“A Reliable Standby” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
Red Deer, Canada
“A Reliable Standby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I often do business in this area and have found this Holiday Inn to be a place I can count on for consistent quality. It's not fancy but it's is clean, the beds are comfortable, the breakfast (which is included) is pretty good, and the staff is friendly.

It's not a holiday spot. It borders a very industrial area of the City. If you need a good reliable place to stay for business I would recommend this.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This particular Holiday Inn is one we love to stay at whenever we're in Edmonton. It's well maintained, with friendly staff, comfortable beds, and large rooms.

Clean:
Usually I don't have a soak in hotel bathtubs. Finding leftover hairs etc ruins any relaxation achieved. But I was cold and tired so I took a chance and ran myself a bath. Not one hair or mysterious straggler! (and no it wasn't a bubble bath-I could see the length of the tub) As someone who used to clean hotels when younger, I know how much work goes into cleaning. I've always been pleased with this hotel's cleanliness but now I'm truly impressed.

Little Extras:
The other thing I love is when hotels add little extras. I don't usually bother with the dull hotel shampoos and soaps. But the amenities this hotel provides smell delicious. I forgo my own items in favour of the enticing aromas of their shampoo etc!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, like my husband, bring some earplugs. This hotel is on a busy road w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

On our way to this hotel we had our tire blow out on the highway. I called the hotel and tried to cancel the reservation because I knew we were not going to make it. I told them the situation, but they said because it was just over an hour past the cancellation time that they would still have to charge me for a full nights stay. With little to no customer service I will never book in this hotel again. There are lots of hotels in Edmonton so why waste your time on a hotel that doesn't care about their customers and in extreme circumstances would rather cash in on an unfortunate circumstance then express any sort of customer service. Thanks for nothing.

• Stayed October 2013
San Ignacio, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

While I had difficulty booking the reservation thru Holiday Inn, As they did not know about thier own hotel even when I gave them the street it was on. The staff at the hotel was kind enough to explain to the corparate office where they were and that they did exist. For my trouble the front desk gave me an upgrade for being patient (Always be nice to the front desk everywhere) It pays off. The room was very nice (Jacuzzi Tub). Breakfast was nice as well. Entire hotel very clean and maintaned.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the other side of the train yard, if not Higher floors have less noise, Althou...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
North Vancouver, B.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

On our recent visit to Edmonton, we were fortunate to have booked into this well run, well maintained hotel. There was nothing disappointing with our stay here at all. The staff was very welcoming & friendly, the facility was certainly very adequate & even exceeded our expectations, with a pool & hot tub, & better than average complimentary breakfast bar.
If you require accommodations in North Edmonton, or it doesn't particularly matter what end of the city you are in, you won't be disappointed. Across the road is a Superstore & Costco among other retailers as well as a Swiss Chalet & Earl's restaurant also among eateries.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

i am visiting my family and i choose this hotel Holiday inn Express Edmonton North me and my wife we traveling edmonton area and visiting family because the day i staying holiday inn express it was a great day in my life and it is my second honymoon , the holiday inn express edmonton north it is great and excellent service it was in the morning the day i check in around 10h it was very very excellent the staff was helpful and friendly i think i remember amanda and belle they were excellent service give us. I and my wife we get the best jacuzzi and it was my second year honymoon it was perfect breakfast we have this is second time i stay this holiday inn express north . i will come back this perfect hotel holiday inn express north , thanks all the staff i can`t remember all names but next time i will remember every staff in this hotel it was very very excellent customer service. and every time i will stay this location .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel was recommended by a friend and it was very conveniently located for our purposes for two nights. The room with single king bed was clean, the staff was helpful and friendly when called upon. Fed too well by friends to have breakfast there but the breakfast room was crowded with no spare seating when I popped my head in for a yogurt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Edmonton North? Share your experiences!