“Beyond perfect food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Somerville Wine Room & Bistro

Somerville Wine Room & Bistro
10723 | 124 street, Edmonton, Alberta T5M0H2, Canada (Formerly Somerville Wine Room)
780 454-9463
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Somerville Wine Room & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 1,887 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Bistro
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 124 Street
Description: Our philosophy is simple, to serve beautiful, well crafted food accompanied by exceptional wine, beer and spirits from around the world. We strive to provide an inviting, unhurried atmosphere where you can pop in for a glass of wine or stay and enjoy dinner with friends. Our Bistro menu allows our guests to enjoy a variety of flavour profiles and uses as many locally sourced ingredients as possible. We offer 20 wines by the glass and will build flights upon request. Our craft beer selection is diverse and delicious and offers another realm to an enjoyable night out.
“Beyond perfect food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. The food is beyond perfect. Best steak in the world and I've travelled the world. I'm serious. Seafood canellonni was excellent. Calm but cool atmosphere. Most underrated place ever. Forget Ruth's Chris. This is the best.

Edmonton
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Great service, great wines, good food. Nice place.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Quality WIne, great snack, and sommelier included!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Went there because a friend wanted to try the place out. The friend that I went with has been part of wine clubs for years, and has extensive experience tasting. I had a small plate of olives with a basil remoulade, and it was delicious.

The wine was excellent, and I wish I remembered more of the brands now. Our server's descriptions were right-on, as were her suggestions.

One glass my friend found strange, so he asked to see the bottle. Apparently the liquor supplier had sent them a Merlot in place of a Cab-Sauv / Syrah blend. They were surprised themselves, and offered to give us another glass of the wine we had requested. My friend declined, but they still brought us an additional partial glass each to sample.

So, to summarize: Service - Great. Wine - Great. Food - Great (so far). I'm eager to try them out for dinner, now!

• Visited October 2011
Sherwood Park, Canada
“FANTASTIC!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

My fiance and I went after work for a light supper. The food was amazing, it was one of the best meals I have ever had, we had a shrimp dish, brie and a meatball all of which I would recommend. It is a great sharing restaurant. The wine list was incredible, they aerate the wine for you and serve it in a beautiful decanter. The server was very attentive and really sweet. I would totally recommend going there.

• Visited September 2011
Drumheller
“Most Pleasant Discovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Visited on a recommendation and very glad I did. I found the dinning area relaxing.

Baked Camembert and the Gratin au Prawns were simply and elegantly presented. Taste was fabulous.

I eagerly look forward to my next visit to try the other offerings.

• Visited September 2011