“Disgusting” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau Motel

You added Chateau Motel to your Saves list
Chateau Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1414 Calgary Trail SW, Edmonton, Alberta T6W 1A1 , Canada   |
Ranked #71 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Hinton
“Disgusting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I am not generally fussy about where I stay & have stayed a couple times when arriving late. I have phoned & been told there were no more $59 rooms available. While pondering my predicament, I was told there was a possible checkout & I could have that room for $75 but talked it down to $65. Ten minutes later it was "cleaned" & available.You don't have to be a gynecologist to figure out who checks out at midnite. 2 x $65 minimum. You do the math. Pretty good income using the world's oldest profession as a source. Sheets didn't appear to be dirty but the bedspread probably was. Didn't take a chance & it went on the floor in a corner. Rooms were dirty & noisy with drunks. Promised myself I'll sleep in my car first before going here again.

Room Tip: Might get more than you paid for
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I travel frequently on business; in 2010 I stayed 100+ nights in motels across Alberta, BC and in the U.S.A.. Without exception the staff showed a commitment to making our stay as pleasant as possible. I would highly recommend a stay at this “home away from home” in Edmonton .an excellent experience. From the welcoming front desk staff to the cleanliness of the rooms.Very nice motel. Enjoyed our stay very much! Room was very clean and comfortable, staff excellent! Breakfast is very good Next door. This motel is definitely where we will stay on our next visit to Edmonton!

Room Tip: book early $59 dollar rooms sell out first
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Camrose, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

The rooms in this Motel are very clean. It is very family like. The rooms are very nice with a lot of extras. My wife and I have been coming here for 15 years. We stay in no other Motel when we are in Edmonton.

Room Tip: Cleans, very well p;riced, and very comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Clean and quiet rooms for quite the price points...I stayed for a week cause I was attending a wedding.. the service was spectacular and the rooms were well maintained..the flat screen tv were quiet impressive

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I don't know where to start with this one. This motel advertises on a big old neon sign 59.99 rooms which of course is not the case. It also boldly advertises being clean which it most definitely is not. I got a kitchenette room with a queen bed. Well if you call two burners, one fork, one spoon, two knives, and a frying pan a kitchen. The bathroom was appalling, it had dried urine all down the front of the toilet that was black from the dust settling on it, and the bathtub was just nasty. The mattress was obviously from at least the eighties, and your taking a gamble with the sheets, it was very questionable whether or not they had changed the sheets from the previous persons stay. The location is next to the highway, which is normal, but there is only one restaurant nearby and it closes at 3pm. Finally the management is very ignorant as well....cheap...cheap...cheap. I had been there for two weeks (working), and had the opportunity to go home for the night, to be back the very next day, only I could not bring my bag due to there being no room in the car, so I asked the manager if I could leave my bag with them as they have plenty of room, and was told No. I couldn't believe it. They said I would just have to keep and pay for my room and keep my bag there. Money hungry wolves in sheeps clothing

• Stayed October 2010
Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

The Chateau Motel is fine for what I needed: a place to stay the night while I traveled through Edmonton by myself. It took me around 30 minutes to check in because the poor guy at the desk was on the phone back and forth with the manager and the husband of a disgruntled previous customer (but I think the customer was nuts).

I was told on the phone when I reserved that I would get what I called the $60 rate, but it was $69 when I got the the desk. $9 wasn't worth any more delay since I was tired. There was some serious soap opera drama going on outside the room next door between a couple so that was entertaining. Actually, given how well I could hear them they were probably standing outside my room.

The room was showing its age, but it was clean. The wireless internet worked fine.

I'd recommend this place if you want to save the $50 more it would cost you to stay somewhere nicer. There was nothing really wrong with it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
edmonton, canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

After my family and I were moving to Edmonton we decided to spend a night at the Chateau Motel since they advertised the 59.95 per night I thought it would be a great deal. Only no one gets the $59.95 deal, the rate is a number they pick out of their head. Since we were still looking for a place the following day we asked for a weekly rate. We were quoted a price for the kitchenette room (not a full kitchen just a microwave and mini fridge). The room was booked so we said we would stay in a small room with one bed till the next day when the room would open up. We paid the weekly rate. Next day they said that in order to move to the room we paid for we would have to pay another $300 more. So I asked for a refund on the weekly rate and wanted to get out of there since I would be needing a kitchenette. however in order to get a refund, I would be deducted $120 per night...forced to stay in the room with no kitchen. Next..the do not disturb sign is ignored. My child and I were sleeping in bed and they would walk in the room, once I was in the shower and they still walked in the room..I had to yell to get the hell out. The owners are very money hungry and said since we are staying a week, no towel service. One staff member notified me that the owner couple stated that since he didnt charge us enough tax it was deducted his from pay. The room was disqusting with cigarette burns in the blanket, a bathroom sink that leaked when turned on, and the room smelled disqustingly bad...this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in...i beg you not to give these ppl your hard earned money.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Chateau Motel? Share your experiences!