“For that price you would expect more care...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Packrat Louie

Packrat Louie
10335 83 Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Strathcona)
(780) 433-0123
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Packrat Louie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,979 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Strathcona
Cross street: 104 Street
Transit: One block south on Whyte avenue.
Edmonton, Canada
“For that price you would expect more care...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I have been many times with my family to eat at the restaurant, in particular for lunch. Actually Packrat was one of my wife's favourite restaurant. However last time was ... My last time ever.
The waitress was very kind as usual and everything went well untill the fish I order (the snapper) arrived. It smelled horribly like a sewer. When we called the waitress and she smelled it she turned pale. It is impossible that the chef has not noticed it when he was cooking the fish. My family was not able to eat their fish (they order salmon and halibut).
We asked the bill and the waitress came with a smile saying they were not charging us for the putrid snapper... Too kind... All the rest was charged without a single cent discounted.
I

Visited July 2013

Edmonton
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Really liked this place, had a delicious soup before my meal and the portions were good. Surprisingly not as expensive as the atmosphere would make you believe.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leduc, Canada
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Have been here a few times and I'm always blown away by the flavour and service! I have not tried one bad dish so far at Packrat Louis, will be going back many times.. a favorite in Edmonton!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
“pre-wedding dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Eight of us gathered for a pre-wedding meet and celebrate event. The food was tasty and the service and ambience were good. We would go again to this pleasant restaurant

Visited July 2013
“Glad we popped in for lunch and we'll certainly return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Packrats has an old historic feel with modern elegance. We reviewed the menu before coming and had already decided what to have but once my fiancée saw their wood fire stove for their pizza he ordered that instead. I added a small serving of their daily soup (pork sausage and shrimp-simply delicious) as well as the blackened chicken burger. Our server was very nice. Lunch attire can be casual. I would probably not come for dinner in a t-shirt. We really enjoyed the well prepared food and found it to be reasonably priced. Try it out. I doubt you'd be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013