“Yearly traveller” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
Fort St. John, Canada
“Yearly traveller”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is an older motel but is quite clean, comfortable & quiet,manager is very friendly & accommodating,we have stayed there every Nov for 5 years now, within walking distance to the Rexall which is one of the reasons we stay there.

Room Tip: King size beds are wonderful
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Chose this place due to it's close proximity to Rexall Place which we were in town to see an event there. The price was reasonable and walking to Rexall was within minutes. The front desk was pleasant, but the first thing I notice was the strong 'cleanser' smell when walking thru the doors. After coming back from the event at Rexall, we stayed up for a while watching TV. While in bed I noticed something small was moving across the covers. At first I thought it was a spider, but on closer inspection it turned out to be a bed bug. We promptly left the place as soon as we could.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
nosnalem, General Manager at Eastglen Inn, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
First, I would like to thank you for your review of your most recent stay with us. Although I am never pleased to hear of one of our guest having an unsatisfactory experience, I am thankful you took the time to bring your concerns to my attention.

Unfortunately travellers bring these issue with them, we are just as vulnerable as any one of us in the city and globally . I urge you to be understanding in these types of situation and I assure you that any hotel takes these matters very seriously and I am sure were on top of rectifing the situation if any; immediately.

So, that being said, I am sorry you had to encounter that.

Thank you again for taking the time to bring your concerns froward. I would like the opportunity to talk to you in the near future.

Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This is an old motel that is quite well maintained. The room was a little cramped but clean and the beds were very comfortable. There is a free continental breakfast but no place to sit to eat it. Just 3 blocks from Rexall, an easy walk for concerts etc.

• Stayed September 2012
Red Deer, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I booked a room more than 1 month in advance for Roger Waters concert May 28 2012,was sent an E mail with confirmation number under the heading of "do not reply to this E mail." Got to hotel,they had no clue where my reservation was, asked to speak to manager, was given runaround, manager didn't show up to even talk to us. Things happen, we moved on. Got my visa statement July 13th and noticed the Eastglen Inn charged me $121 for a night's stay on July 3rd, and I was in Montreal at the time!Absolutely shocking, and I have 100% proof I was in Montreal from June 28-July 4 2012. I called and talked to staff at 4pm Fri July 13th, couldn't help me so I asked to speak to the manager, but was told he would not be in until Mon July 16th?No manager on a weekend? Talked to manager Mon July 16th, was told he will get back to me, but didn't. I may have got screwed out of $121, but that is not the point. My visa is worth a hell of a lot more than $121, so I can get potentially ripped off by a much larger sum of money if this is how things are done there. Better Business Bureau contacted. Thanks for nothing.

Room Tip: Find a room in another hotel, end of story.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ArmandEdmonton, General Manager at Eastglen Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Mr. Skubovius did reserved a motel room online with us for May 28th, as stated on our website all cancellations must be cancelled online prior to 6:00pm on date of arrival. This reservation was never cancelled online and for that reason as far as I was concern he was a no show which occasionally happens. The online reservations are all guaranteed with a credit card. Mr Skubovius did contact our office late Friday afternoon but unfortunatly I had already left for the day. He did contact me on Monday July 16th, with his concerns, I advised him that I would look into his complaint and I would get back to him in a few days with my findings. There was no indication that he did show up at the motel or any records that he called our office to cancel his reservation. After reviewing his complaint I did refund him the full amount on his credit card on Wednesday July 21st, less then 48 hours after I was made aware of his concern. I can assure you, Mr. Skubovius and all of our customers that we are not a Credit Card Scam company, we have been in the tourism industry in Edmonton for over 33 years. If this confussion was an error on our part, I sincerly do apologize.
Whitecourt, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

tried cancelling the day before arrival, they would not let me cancel and still charge full price do not book here! they were not willing to negotiate just a scam, they say you can cancel the day before do not believe anything they say

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I've stayed at the Eastglen Inn many times. The rooms are very quiet due to the concrete block wall construction and concrete floors so you never hear your neighbours. The single rooms have a couch with a separate bedroom in the back away from what little noise comes from the parking area. The staff has always been friendly and courteous even the very few times over the years I've had a minor complaint. I like the idea of the parking lot being in view of the front desk staff. The rooms are very clean and have never, ever had a smell. Continental breakfast and coffee in the morning is decent. Free newspaper and WiFi although the Internet does get a bit slow in the evenings. The new beds are very comfortable but a little high off the floor.

The only time I've seen the police there in the past number of years was a few years ago when the staff called due to a drunk who wanted to check in. He was refused and stayed in his car until the cops showed up. When they pulled up behind him he backed into the cop car. Really dumb idea to back into a cop car. Lots of paperwork they have to do which irritates them. And they have to call a sergeant to verify the accident details which really irritates them. <smile>

Room Tip: If you want a single room with the separate bedroom ask for one on the north side away from 118th Av...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Victoria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Horrible weekend staff. Very Rude,talking to family members on phone while I wait. When I tried to get her attention she simply turned her back on me. The windows have no security locks at all There seems to be permanent low income residence smoking pot out side there doors. Police attended a couple of times.
I was up every hour checking my car through the window.
The Room: HIDEOUS & STINKS ! Left the premises after dispute with front desk clerk. Plenty of brand name hotels 5-10 minutes away from the Expo & Rexall such as B W, Comfort Inn Super 8.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ArmandEdmonton, General Manager at Eastglen Inn, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank you for your important feedback, I apologize for the inconveniences and disappointments during your stay. I am very disappointed that you had this experience at our front desk, I can assure you that the front desk agent has been given a copy of this event and understands how the actions taken do not represent our Inn professionalism.
We take as many security measures as possible to ensure the the safety and well being of guests during there stay and I can assure you that we do not endorse illegal activity at our Inn. I am extremely proud of our security measures and security history at our Inn during my 20 plus years as General Manager at our Inn.

Been to Eastglen Inn? Share your experiences!