“Way too much food and very pricey.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #109 of 1,979 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: We are located in the heart of edmontons downtown hotel district serving up traditional italian cuisine in a casual fine dining atmosephere.
Montreal, Canada
“Way too much food and very pricey.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The bread is awful, the pizza not cooked underneath, putanesca and carbonara not authentic - tasty but way too much, almost obscene.

Visited May 2013
EdmontonPeterpan, Owner at Pazzo Pazzo Italian Cuisine, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Sorry to here about your uncooked pizza first time have heard of this!!! Did you mention it to your server??? Pastas not authentic??? Everyone except for you think so!!! Very pricey??? You said yourself our portions are very big and tasty so make up your mind do you want cheap small portion crap??? Or a couple dollars more than average but it's tasty and you get lunch for the next day???
Some people should just not go out mc.donalds is close to everybody!!!!

Halifax, Canada
“Poor service, beef problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was highly reviewed so we wanted to check it out on our most recent trip to Edmonton.

The atmosphere was nice, but the waitress kept trying to make a table for two that none of the guests wanted to sit at in the middle of the area right next to us, distracting.

Our particular server, while very polite and accommodating, seemed only able to deal with one table at a time so there were several times during the meal when we were unable to get her attention without undue effort.

My meal was excellent, but my wife's beef tenderloin tasted like a salt lick. Neither of us have ever had a dish we couldn't eat because of salt levels, this was a first! We sent it back and the second iteration was so tough we couldn't eat it either. Luckily my lamb was succulent and the portions were large so we ended up with full bellies despite having to discard one of our entrees.

However, we were still charged 33 dollars for the inedible dish....

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
EdmontonPeterpan, Owner at Pazzo Pazzo Italian Cuisine, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Really sorry to hear about your disappointment I wish we could of did something for you to make it better instead of you writing a bad review on us!!! We always try to make are customers impressed and strive for excellence. Sorry!!!
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Food, Huge Portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I love Pazzo Pazzo, the first time I tried them was at the Taste of Edmonton and I couldn't wait to go to their location and try their food. I went a few months ago and fell in love. It is authentic Italian food. They cook everything fresh and their portions are huge! I had enough for dinner and lunch for 2 days!!! For only $15-20 too.
I would reccomend this place if you love Italian food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hull, Canada
“friendly, attentive staff but only mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I love good Italian food. I was a bit disappointed as the food was only so-so. I tried the veal scallopini. It was not scallopini, rather it was a cutlet. The sauce had way too much salt. I left it to the kitchen staff to choose the pasta side. they chose penne with olive oil and garlic. the olive oil was not the high quality oil I use at home so again disappointed. Overall, I really can't recommend the restaurant.

Visited March 2013
That's really not great to here I'm sorry we don't use high quality olive oil like you. Maybe next time you could mention something or ask for a different pasta instead of going straight to a bad review. Also again no mention about the scallopini either. Following up with the waitress she said you ate everything on your plate!!! Lol couldn't of been that bad considering our portions are gigantic. Sorry to force all that bad food down your throat!!!!
Canmore, Alberta, Canada
“I think we were in Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We decided to hang up the pots and pans and treat ourselves to a dinner out and what a great place we chose! My husband had the mista salad and said he will only order that from now on because it was so great; my caesar salad was very good as well; the lettuce was so crisp and fresh. One of the specials was a 16oz prime rib...absolutely delicious served with a veggie medley and a pasta of your choice. I opted for the angel hair pasta with the house gigi sauce...hmmmmm! The portions were very plentiful so we both had leftovers to take home for another night of no cooking - yay! This restaurant is very busy during the week at lunch hour but just steady for dinner so you are likely to get a table without a reservation.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
EdmontonPeterpan, Owner at Pazzo Pazzo Italian Cuisine, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I'm very sorry to hear about your disappointment I wish you could of mentioned something so we could rectify it. As you stated you left your pasta choice to the kitchen that never happened as I am the chef and was working that evening the aglio olio is the last pasta I would recommend as it for someone that wants a very plain pasta and the olive oil we use is very high quality we do just use a classic not extra virgin oil for this dish as extra virgin will burn when we brown the garlic. Again instead writing a bad review you should of said something so it could of been rectified!!!