“Shuttle Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel

You added Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10155 105th St, Edmonton, Alberta AB T5J 1E2, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #35 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Shuttle Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The shuttle service is fantastic! The service does an excellent job every morning getting me to my meeting place. I hope this service continues as it eliminates the hassle of hiring a taxi. Don, the shuttle operator is friendly and courteous and always willing to be helpful.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KJMCC, Manager at Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Terry B:

Thank you for staying with us at the Coast Edmonton Plaza and for sharing your comments.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our free downtown shuttle service. Don, our concierge and shuttle driver, is a great ambassador for our hotel and I'm happy that he looked after you so well. I will make sure he gets a copy of your review.

Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your comments.

Kelly McCauley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had a chance to spend two nights at the Coast Edmonton Plaza last week while travelling on business. Here are the key highlights of the stay: 1. I had salmon one night at the Cafe and enjoyed it so much that I had it again the next evening. 2. The apple pie and ice-cream was perfect and I also had that twice - too good to resist. 3. Parking was very simple. There weren't any complicated get in/get out tricks or problems and I appreciated that. My room view to the West was also enjoyable.

I had excellent staff support for all of my interactions, appreciated the hospitality, and have no complaints at all.

Room Tip: West side rooms have a great evening view.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this location a few times and it gets better every time. The staff at the front desk are very accommodating, friendly, and professional. The rooms are well designed and the beds and furniture comfortable. The location is prime, you have everything you need in the hotel itself and if not it is no more than a block or two away. The full buffet breakfast has a wide variety of food and the servers are always waiting to get you anything you need. There is no need to try any other hotel downtown as the Coast has everything you need and you can tell right away it is well managed.

• Stayed April 2013
KJMCC, General Manager at Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Cwar:

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review.

I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found our Front Office team was friendly. They are a great team and we are fortunate to have them working with us.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed our extensive breakfast buffet. We are constantly tweaking it to improve the quality and selection, including bringing in Starbucks coffee, so appreciate the feedback.

We appreciate your kinds comments and hope to see you back in the near future.

Lloydminster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I’ve stayed at the Coast Edmonton Plaza for the last 13 years and believe me it is truly a ‘home away from home”. Professional staff warmly greet you and provide levity to the mundane effect of being on the road. The food is excellent and there is great variety in the menu and buffet. The shuttle service to the downtown core is so appreciated and their driver, Don provides kind and timely service. Kelly the general manager engages with the guests and respectfully is interested in what is important to you. The Wednesday night invitation to the Club lounge to meet the general manager and staff and enjoy drinks and some very tasty appetizers is an event that you don’t want to miss. There is a great selection of appetizers and the conversation initiated by their staff is personal and engaging. I have travelled extensively around the world and the staff and their service surpass all other staff in any other hotel.

Dear Beachrunner:

Thank you for staying with us (again).

Truly one of the best things about our hotel is the many regular guests like yourself who make our hotel seem more like a home than a hotel.

I appreciate your kind comments about Don, our concierge and shuttle driver. Don's been with Coast for close to 20 years and is a wonderful example of the caring team we have here.

Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future (hopefully when, unlike today, it is not snowing).

Castlegar, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now,and the attitude and professionalism of the manager and staff is unequealed in my opinion.As a weary traveller making my way home from long months of working up north,I felt like I was home.The staff and manager made it a point to make sure all my needs were met.From shuttling me around town for shopping and giving me presice directions to where I wanted to go,to making sure I had exactly everything I needed for my extended stay.
The room was impeccably clean,large and cozy at the same time.It is because of the excellent service of the manager and staff that I stay at other Coast Hotels in Western Canada.Which by the way the manager of this hotel in Edmonton personally makes sure my stays and needs in other Coast locations are handled with the same level of friendliness and courtesy.
I highly recommend staying at any Coast Hotel locations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I am a regular guest at the Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel. For my needs, the location is great and easy access makes it convenient. The staff are very friendly, helpful and accomodating. Rooms are clean and comfortable. All this for a reasonable price. The Coast is my first choice for both business and personal accomodations.

Dear Lawrence:

Thank you for staying with us at the Coast Edmonton Plaza again and for taking the time to complete a review.

I am glad you found our Coast Ambassadors friendly and helpful, and our rooms clean and comfortable. Our housekeeping team has been awarded the Alberta Hotel Assn Housekeeping Award for many years now due to their hard work in keeping our rooms clean, so it is nice to get such feedback to share with them.

Thank you again for your staying with us, and for sharing your kind comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

High Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We always feel comfortable when we stay here because of the attitude of the manager and his staff. The location is excellent; just a short walk for my husband to his Head Office. My husband calls this hotel his "home away from home"! Manager and staff are very accommodating when we need to book a room on short notice. Highly recommend this hotel as the place to stay!!!

Room Tip: We prefer to stay in an "03" room or on the top two floors.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!