“Awesome meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Continental Treat Fine Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,012 Restaurants in Edmonton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Polish
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: whyte avenue
Description: The Continental Treat Restaurant is a family affair. Two generations of the Borowka Family work together to bring their romantic turn of the century dining vision to life. Owners Ryszard and Helena Borowka and their son Sylvester Borowka oversee the entire operation. Ela Palmowski is the Executive Chef together with sous chefs Maria Palkowska, Bartosz Beresinski, Alexandr Oleineac, and Dusten Dixon. This international team of sous chefs are constantly innovating our menu. Other talented sous chefs joining us this year; Attilla Szabo from Hungary, Zdenek Holub from Czech Republic, Helmut Schumacher from Switzerland and Alexader Davidoff from Russia. Christopher Czapiga and Cindy Oland are the hosts who will welcome you gracefully on any occasion. The ambiance is one of pure charm, combined with an air of luxury and elegance. During the day classical music selection waft overhead, reminding you to take your time and enjoy the journey.*Adults only after 5pm
“Awesome meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Great food and kind service. We ordered 3 starters and 3 main courses. All was amazing! Best meal we've had in a long time.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
BEER_KOZAK, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thee best meal you've had in a long time? I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed not only the food but the service as well! I hope to see you in again soon for another wonderful experience with us.

Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent - just excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

It has been many years since my last and only visit. The food this time was excellent and the menu was quite broad. The pickle and broche soups were great. Both are a must try. The four of us tried three different dishes. All were excellent and the portions were ample. The facility is clean and the staff were professional. This is not fast food so be prepared to wait while your meal is being prepared. It is worth the wait. The wine list ranged from reasonable to very expensive.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for sharing! I'm very happy that you dine with us another time - even after so many years! Our kitchen works hard to create a broad menu of authentic European cuisine, and they'll be happy to know how much you enjoyed the pickle and brioche soups. Thanks again for this wonderful review. Hopefully your next visit with us will not be years away - we'd love to see you again soon!

Edmonton, Canada
“Nuanced flavours, great beer selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've dined here a handful of times throughout the years. My last visit was back in February. I really enjoyed my smoked salmon appetizer and beef stroganoff. In fact it was such a large appetizer my friend had trouble helping me finish it off. She ordered the polish cutlet. We usually try a bit of each other's order and I was pleasantly surprised by the flavours in the cutlet, wishing I had picked that dish! I don't remember noticing the decore much the last time I visited. I actually enjoyed looking at all the (empty) beer and wine bottles displayed throughout the restaurant. I also didn't realize they had such a large selection of Belgian beers available. Definitely a place to return to.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thanks for sharing, Sylvia. I'm very happy to hear you and your friend enjoyed the food! Our kitchen works hard to create authentic European cuisine, and they'll be happy to know how much you both loved the Polish cutlets. Thanks again for this wonderful recommendation. February is much too long ago, and we'd love to see you both again soon.

Alberta
“My favorite restaurant by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Continental Treat is my all time favorite restaurant. I cannot even begin to express how much I love this restaurant. I have become hooked on the “Polish Cutlet” and order it every time. Their Escargot is also the best I’ve ever had. I always book reservations here for my birthday, and anniversary. I’ve recommended this place to numerous friends, and got extremely positive feedback on their experiences! I cannot think of a comparable restaurant. Continental Treat has it all! Great food, great service, an intimate ambiance and quality unmatched anywhere else I’ve ever been!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Your all time favorite restaurant? What a compliment, thank you! I'm humbled that you choose our restaurant for such important occasions and that you recommend us to all your friends. Thank you for this glowing review and for your continued support. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Many thanks,
Edmonton, Canada
“Must try the Dill Pickle soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have been in the city for 20 years, and had never been before. However, it was recommended and a large group went for lunch. Wow, it was really good and completely exceeded my expectations. It is not the top dining destination in the city, but is highly recommended and an excellent source of central european (mostly German) food, as well as a great selection of beers (including some good ones on tap).

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Sylvester B, Owner at Continental Treat Fine Bistro, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
It's our pleasure to have you finally dine with us, Peter. I'm very happy to hear that you and your friends loved our food! It's our passion to serve authentic European dishes, and it makes me smile to know we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the wonderful recommendation, and I hope to see you and your friends again soon for more helpings of pickle soup.

Take care,