“A great choice for sushi and sashimi!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mikado is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 1,979 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 98 street
Transit: bus route 59 and 74
St. Albert, Canada
“A great choice for sushi and sashimi!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The assortment of sake has been reduced but the fish is always excellent. The Hamachi collar and Alaskan Black cod are my favorites. The oysters are excellent but phone first to reserve a dozen! :)

Visited December 2012

Rainbow Lake, Canada
“Always Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I stop here everytime we visit Edmonton. The food is always fresh and tastes great. We have tried just about everything on the menu. Our favorites are still the Spider roll and the California Roll. The Bento boxes are great for someone wanting to try a little of everything. Atmosphere is busy but not so much that you can't have a conversation between yourselves.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Whitehorse, Canada
“A surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

There are a couple locations for this restaurant so I was suspect at the quality when I decided to give the location in South Edmonton Commons a try for lunch before making my 20 minute drive to Edmonton International airport. However this sushi experience was an absolute delight and I will return to experience some of the freshest and artistic sushi I have ever eaten for a very reasonable price, hopefully again soon. Well done and keep up the great inspirations for sushi art.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton, Canada
“I love Dragon Eyes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is my go-to Japanese restaurant. There are 3 branches in Edmonton and it's great that one of them is near where I live. You cannot go wrong with this restaurant. The menu choices have everything and they are all good. But my favourite and one I never fail to order when I'm dining: dragon eyes.

Visited November 2012
Port Hope, Canada
“Fab! Respectful! Excellent! Opulent! Exquisite! Delightful! Authentic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

All of the above words of our party, perfectly describes our first-time dining experience at Mikado. We all loved the spotless décor, and despite being very busy, our delicious fresh food was delivered to our table in a very timely manner. Everything was prepared the way we requested and without exception, easily exceeded our expectations. If you love Japanese cuisine, be sure to visit this Mikado location in South Edmonton Common.

• Visited October 2012