“Three Great's” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Packrat Louie

Packrat Louie
10335 83 Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Strathcona)
(780) 433-0123
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Packrat Louie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,978 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strathcona
Cross street: 104 Street
Transit: One block south on Whyte avenue.
Edmonton
“Three Great's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Food, ambience and service were our three greats when we went to Packrat Louie last Saturday. Scott was our waiter and was there at every whim. For a night out with another couple, its a great choice!

Edmonton, Canada
“Rude hostess”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I made a reservation for my husband's birthday, the restaurant was empty at that time and she give us the table by the entrance, we request for another table and she say can't do and walk away. we ask the waitress and she did her best but the hostess say no, I was ready to leave but my husband look not to happy and I decide to stay, food was great but expencive. I don't think we willl go again. Manager never check on the tables to make sure everything is good, I don't think we will back....

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Saanich
“I miss Jodh. ..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Called to reserve a table for 3. Great table, excellent server Kelsey. Great bottle of Malbec, wife had the famous lemon pizza w/ a side of there equally famous Cesar salad. Mum had the huge lamb shank which fell off the bone. I ordered the special which sounded superb but ended up being a mish mash of pasta & unrecognizable goo w / a few tidbits of tasty by very sparce smoked fish species....it resembled something out of a hamburger helper package. BUT...Kelsey immediately recognized the unpleasant look on my face and removed it from the bill. I had a wonderful glass of their NZ SB to finish my night and I will go back again.

Essex
“A sort of renaissance for this popular restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have been clients of this establishment for many years on our visits to Edmonton, and we have seen it prosper and also seen its downside in the recent past. I am pleased to say that once again it is very good and well worth a visit.
The prices, even by European standards are quite high, but the food is varied, well prepared and well served. The menu is relatively small, but there should be something for everyone, ranging from the old favourites of lemon pizza to grilled king prawns and the usual meat dishes.
The wine list is good, albeit quite expensive, and the choice generally very good.
The service can be a bit too relaxed and although we were greeted when we arrived, we had to find our own coats (and the door) when we left, as there was no-one to say goodbye or to ask if we had enjoyed our meal. Our server was too busy setting tables for next day to notice we were leaving.
Basically, the whole thing needs a bit of tightening up. A decent maître d' could make a world of difference, but in general terms, a pretty good restaurant and worth a visit. A little European influence with the service might help.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton,AB
“Sooo good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

It has been a couple of years since we've eaten here and I was a little worried that it would not be as good as we remembered. But it was and even better! We came here with friends to celebrate the Christmas season and we were given a lovely table tucked away by the door. The waiter was attentive but also gave us our space. We started off with the butternut squash soup for 3 and the beet salad for my husband. He really enjoyed his salad and the soup was also very good - couldn't taste the coconut milk as well as I would have liked. Most of us chose the amazing pork chop and one went for the beef tenderloin. I loved the toppings on the pork chop (done perfectly, not overcooked or dried out) and the rice on the side was amazing. We all loved the main course. For dessert the waiter recommended the cream brulee - egg nog flavour and very good! We ordered that plus the sticky toffee pudding (not our favourite - too much molasses flavour) and the lemon tart - very lemony. Dinner for 4 along with 2 bottles of Malbec and coffee was $280.

• Visited December 2013