“Fun times and crazy portions” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #438 of 1,979 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: American
Edmonton, Canada
“Fun times and crazy portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had an impromptu business lunch here. The decor is set up as an old fashioned burger joint and the menu and venue is simple, My client warned me that the Large Burgers were huge and the portions for fries were generous, I ended up ordering the small burger and small fries, This is a bit of a misnomer, The portions are generous and would fill most people.

They burgers are all natural and you can watch the staff cook in the open area kitchen. You pick what they put on your burger and they call your number,

I was impressed with the portions, and the service, My client ran out of fries and one of the staff ask him if he wanted more, and went and got him a refill for free, He also suggested that if i was still thirsty I could go refill my pop.

Great place for kids and hungry folks with a craving for a big, fat, juicy burger, The cost is not cheap, but based on the quality of food and the service, it is worth the price. I would guess this chain will be growing in popularity in the near future.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Edmonton, Canada
“Amazing Burgers as Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been to 5 Guys all opver North America. I love the fact that they are consistant. I have to say this 5 Guys, the food comes up far quicker than the other ones I Havebeen to. Great amount of fries with the order....as always. Peanuts as you are waiting are always appreciated

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rooftops
“Un-Fantastic Burgers!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Unfortunately, my wife and I were rather disappointed with the burgers here. The greetings were good and the cashier was not too bad. The menu has a column that reads 'Little Burgers'...it doesn't mean for kids....it simply means single patty burgers. You have tons of toppings to choose from and the normal fare of fries and beverages. When we got our fries and burgers we were appalled to find our fries were burnt...short...like the remnants from the bag of fries. We couldn't eat them. The burgers were soggy and the bottom half of the bun was crumbling and disintegrating in front of our eyes. Everything was falling and sliding off 'what-is-left-of-the-burger' that we eventually had to use our fingers and scoop from the wrapper on the table.
The patty was not too bad...juicy but the rest was a nuclear fallout!
It might just be one of those days but at this point we will not return to Five Guys for quite awhile. So, at this point, I don't recommend this outlet.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
EDMONTON
“Excessive fries not a good deal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Their burgers are good, but be aware of the sneaky way they way they upsize you if your not paying attention. The default size is a double burger, if you want a single patty, you need to order a little burger. The fries are another story. Order a small fry and they give you that, then throw an extra serving on top loose in the bag. Personally, I would be happy if they cut back the excessive fries and reduced their price a little bit too. Such a waste of food, as I very seldom see other people who are eating all the fries and usually end up throwing them out.

I do like the ability too custom order the burgers though. They have a great selection of toppings to add to your burger to make everyone happy.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“The Best Burger in Edmonton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Since the first doors opened in Sherwood Park last year I have been a devotee of this franchise. There are now 2 more in Edmonton and growing. You ALWAYS get the same size, quality, taste and service. The burgers are constantly juicey, very tasty and good to the last bite. The fries, well, that's a story onto themselves. If you are a first timer and there's only 2 of you try the 'regular' size to start off. Every order gets topped off with an additional pan of fries just to make sure you have enough! And then there's the condiments whither you choose 'with everything or all the way' you choice is extensive and mouthwatering. You never go away hungry. Try one soon and you will understand why they were named best burger in the USA

• Visited October 2012