“our room was 25 degrees all night no air conditioning in the winter” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17610 Stony Plain Rd, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1A2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #8 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
Whitecourt, Canada
“our room was 25 degrees all night no air conditioning in the winter”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

our stay on feb 15 was my worst sleep ever room was so hot we couldnt sleep they dont have air conditioning on in the winter it would not cool down it started at 25 degrees aft calling frt desk at 2 in the mornining they brought me a small fan other problem window would only open 2 inches so by morning it was 23 degrees still to hot manager advised me that thet dont have air conditioning avaiable in the winter i can not believe this i have stayed in alot worse hotels and they have air avaiable in the winter to cool off rooms we stayed that night for free only good thing about my stay there

Room Tip: ask if there air conditioning works in the winter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear of your challenges with us on your recent stay. I am aware of the challenge with your room and maintenance has since repaired this unit. Unfortunately that did not assist you on your trip. I am glad to see that our satisfaction promise was delivered.

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying two nights at this hotel when I took my 2 kids to the West Edmonton Mall to enjoy the Waterpark and the many other attractions. From a location perspective, this hotel is great - it's super close to the mall and easy to get back and forth.
The hotel has plenty of free parking in and around the hotel and check-in was a breeze. All staff we encountered were super friendly and seemed genuinely happy to see us and help us any way they could. Our room had 2 queen beds as requested and both the room and bathroom were very clean. Housekeeping service was great and they did a nice job in making up the kids' bed and placing their stuffed animals on the pillows. I did not use the restaurant but did use the pool and business centre. The business centre is great (and free to use, as is the wi-fi). The pool was also great, but I have to say the lighting, when sitting in the hot-tub is incredibly bright/white. It had a very clinical feeling to it and I think they could use with a bit more softer lighting - just my opinion. Nothing to take away from the overall satisfaction score, though.

Would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They have adjustable beds (mattresses). Be sure to inquire about them if you're not familiar.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Victoria Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and share your comments with others. Your comments regarding the pool lighting made me take a stroll down there again and I agree with you. Again thank you for taking the time to post your comments and for staying with us.

Cranbrook, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I am here for 4 days of business. Quiet, clean and so comfortable. The staff at check in, restaurants and room service (it is Valentine's day) are so welcoming, polite and efficient. No disappointment and a welcome break.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for your kinds words and recommendation. We strive to make each and every guest feel at home when they stay with us.

Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn when we travel to Edmonton. The rooms are modern, very clean, and spacious. Staff is always very helpful and friendly, and checking in or out is always fast (and there are usually cookies at the front desk!). We used the pool area this time, and the whirpool was great.
The brunch at the Hilton is awesome.
The location of the hotel is perfect for us, it is very close to West Edmonton Mall for me, and close to Cabella's for my Husband.

Room Tip: Ask for the adjustable beds (this might only be an option for king size, I'm not sure), they are...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Want to thank you for staying with us and providing such a nice review, we appreciate your support. Our Garden Sleep System or adjustable bed is available in Queen/Queen and King rooms on floors 4. 5 & 6. They offer you the ability to set your own comfort level, provided that you know what that is, I must admit I am still finding my setting.....Thanks again for staying with us.

Manning, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Good location if you're wanting to go to west edmonton mall. We didn't have very good sleeps since the beds were so hard. It is just an average hotel and it could be much better if they put a quality mattress in their rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your response and wish to apologize that my team did perhaps not explain our Garden System Bed to you. Our mattress is fully adjustable to your requirements, it can be set to various preference settings. I trust that had we informed you better you would have had a very comfortable sleep.

Lundbreck, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

All of the staff are friendly and do a great job. Breakfast is very good and service is awesome. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Housekeeping is very helpful and quiet in the hallways. I have stayed here three times and will stay again for sure. Easy to get to and great location.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of us, we appreciate that you have chosen to stay with us when visiting Edmonton. I will share your comments with my team.

Madrid
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Staff was friendly and room quite big, although maybe they need already some renovation . Breakfast under par, but OK. A little expensive in my opinion. I would stay again if in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HGIGuestRelations, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing a review on us, our property is excited to be currently involved in the planning stages of a renovation and looking forward to launching our new look later this year. Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Michael Sieger

Been to Hilton Garden Inn West Edmonton? Share your experiences!