“My Top Hotel Choice in Edmonton” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel

You added Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10155 105th St, Edmonton, Alberta AB T5J 1E2, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #36 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“My Top Hotel Choice in Edmonton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have to travel to Edmonton frequently on business, and this is my hotel of choice. The staff are friendly and courteous, the room service is good, some of the decoration is a little dated in the room, but the bed and bedding is exceptionally clean and fresh that I don't mind some paintwork that needs attention!

I have stayed at more expensive hotels and been disappointed with service/value, so this is where I stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Really no complaints - hotel is easy to find, has ample parking (which you will PAY for, but you will at any hotel downtown), check in was quick and easy, rooms were spacious, (we stayed in King) and clean. - Only deal is in need of updating. The main room was ok, but the bathroom was seriously dated. But clean!

Room Tip: Higher floors will have better view, obviously.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tavistock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The rooms came with 2 double beds, but they were absolutely tiny, too small for 2 people in 1 bed! So we had to sleep in separate beds. The hotel is a little jaded, and could do with updating - the bathroom definitely looked old and although it was clean, it looked grubby. The room also smelt of stale smoke. The hotel is in a good location, and walking distance to lots of nice bars and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Recently I visted this hotel for a stay with my 4 month old daughter, my husband was working so I was left to check in alone. I parked in the underground parking and paid $18 for one night, I unloaded my stroller and baggage and my daughter to make our way into the lobby.unfortunately to my surprise there was no elevator from the parking area to hotel so I had to lift my stroller luggage and baby down 3 flights of stairs ,in heels no less. As the evening went on and we attended an event being held at the hotel I had to take my daughter for a diaper change only to find the hotel washrooms have no changing stations!!! After a long night we were ready to head out for awhile ,knowing there was no elevator access I asked the front desk staff for a valet to retrieve my car so I wouldnt have to repeat lugging the stroller and baby up 3 flights of stairs. You can imagine my dissapointment once again when niether of the over relaxed somewhat lazy staff did not offer any help.Instead I had to find someone I knew at the event to watch my baby while I retrieved my car ,20 minutes later I finally got to leave that dreadful hotel, my overall reccomendations for families and those in wheelchairs is to AVOID staying here, although well kept and clean they seriously lack in customer service.

• Stayed August 2012
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Was in town on business, clean room, with all the extras you could need... bathroom scale, q-tips, cotton balls in the bathroom, along with the regular stuff.... the rooms were of good size, not just a postage stamp size room. room service was great, however a bit over priced. (more than the listed price on the menu) What what your doing, and you should enjoy your stay....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was quite pleased with the Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel. After having stayed in a lot of cheaper hotels (though I think I got a convention discount as my room was only 110 per night) I can't tell you how thrilling it was to walk into a large, spanking clean room with gorgeous furnishing. Room service and everything! A panoramic view of the city!

What can I say, I'm easily pleased, but if I have to stay in a hotel in Edmonton again this'll be it.

The elevators were freakishly fast. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was writer-friendly, with free wi-fi, an outlet on the desk. Downtown, you could theoretically walk to many places.

Breakfast was expensive but the meal was HUGE. Well needed, because I was working a convention until late at night and I didn't eat much besides Booster Juice until we closed down. If you don't think you'll be eating until late, I highly recommend their full breakfast. The staff working room service were great, considering they have the position of dealing with tired and grumpy people.

I can't say I've ever stayed at an amazing hotel, but I've stayed at four star hotels and this was without a doubt the nicest room I've stayed at.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

- clean safe environment...staff are courteous and helpful
- short walk to downtown
- very good value
- we were in Edmonton for our son's wedding, .....very helpful / informative front desk....
- close to Edmonton Transit system
- clean work out room
- access to computer / internet
- WiFi very good

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Coast Edmonton Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!