“Overpriced night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17610 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1A2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #8 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Saskatchewan
“Overpriced night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have stayed in a number of hotels in Edmonton and area and this was by far the most expensive with nothing additional in terms of quality, service etc to warrant the above average rate. On a good note the staff are great in both the hotel and the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear canadiantraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share your quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words on our staff and we will be sure to share your comments with our team. We value your input on our value and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality accommodations you expect and deserve.

Yours in Hospitality!

Michael Sieger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in early March, 2013 & found the place to suit our needs. It's in a great location & our room was on the 6th floor away from the busy road so noise wasn't a problem. I was going to mention my wife thought the bed was hard(it was fine for me) but reading other reviews it seems the bed was adjustable. They should tell their customers about this kind of thing since reading the responses from management is the first I heard about it. I don't think I missed the brochure on the bedside table & it wasn't mentioned at check-in.
One thing I will say I didn't like was the pillows. They were way to soft for me but that's just a personal preference thing since my wife thought they were great for her. Maybe I could have tried to get firmer pillows for myself on the second night but never thought of it until 11 PM that night. Oh well, wasn't a deal breaker for me.
Bathroom was a little cramped but still did the job & enjoyed the shower & cleanliness of the room & the bathroom in particular. Free in-room internet(I'm Hilton Gold) was also a plus since I had some work to do from the room. Also had a good breakfast in the on-site restaurant & was impressed with the service especially considering there was obviously a soccer tournament somewhere close & the place was super busy.
My only advice to management would be to make a better effort to inform the guest of the adjustable beds since this would probably alleviate some complaints & try to have at least one firmer pillow, out of the 4 provided, in each room if possible. I may to have to stay here in the future just so I can check out the adjustable beds.
Would stay again.

Room Tip: High even numbered rooms keep you away from traffic noise on a very busy road in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of us, It is unfortunate that we did not share the story of our GSS or Garden Sleep System bed with you. I will naturally pass your comments on to our Front Office Team. Once again thank you for reviewing and staying with us.

Your in Hospitality,

Whitecourt, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

our stay on feb 15 was my worst sleep ever room was so hot we couldnt sleep they dont have air conditioning on in the winter it would not cool down it started at 25 degrees aft calling frt desk at 2 in the mornining they brought me a small fan other problem window would only open 2 inches so by morning it was 23 degrees still to hot manager advised me that thet dont have air conditioning avaiable in the winter i can not believe this i have stayed in alot worse hotels and they have air avaiable in the winter to cool off rooms we stayed that night for free only good thing about my stay there

Room Tip: ask if there air conditioning works in the winter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear of your challenges with us on your recent stay. I am aware of the challenge with your room and maintenance has since repaired this unit. Unfortunately that did not assist you on your trip. I am glad to see that our satisfaction promise was delivered.

Victoria, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying two nights at this hotel when I took my 2 kids to the West Edmonton Mall to enjoy the Waterpark and the many other attractions. From a location perspective, this hotel is great - it's super close to the mall and easy to get back and forth.
The hotel has plenty of free parking in and around the hotel and check-in was a breeze. All staff we encountered were super friendly and seemed genuinely happy to see us and help us any way they could. Our room had 2 queen beds as requested and both the room and bathroom were very clean. Housekeeping service was great and they did a nice job in making up the kids' bed and placing their stuffed animals on the pillows. I did not use the restaurant but did use the pool and business centre. The business centre is great (and free to use, as is the wi-fi). The pool was also great, but I have to say the lighting, when sitting in the hot-tub is incredibly bright/white. It had a very clinical feeling to it and I think they could use with a bit more softer lighting - just my opinion. Nothing to take away from the overall satisfaction score, though.

Would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They have adjustable beds (mattresses). Be sure to inquire about them if you're not familiar.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Victoria Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and share your comments with others. Your comments regarding the pool lighting made me take a stroll down there again and I agree with you. Again thank you for taking the time to post your comments and for staying with us.

Cranbrook, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I am here for 4 days of business. Quiet, clean and so comfortable. The staff at check in, restaurants and room service (it is Valentine's day) are so welcoming, polite and efficient. No disappointment and a welcome break.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your kinds words and recommendation. We strive to make each and every guest feel at home when they stay with us.

Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn when we travel to Edmonton. The rooms are modern, very clean, and spacious. Staff is always very helpful and friendly, and checking in or out is always fast (and there are usually cookies at the front desk!). We used the pool area this time, and the whirpool was great.
The brunch at the Hilton is awesome.
The location of the hotel is perfect for us, it is very close to West Edmonton Mall for me, and close to Cabella's for my Husband.

Room Tip: Ask for the adjustable beds (this might only be an option for king size, I'm not sure), they are...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Want to thank you for staying with us and providing such a nice review, we appreciate your support. Our Garden Sleep System or adjustable bed is available in Queen/Queen and King rooms on floors 4. 5 & 6. They offer you the ability to set your own comfort level, provided that you know what that is, I must admit I am still finding my setting.....Thanks again for staying with us.

Manning, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Good location if you're wanting to go to west edmonton mall. We didn't have very good sleeps since the beds were so hard. It is just an average hotel and it could be much better if they put a quality mattress in their rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your response and wish to apologize that my team did perhaps not explain our Garden System Bed to you. Our mattress is fully adjustable to your requirements, it can be set to various preference settings. I trust that had we informed you better you would have had a very comfortable sleep.

Michael Sieger

Been to Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton? Share your experiences!