“Wild Wing South Edmonton - Average, boneless wings like nuggets” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #973 of 1,885 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Fast Food
Calgary, Canada
“Wild Wing South Edmonton - Average, boneless wings like nuggets”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to Wild Wing on the south side of Edmonton for dinner with my wife and daughter. Ordered the Double - 2 orders of wings with 2 flavors. Had Honey Buns and Butt Naked. Both choices were fine but wished we would NOT have picked the boneless wings. They were basically like having a chicken nugget rather than a wing with the bones removed (like we have had in numerous other places). Wasn't impressed as a result. If you want average food, it's ok but I would try some place else instead.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Brockville, Canada
“1st timer enjoyed it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

My son recommended when visiting Edmonton so when for dinner. Surprised reviews not great as I thought it was quite good. Service was good-slow getting food but we ordered a lot. Love the choices of wing sauces - endless and tried about 6 types .. Gar Par Onion Rings, 6 lbs boneless wings specials and coconut shrimp (huge shrimp) were awesome. I would certainly return although I still like bone in wings better but value was awesome.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great wings, neglectful Service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband And I visited the Namao location a couple of weekends ago. We shared a variety plate of wings(4 kinds) And some dilled up fries. Food was good. Service was horrible!! Felt compleatly ignored at times. Had to ask for cutlery, And help ourselves to a wing bucket cause that was Not provided either, nor were wet naps i remember getting on our visits before.We were greeted with a less then friendly “what can i get you to Drink?“ no Hi, how are you or anything. This location appears to be New owners And i believe that IT was one of tHe daughters who served us. We also had to wait a long time for our Bill. Probably due to the fact that tHe owner And daughters we fussing over a family that had come in that they seemed to know well. Dont think that went un noticed guys! I belive when you own a family business you should treat everyone like family. Anyways, still left a reasonable tip, but with all of the choices out there, Wild Wing Namao will Not be our First choice for a very long time And its too Bad, we really enjoy the wings!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edmonton, Canada
“Very tasty, but pricey for what you get.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We ordered the Maverick platter (five flavours - Naked Buffalo, Dry Cajun, Brown Eyed Girl, Bonnie + Clyde and Frank's Medium) for take-out. The total, with 10% tip was $57.74. All of the wings are very tasty, but I can't wrap my head around the price. I didn't count the amount of wings in each container, but it wasn't worth $10 per box, since they weren't full by any stretch. I'm torn about recommending or not, really. The food is tasty, but the amount is lacking.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Seriously Bad Service, Great Wings!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just went to eat at this place last night with my wife and another couple. I certainly agree that the service was unbearably bad, but I have to say that the wings I found were excellent. The number of flavors they have is incredible. We had a wing platter , which is your choice of 4 different types of wings, and an order of poutine. The food came out fairly quickly but the servers couldn't remember who had what. The concept of this restaurant is fantastic and the quality of food is great. But I would also agree that with the management in this place it most likely won't be around for very long.

• Visited March 2013