“Amazing Hot and Sour Soup” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #579 of 1,978 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Chinese, Szechuan
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We are located in Edmonton.We have been voted # 1 by Edmontonians for over the past 24 years. After your first bite! You'll know why. Our customer's have said..."Szechuan Castle has the tastiest Chinese food in Edmonton". In business since 1989,Szechuan Castle is fully licensed. Szechuan Castle is dedicated to providing the best Szechuan style cuisine experience in Edmonton. We want to share the rich flavors and culture of china through our food.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Amazing Hot and Sour Soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've lived in Edmonton for 7 years and have yet to find a good hot and sour soup...until last Sunday. It was the most amazing soup that i've had just the right amount of spice and tang, I got take out due to a cold so I can't comment on the restuarant itself but the food was most excellent.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kim N, Owner at Szechuan Castle, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
We're happy to hear your search for the most amazing hot and sour soup is
over. We try our best to make the tastiest Chinese food at Szechuan castle. Glad you
found it most Excellent. Thank you! for your Excellent review. Have a great
day!.

Edmonton, Canada
“Great lunch buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Good place to go for a Chinese/Canadian lunch buffet. There is a good variety and the food is hot. They keep it clean the eating area clean. The bathrooms are also clean and service is good. At lunch time it gets very busy and they refill the dishes often. Have been for supper on a prior visit, and the buffet does not get refilled as often. A little pricey for supper. Will go back for sure.

Visited April 2013
Szechuan castle

It's so nice of you to say that...Szechuan castle is a Good place to go for a Chinese/Canadian lunch buffet,and that There is a good variety food and it's hot. 1. clean eating area. 2.clean bathrooms. 3.Good service. Glad you'll come back. And we'll try even harder on your next visit. Thanks! for taking the time to write and share your review.
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Place For A Bithday Party.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My son took me to Szechuan castle for my Birthday March 24, 2013.

The whole family have been celebrating our birthdays there for a very long time. I had a fantastic time. Great food! Great service! Great company! Great atmosphere! Very clean dining room and restrooms. Szechuan Castle has the Best Chinese Food In Edmonton. The food selection is awesome! You could never eat every single item...There's so much to choose from...Hot and Fresh! We've been going there with my family for the past 14 Years!

I wanted to point out my feelings on the review that was written about the alleged hair in the take out order here on trip Advisor...I can't believe this happened, I don't believe that the Szechuan staff would have treated them this way on the phone even if it did happen. I've never had any problems with take out or dinning in,the staff have always been helpful and friendly.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Szechuan castle

You sure have a good Son. lol It's so nice to hear that the whole family celebrates their birthdays at Szechuan castle. It's also fantastic to hear that you and your family have been coming to Szechuan castle for the past 14 Years! WOW! You're going to make us blush. We appreciate all your kind words. And thanks! for giving your opinion on the other review. Glad you and your birthday party enjoyed the... Great food! Great service! Great company! Great atmosphere! And Very clean dining room and restrooms. Thanks! for taking the time to write and share your review.
Edmonton, Alberta
“Huge Buffet, so be very very hungry....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have driven by this place for years and decided to drop in for lunch. I had intended on ordering a couple of dishes from the menu, but that simply didn't make sense when the lunch buffet was only $12.99. There was a salad bar, a couple of soups, numerous entrees and a little dessert bar too. I'm not much of a buffet person because the food is usually luke warm and I have a tendency to try numerous dishes making me uncomfortably full by the end of my meal. I managed to limit my items and what I tried had great flavor, but they could kick up the temperature on the steam tables. The place was packed, and there were several people returning for a round 2 and even 3... so, I'm on the fence with this one... Maybe I'm just not a buffet person because it's certainly enjoyed by a LOT of people.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Szechuan castle

Glad you stopped by. I guess you're right! you're not a big eater and that's why you're not too fond of buffets...That's OK! We're glad you enjoyed the dishes you tried and found they had great tasting flavor. And you're right! again...Our customer's do go back for a 3rd helping because they just can't get enough “Szechuan castle's Excellent Chinese food”. Thanks! for taking the time to write and share your review.
Saskatoon, Canada
“Excellent Chinese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This restaurant served some of the best Chinese food I've ever had. Now let me admit that this was Canadianized "Chinese" food not legitimate Chinese food but it was some of the best of that version I've ever had.

The food was hot and fresh with great flavour and there was a decent selection AND, in a first in a Chinese buffet restaurant, the deserts were actually good.

The only thing I thought they could improve was that they put too much batter on some of their deep fried dishes. Other than that, it was excellent.

Visited February 2013
Szechuan castle

First off! We want to apologize for responding so late to your review. We're new to this social media thing.lol We appreciate you sharing your dining experience and thank you for saying it's the best Chinese food You've ever had. Yes! we do try to provide a wide selection of hot and fresh Chinese food with great flavor, so everyone of our customer's is satisfied. Thanks! for your tip on the batter. Be sure to come back soon for more of “Szechuan castle's Excellent Chinese food”.