any trouble. Water was served to us and we received menus - all fairly soon after being seated.
And that was the end of any "promptness". After 15 minutes a waitress came and took our order which included soup, rice, salad and a curry dish. The soup arrived 20 minutes later and then the rest of our order took another 45 minutes to get to the table - over an hour after arriving at the restaraunt! The soup, rice and curry were very good, altho the beef was chewy/tough in the curry dish. I couldn't tell what the salad tasted like because it was so spicy we were unable to eat more than a few bites. The restaraunt should change the "hot " rating system ( one chili pepper!) to a two or even three pepper rating for that salad (btw, I can eat hot and spicy but this was just too hot!)!
Hopefully it was just an off night but I will likely not go back to this restaraunt because of the lengthy time spent waiting for our food to arrive, there are just too many other Thai places to try. out.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“I really like this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I really like this restaurant. In my opinion, this restaurant makes the best Pad Thai I have ever eaten. I also like the fresh spring rolls and the coconut rice. I like to put the yellow curry chicken and potatoes dish over the rice. The service is friendly and the atmosphere is very nice. Portions tend to be small but the prices are fair and comparable to other Thai restaurants in the city, which charge much more for a little more food. Closed Sunday and Monday

• Visited August 2012