“Another Standard” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bistro Praha

Bistro Praha
10117 101 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0T4, Canada (Downtown)
780.424.4218
Neighborhood: Downtown
Edmonton
“Another Standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Another restaurant I've been going to for years, hardy food, reasonable prices, good service. Good for special occasions.

Visited November 2012

Edmonton
“Nice, casual European styled restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Was there to celebrate spouse birthday and was happy to try Bistro Praha again since a fire in 2009 burned down their old location. The atmosphere of casual, European furniture and lighting still carried over from its original location which gives this restaurant its charm and uniqueness. Was seated right away in this small restaurant and our waiter brought us our water right away. Browsing through the carefully selected small menu, it was easy decisions. I ordered the Wild Cherry Bistro Cooler while the spouse ordered a Shirley Temple. They did mentioned they have no grenadine but will try their best to substitute. The drinks were served in a decent size glass for $3.75 and very sweet. Ordered half portions of Wiener Schnitzel and roasted goose.
My first time having Schnitzel in my life and it tastes very light, not greasy and very delicate flavour. Not at all salty or heavy as I would expect. The goose was slow rosted and it was so tender. So easy to rip the flesh with knife and fork and eat almost every delicious morsel. No game flavour which is very good. Flavour was also very well balanced. Our meals comes with choice of salads. I got the tomato/onion salad which is absolutely refreshing with the sweet taste of lemon juice it is in. The green salad was romaine lettuce that is plain with some grated cheese on top. Simple but nothing special. We ordered half portions so we can have room for the delicious crepes I was after at Bistro Praha. We shared one peach crepe and the waiter took the effort to ask the cheft to split it into 2 plates and dress it up like usual. That really adds the great service touch to end the night. It was crispy on the edges, so warm with the peaches inside, and drizzled with chocolate syrup with a side of fresh whipped cream. What a sweet way to end the night and I have no regrets. The half portion size was already satisfactory so I cannot imagine the regular portion.
Reasonable prices and very casual, relaxed atmosphere with friendly staff. Not at all an uptight place. Wiil be back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Ah-mazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Fantastic prices, amazing food, definitely going back. The only thing lacking was the dessert menu and maybe a few more options on the beer and wine list.

Visited September 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“a couple things”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

tomato /onion salad was served away too cold .Why do restaurants do this?
my 2 dinner guests and I were 3 or 4 bites into our salads and our entrees arrive with the waitress cramming our plates onto the table. Granted it looks like professionals lunch there and may have time constraints but our party of 3 did not look business like.
Overall the food was as good as the old spot.but our rushed waitress came close to ruining our lunch,

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edson, Canada
“Great experience, great meal, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The other couple that we went with selected this place to eat, they said it is very continental, which it is. The waiter is not over your shoulder every five seconds asking how's this and how's that, but is there promptly when you want him to be. We were not rushed to leave and the atmosphere is not stuffy, nor is it tacky. The four of us had a great visit with a great meal. The authentic Schnitzels were by far the best I have tried, I started with a fried cheese and the homemade tarter sauce withe the pan fried potatoes were excellent. My wife and I could not believe the bill at the end of the meal, way better value than any chain restaurant. We will definitely go back again and we will take our kids next time to get some authentic food.

• Visited November 2012