“A great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton

You added Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17610 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1A2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #9 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Beamsville, Canada
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit to Edmonton at the Hilton. We were sorry that we did not have more time for the pool which looked amazing. The lobby had an immediate nice feel which made me want to stay there.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words, we love our friendly lobby and are excited to be renovating to a new look in the coming months. Thank you for staying with us and for providing this review for others.

Michael Sieger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here overnight after a wedding. We were a last minute booking in a King room and the staff were wonderful. From check in, to housekeeping and the restaurant staff, everyone was very pleasant and made our stay extremely enjoyable. The room was nice and clean, the bed comfortable and the hotel quiet. Definitely a nice place to stay on the Westend.

Room Tip: Top floor was extremely quiet. Do the bed and breakfast deal to save yourself $10.00 per meal.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear travellinmama17,

Good to hear that you had a great stay, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We pride ourselves on our level of cleanliness and sincere customer service. Hope you will stay with us again soon.

Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed two nights in Edmonton on a weekend at The Hilton Garden Inn. From the get go staff were amazing. They allowed us to check in at 1 pm even though they had a full house the night prior. The rooms are clean and spacious. I even accidently dyed one of the facecloths pink in the bath tub from using a Lush Bath bomb I purchased from the mall and they didn't charge me or make a big deal of it. The location was excellent close to shopping and restaurants. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear 12melissaB,

I would like to thank you for posting a review of us here on TripAdvisor we appreciate your feedback. I am glad that you had a great stay with us and hope you will visit us again soon.

Cheers!

Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family recently enjoyed a 2 night stay at this property and once again were very impressed. The condition and quality of the room was excellent but not necessarily exceeding this level of hotel in Edmonton. What sets this hotel apart from others in Edmonton is the staff, all that we had contact with were so friendly and helpful. The front desk was professional and helpful with any request we had. The breakfast was also very good with very friendly wait staff and noticeably efficient working together very well. The chef even took time to come around to see how we were enjoying our meal. Great stay and will be back.

Room Tip: Stay for breakfast and ask for a lower level room as the elevators are very slow
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Aeroplanman,

I want to thank you for your kind words, I will share your review with my associates. We strive to provide sincere customer service and really appreciate your comments.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family spent 3 nights at this hotel in April 2013. Our primary purpose for visiting Edmonton was to visit the West Edmonton Mall for 2 full days and this hotel was about a 5 minute drive from the mall. It was also very conveniently located to restaurants and other shopping as well. Stony Plain Rd is also a 5 minute drive to the Edmonton Ring Road (Anthony Henday) which allows a quick entry and exit into Edmonton. Our room faced the busy road but we did not notice any road noise.

We went to the pool and hot tub located on the main floor once during our stay. I liked the fact that you couldn't peer into the pool from the lobby area. The main pool was a good temperature as well as we were travelling with 2 preschoolers.

Our rate included breakfast and we enjoyed the breakfast buffet all 3 mornings (the buffet is priced at 15.95 per person if it is not included in the reservation rate). Great selection of both hot and cold selections.

The hotel and rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly and efficient. Our one complaint was the hard beds. Even though there was an adjustable king bed in our room, we found the bed too hard for our liking. The room had a small fridge and microwave.

Otherwise a great stay.

Dear Calgary-Visitor,

I want to thank you for choosing us as your home away from home on your recent trip to Edmonton. Thank you for your kind comments, I will share these with my team.

Hope we have the pleasure to host you again.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at the hotel, it was busy and had a nice warm feel with lots of smiling staff, room was clean and quiet, Hotel is well located in the west end.

Had dinner and I have to say it was the best I have ever had at a Hiton Garden Inn I was really pleased with service and quality of food, keep up the good work gang and give the chef a raise:)

The only reason this hotel did not score higher was the following issues although minor individually they did add up to bother me during my stay.

Checked in at 3:45pm and given my room key it was nice and smooth check in, but when I got to my room they were still cleaning it so I had to lug everything back down stairs and wait but they were very apologitic.

The other items should have been noticed by housekeeping, alarm radio was broken, safe was broken, toilet deat was very loose, I did report all items apon departure but felt like I was wasting recption ladys time as she was going through a stack of room folios and there was no apology she just wrote the issues down on a scrap of paper and I was just trying to save the next guest the same issues, but that contributed to the loss of 2 stars IMHO.

I noticed in the morning no free breakfast voucher was included in my room key package and as a Gold not sure why so I went elsewhere for breakfast, no big deal it happens.

Overall a very busy and friendly hotel with good food and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to try the resturant for dinner it was very good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Moduline,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of us. We strive to make each and every guests stay with us a positive experience. Despite our best efforts on occasion we fail to meet even our own standards. I want to thank you for your candor. I will share all of your comments with my team. I trust that upon your return you will again experience smiling faces and genuine hospitality.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks on business and cant say enough about the staff. Nice room, always clean and good access to outside amenities. There was a small bar fridge in my room to keep stuff, i shopped locally at SuperStore across the road. Easy walking access to restaurants like The Keg, Earls, Moxies etc. Only about 2 kilometers to the West Edmonton Mall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mikeyc181,

Thank you for your kind words, glad to see that we met your expectations. We are conveniently located within walking distance to several stores and restaurants that can make longer stays that much more pleasant.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Michael Sieger

Been to Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton? Share your experiences!