“Great Food, Great View” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harvest Room

Harvest Room
10065 100 St NW | The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (Downtown)
(780) 429-6424
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,979 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Jasper Avenue
“Great Food, Great View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Excellent food, service, presentation, great selection of wine, and a great View of the River valley. Expensive but worth a treat one or two times a year

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Edmonton, Canada
“Sad to see the decline of one of Edmonton's best places to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This was one of Edmonton’s best restaurants for dining out on a regular basis or for special occasions and indeed our favourite. The food and its presentation, the service and the ambience were always so classy. Over the last thirty years or so, we had taken our friends from Europe and other places who were ever so impressed.
We went back after a fairly long gap and were disappointed to say the least. The quality of the ingredients have deteriorated – it includes frozen vegetables – peas for instance! The meat is of lower quality even if the portions are much larger than before. My steak looked less than appetising resting on a lumpy bed of mashed potato and the chimichurri sauce suffered from what looked like an accidental spill of olive oil. The waiter didn’t present the bottle of wine before pouring what looked like a half-measure!! He also asked us to pick our dessert selection along with our order for the first two courses and seemed to be in much hurry!! The desserts were fortunately still the highlight.
All in all, it seems we have lost one of Edmonton’s prides.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Barbados
“Good Hotel Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

While I don't always eat in the hotels I'm staying at, I thought I'd take it easy and not venture out. I was not disappointed. The Harvest Room is a classic but the room could use a little pick up as it is quite 'tired'. The restaurant overlooks the North Saskatchewan River so has some nice views. The menu was good and had some good wine pairing suggestions with the main courses - well done Harvest Room - more restaurants should do this. I only ordered one course - the Beef Tenderloin, which was was good with excellent accompaniments but was over-cooked. This may have been my fault in ordering as I waivered between medium and medium rare. In any event it was still good. The Malbec wine pairing made up for the well done meat. So with the benefit of the doubt, I'll score this as Very Good. One last point - it is not inexpensive. 1 cocktail, 2 glasses of wine and 1 main with tip - $111.18.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“One of Edmonton's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The view of the river valley from the restaurant and hotel is beautiful. The service and food is fantastic. The staff acknowledge me by my Mr at least 10 times during our meal. The meal came with a buffalo ceviche which was fantastic. I had the strip loin which was perfectly prepared and my wife had the lamb. We had the lemon tart for dessert with a shortbread crust, it was delicious. The service at the Hotel MacDonald is always great and the ambience of the hotel, patio and Harvest Room is nice. Compared to other high end restaurants in Edmonton, this is one of my favourite and the cost is reflected in food quality and service.

Visited July 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Edmonton's best River Valley View on the Patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We treat ourselves every now and then to a meal at the Mac. Such a beautiful spot to relax and eat a casual meal with your family. Every meal we've had has been awesome. My daughter orders from the kids menu and she is always happy. Sitting on the patio I always feel like I'm on holidays. Wish we could go more often. The service is great and atmosphere can't be beat.

• Visited July 2014