“Stay at this hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort

Save Saved
You added Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort to your Saves list
Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 E Lapotec Blvd | Enoch, Edmonton, Alberta T7X 3Y3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #21 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
Regina
“Stay at this hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

This was our first time staying in this hotel and I have to say it far exceeded our expectations. The staff was extremely helpful and curteous, the rooms were very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The food in the restaurant was great. The workout faclility was a nice bonus. We were a little leary about the location but once we got here and realized that was only about 5 minutes from the West Edmonton Mall we were happy. We plan on being return customers of this hotel everytime we come to Edmonton and plan on spreading the word.

Stayed February 2008

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a night for his birthday. The hotel was nice, but nothing special. The room was very clean, the shower was nice and large. The room had nice beddings and a nice tv. I have slept on a more comfortable bed though. Considering they allow smoking in the Casio, the smoke was well contained there. Did not effect us in our room.The buffet at the Kitchen was so gross! We were there at the Asian theme night and it was so nasty. Even the bread was bad. The best part of the meal was when it was over. For $20/person there was not much selection and the food was really bad. I would stay there again, but I would go out to eat!

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
grande prairie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

I travel alot because I am an adventurer and I love to enjoy nice things like new Marriott hotels. This one is a treat, it has't been around more than 2 years or so and it still has that "new car feeling" which is amazing. The casino on site is good for bringing in b rated shows, the last time I was here they had BOYZ2MEN playing here, ooops i missed that show, oh darn maybe next time[NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!] ok, but i digress. lets get to the nitty gritty.

1. The Lobby: Vast, huge, spacious well decorated, friendly staff, easy check-in. $17 extra per 24hours for in room internet connection [free business centre on site].

2. The Rooms...
a] sleeping area: the beds are comfy, they have fluffy comforters and if i knew anything about thread count I would say they are luxurious, but i dont profess to know about that so just know that I always SLEEP DEEPLY in these beds. Which is a good thing because thats why i rented the room to begin with, a place to lay my weary head.
b] the bathroom: WOHOO! TOP NOTCH, marble vanities with hidden sink and modern decor, elongated toilet for a relaxing ummmmmmmm, bowed shower curtain rail for luxurious showerring, and the BEST PART is IMHO the BATH AND BODYWORKS PRODUCTS!!! The first time I stayed here a year and a half ago I found this shampoo and conditioner to be AMAZING, the smell was awesome and it made my showwering experience envigorating. This made me want to buy the product and then I found out that Bath and Bodyworks was not a store here in Canada, so I attempted to buy online but "Sorry sir we do not ship to Canada!" HORRIBLE!!! Then i made sure I booked a Marriot for my trip to LA in the Spring last year so that I could enjoy more shampoo BUT IT WAS A COURTYARD [in Marina Del Rey] and used some other brand!!!! No luck at all, but I did find a store right across the street and I stocked up myself, LOL. Oh Lord, i cant believe i am shopping for hotels based upon shampoo, I'll have to give my head a shake, but i digress...
c] the view: the rooms facing the skyline are good at night but on the other side it is farmers fields covered right now in snow. ICK!!!
d] TV: awesome widescreen LCD....

3.Restaurant, for breakfast i give this Hotel top marks, the buffet is $9.95 and includes beverages!!! This morning I had a wonderful smoked salmon fruitanga [quiche type thing], some fresh fruit, yoghurt, and grilled half tomatoes, YUMMY!!! I had no room for made-to-order omelete. Overall a GREAT DEAL!!!! And the ambiance is wonderfull and the staff AMAZINGLY friendly, something very hard to find in Grande Prairie, Alberta where I am from. Other restaurants are on site, I wasnt interested in them, but the starbucks is good for a quick snack/coffee.

4. Pool, was cold brrrrrrr, it was inside on the second floor but COLD none-the-less. The hot tub on the other hand was nice and toasty last night, mmmmmm! They only allow adults in for the last hour 10-11pm. which is good for those wanting a peacefull hot tub experience.
The weight room is very good, it has a great selection of cardio equipment with individual tv screens, so bring your headphones.

All-in-all I would recommend this hotel for your stay in the Edmonton area. It is relaxing, spacious in the rooms, good service, good food, good experience. Enjoy!!

