“This is REAL Mexican food.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: (780) 429-0911
Ontario
“This is REAL Mexican food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Wonderfully decorated.
Excellent atmosphere.
Super friendly staff.
Mexican rock and alternative music playing in the background.
Generous portions.
Spot-on flavours.
Had 3 meals there over 2 days visiting Edmonton... Yup. THAT good

Do yourselves a favour and stop by if you really like AUTHENTIC Mexican food.

The Torta de Chorizo was amazing... although it was missing some refried beans.

No Torta de Milanesa?! :-(

But I forgive them!

Ontario
“Truly MEXICAN food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

The decoration is amazing. Background music is Mexican rock. The staff is super friendly. Service is fast! Flavours are spot-on! Price is right.

Do yourselves a favour and visit Tres Carnales. If you like REAL Mexican food you will not be disappointed!

I was in town due to a convention and went back THREE times in 2 days

Yes. THAT good.

Millet, AB
“Fun experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

We finally got to try Tres Carnales Taqueria, we arrived at the end of the busy lunch hour, the place was packed. Friendly staff ( I am terrible remembering names) greeted us and watched for a table for us. The restaurant is warm and inviting, it reminds me of Puerto Vallarta ( my favorite place for a holiday during the long cold winters in Alberta). We ordered the Pollo Asado-delicious!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to experience the other menu items. We now have an excuse to go downtown. Ifvyou love Mexican street food this is the place to enjoy it...........we will be back!

Banff National Park, Canada
“Love the food Central Location downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

simple surroundings and food but for some reason you want to come back for more. expect line ups now as this has become a very trendy place. There is limited seating but you can get to go. Love it all and the sangria is the best

Visited September 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Great choice for a quick lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I used to work downtown so I had been here a few times after work picking up take out but I had never taken the time to actually eat in so I went with my husband and my 2 year old on mid-week afternoon. The restaurant was surprisingly busy for the time of day but we were able to find a table immediately after ordering. I ordered the pulled pork and fish tacos and a side of chips & guacamole. You do get a lot of guacamole for the price ($7) but it only came with about 10 chips so it felt like it was a waste of the guacamole and the money. The tacos were incredible, some of the best I've ever had. Service was okay, you get the feeling that they're "too cool" to talk to their customers but I didn't have any specific issues - the girl who brought our food was nice enough. It's a cool location and nice setup, music was a little loud for my liking but my son loved it. Bathrooms were gross though - old and dirty.

• Visited August 2012