We stayed here for 2 nights in early March, 2013 & found the place to suit our needs. It's in a great location & our room was on the 6th floor away from the busy road so noise wasn't a problem. I was going to mention my wife thought the bed was hard(it was fine for me) but reading other reviews it seems the bed was adjustable. They should tell their customers about this kind of thing since reading the responses from management is the first I heard about it. I don't think I missed the brochure on the bedside table & it wasn't mentioned at check-in.
One thing I will say I didn't like was the pillows. They were way to soft for me but that's just a personal preference thing since my wife thought they were great for her. Maybe I could have tried to get firmer pillows for myself on the second night but never thought of it until 11 PM that night. Oh well, wasn't a deal breaker for me.
Bathroom was a little cramped but still did the job & enjoyed the shower & cleanliness of the room & the bathroom in particular. Free in-room internet(I'm Hilton Gold) was also a plus since I had some work to do from the room. Also had a good breakfast in the on-site restaurant & was impressed with the service especially considering there was obviously a soccer tournament somewhere close & the place was super busy.
My only advice to management would be to make a better effort to inform the guest of the adjustable beds since this would probably alleviate some complaints & try to have at least one firmer pillow, out of the 4 provided, in each room if possible. I may to have to stay here in the future just so I can check out the adjustable beds.
Would stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton Hotel Edmonton
- Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton
- Edmonton Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Edmonton
- Edmonton Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton Alberta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton is 20 minutes away from Downtown Edmonton and only 5 minutes away from the West Edmonton Mall. It is located on 178th Street and Stony Plain Road. This vibrant hotel offers 160 beautifully appointed guest rooms, popular recreational facilities such as heated swimming pool and hot tub, reasonably priced casual dining service in the Garden Grille & Bar and newly openend Backyard Lounge & Patio, free Wi-Fi and local phone calls, only to list a few. The Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton is sure to cater to your needs whether it for business or a nice getaway, "We Speak Success!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.