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — the cold pool
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saskatchewan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

I booked this trip as a gift for my wife , I booked this trip on Dec. 1 2007. On Dec. 10 my mother-in-law told me that my wife is deadly afraid to fly . Since the trip would be a no go , I contacted the Hotel ASAP , giving them 30 days notice as it turned out.
Basicly the answer from The Marriot was ( to bad , so sad )
We are keeping your money $ 275.00
There,s lots of good Hotels in the area , Just Not this one...

• Disliked — Being ripped OFF
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Redcliff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

We stayed at this hotel on the West Edmonton Mall leg of our trip. The hotel seems to be far away from the mall on the map but it is an easy ten minute drive.

The hotel was very large and it was connected to the casino. There was lots of free parking (probably because the hotel is very isolated).

The staff is very friendly, they seem to genuinely want you to have a good stay.

There is an exercise room with several treadmills that have built-in televisions. The room has an all in one weight machine. We didn't use the pool but it was very small and shallow.

This hotel was very clean and new looking. I think some of the other users on this site said it was built in late 2006.

Each room has a large flat screen television. The beds were very comfortable but the light coming from the smoke detector and alarm might keep some people up.

I recommend this hotel for any type of stay.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

This hotel is upscale and very new as of September 2007. The soft beds have modern clean linens, loose fitting over-size comforters and big fluffy pillows. My wife said it was a big de-stressor just to sink into them. The washroom is clean and modern, and the bath products are of good quality. Free coffee and tea in the room, and a large flat screen TV round out the package. Our room had a great view (East) of the downtown skyline and West Edmonton mall which is close. I asked, and it turns out that about 50% of the rooms have one king bed and 50% have two double beds, so if you make your reservation on price line, be sure to call the hotel and ask for a room with a view of the skyline and the bed type of your preference. The view West is pretty boring - farmer's fields. Also there are 8 floors, so try for floor 6-8 for the best view. We were on 6. The entire hotel is non-smoking, which is very excellent. We had the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning and the eggs benedict on the buffet were world class. Also the fruit juice (of your choice) that comes with breakfast is very good, I couldn't tell if it was fresh squeezed, but it was definitely of top quality. There is obviously at least one chef on duty The buffet was only $9.99 if you eat before 11:00am. There was a big lineup, so best to make your reservation the day before for breakfast. A number of people gave up waiting, because they could not be served until after 11:00am when the price (for brunch) goes up to $24.99 (although they were offering $10.00 off per-couple brunch certificates.) What impressed us most about this hotel was the staff. Every person we met, the waitress, front desk staff, bell hops, maids, maintenance engineers, were friendly, helpful, prepared, and effective problem solvers. And we did have a tough problem, I booked the wrong date on price line. Both price line and the hotel were very flexible and between them we were able to fix this problem. The hotel could not fix it unilaterally because we arrived 2 weeks ahead of our reservation and they cannot bill priceline until 2 days before arrival. Credit goes to both Priceline and Marriott fixing my mistake, in spite of their stated policy to the contrary. Also, this hotel has priceline bid prices lower than others in the area. I understand from the staff that they get a lot of business from priceline, and another reviewer seemed to have the same experience. Remember to include the West Edmonton area in your bid search. This hotel is a good base for shopping at West Edmonton Mall (according to another reviewer there is a free shuttle bus.). It is also a reasonable good base to downtown Edmonton if you go North on Hwy 216 the East on the Yellowhead Highway for a few minutes. This is reasonably quick. On Saturday night the parking lot was pretty packed when we got back, due to the Casino, so we went to the back of the hotel near the employee entrance and found some close in parking there. Parking is above ground, so in the winter when it gets below -40F, this would be important. We paid $82.00+Tax on priceline by bidding on the room => US$99.00. An excellent value in my wife's opinion. Much better than last time when we got much less for more money. I hear what the other reviewers are saying about the smokers out front and the clientele, but the clientele aren't that rough, just Edmonchuck country boys out for a good time, and if you walk into the entrance straight in from the parking lot you can avoid the smokers. My wife's assessment was, "you know, if we did one of these every six months, it would be just right". Overall impression: Wife-satisfaction score improved.

• Liked — Super comfy beds, super friendly and helfuls staff, world class food
  • Disliked — Landscaping leaves something to be desired, and they have had all summer and done nuttin'
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort? Share your experiences!