“Would stay elsewhere.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Alberta
“Would stay elsewhere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed here one night. The hotel itself is under renovation, and the night we were there. I have stayed in hotels under renovations before, but for the entire stay, the elevator was not working. Also, our rooms were not ready at 4pm even though check in is at 3.
The bed in my room was quite nice, and comfortable. However, some friends, also staying at the hotel seemed to have a different bed entirely. Hopefully the difference is which rooms have been renovated vs. those that have not. My friend's room also refused to lock. And rather than move their room, the hotel kept trying to fix their door. We were late for a concert, and had to leave the door unlocked while the hotel "fixed" it. The next morning, no apology was issued for their door lock not working.
Based on the lack of customer service with the check in, and the broken door lock, I would not stay here again.
The good news is that the room was clean, and my bed was comfortable. If you are going to stay here, I would suggest asking for one of the renovated rooms for this reason.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Edmonton North, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear baad_14,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am glad that you found the room clean and the bed comfortable. However, please do accept our apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary quality and service during your stay. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rumsey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Staff are always friendly and helpful!
Rooms are clean; beds are new and very comfortable; there is a choice of hard and soft pillows; substantial continental breakfast with cinnamon buns is included; and parking is very accessible even for a 3/4ton truck.
Food at restaurant is good and the prices are reasonable; and room service is wonderful.
Many other amenities are within walking distance, although in places there are no sidewalks. Perhaps the owners of this hotel would consider putting in a second elevator, as a second elevator may assist the staff with their carts get to their destinations in a more timely fashion.
I have stayed here many times over the past 3 years and always found the service and the staff to be consistently good to exceptional.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a good cost effective hotel attached to a great gym, so if you are away for business and you need some exercise this is a good choice for the money.

Lots of restaurants near by Earls is within walking distance and there's a Swiss Chalet and a Tim's in the parking lot. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Maria Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Edmonton North, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for your comments as any and all feedback is gifts to our team. Yes our hotel is conveniently located close to shopping, restaurants, and LRT station, as you mention in your review.
We are also 15 minutes drive from Northlands, and Rexal Place you can also take the advantage of the LRT (Edmonton Light Transit System), to easy access to Downtown Edmonton or the Common Wealth Stadium.

We look forward to welcome you back to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edmonton North.
Allen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I really like Holiday Inn properties in Alberta. This one does not dissappoint. It's immaculately clean. The whole hotel smells great. Thee beds are new and comfortable. The breakfast has many of my favorite breakfast foods with eggs, bacon, Raisin Bran cereal, and a nice selection of breads. Of course, they also have awesome cinnamon rolls!
I love the rooms with microwaves and mini fridges, and a coffee maker. I would like it if they would get their first floor ice maker fixed. It's a little inconvenient to go all the way up to the 5th floor for guests who enjoy ice.
The staff is nice and helpful.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Marino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The good:
The room was furnished very well, was spacious with plenty of furniture and still had walking-around room for two. Pillows labeled as soft or firm. Bathroom counter and mirror were large. Quiet refrigerator and a microwave. Our room on the front was quiet. The LRT is a 15-minute walk. Many stores and restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast was full of choices: eggs and bacon/sausage, a pancake-making machine which I had not seen before. Much easier and faster than waffle machines. The breakfast hostess was hard working. All-Asian front desk and management.

The bad:
Only one slow elevator for a six-storey hotel. We had to "share" with too many maids and their big carts. The bed making was sloppy. I had to re-make the bed each night. Slow internet connection that went dormant often. Check-in took too long because of many procedures. And I had prepaid.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the front. The Light Rail Train and regular trains pass on the back
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed there with our Lacrosse team and won't ever stay there again and they will be losing our teams. Started with having problems reserving in the block if rms, and continued from there. My mom was paying for my room with her credit card and phoned during business hours to pay and leave her card and she also asked many times if they needed anything else then just the number and they said no. Appone check in I had to give my credit card and was told my mom hAd to fax things to them after she had asked when we booked the rm and to top it off she was not near a fax machine and it was 8 pm on a Friday night. The hot tub was disgusting all weekend and they were not accommodating when we asked if we could use thier breakfast rm to feed our team lunch since we were getting sandwiches brought in for them. I will not stay at this hotel again. And we do come every year for tournments and league games often.

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Edmonton North, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Jenntaylor1,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I am disappointed you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, and apologize for misunderstanding regarding the credit card authorization process. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to improve the quality and services we offer. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback. I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Regards,

Joel B
Provost, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Poor sleep, had room on back (west side) of hotel side, LRT tracks 60 feet from window, not overly noisey, but enough to wake up several times through the nght!! Nice, clean, rooms. Would stay again, just be sure to request room on front side of hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Edmonton North, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear oilers94,

Thank you for staying with us. I am deeply sorry to hear you did not sleep well. If you have a request for a different room on your next stay,
Please let us know. Thanks again.

Katie J
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Edmonton North? Share your experiences!