“Excellent service, limited menu” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Marc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,887 Restaurants in Edmonton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 100 ave and 106 street
Transit: We are just off many popular Jasper Avenue routes on 106 street as well as 1 1/2 blocks south of the Corona LRT station.
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent service, limited menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Came here last night with my family to celebrate Father's Day, on the recommendation of a colleague. You would be wise to make a reservation well in advance, as they are always booked up on the weekends.

The restaurant is located on the main floor of a business building, you'll easily miss it if you weren't looking for it. There is limited metered parking on the street but there is a paid parking lot across the street. The decor is simple.

The service is exceptional! I was greeted at the door by the owner BY NAME, even though I have never been there before! That was a really nice touch. We had called ahead to say we were going to be a bit late (as we got stuck behind a train - twice!) and I apologized again when we got there, but they were very kind and indicated that it was no problem and that they wanted us to enjoy now that we were there and not be rushed. Our server was attentive and knowledgable. Our water glasses were kept full throughout our meal and bread was served promptly after we ordered.

The food and wine were priced very reasonably, for the quality of the restaurant. We did, however, find the menu somewhat limited and were surprised to see one of the specials for the night sold out by 6:30pm! What we did have was very good. I had the octopus appy, my daughter had the arctic char cakes and my husband had the escargot - all very well done. The octopus was BETTER than what I had in Mykonos, Greece! It was cooked just right (as you know, one can easily overcook octopus and turn it rubbery). For entree, my daughter and I had the steak and my husband had the pork shoulder. The steaks are done medium rare unless you request differently. The best part of my meal - their home fries! They are so crispy on the outside and soft on the inside - I could eat that all day. The steak was tasty but was a bit greasy for me (lots of melted butter on top). My husband enjoyed his pork shoulder and cabbage meal but felt there was something missing - a starch - maybe some polenta or potatoes would be nice to accompany the dish. For dessert, we had the beignet and the special - shortcake with blueberry puree - both very nice, accompanied by a perfectly prepared latte. The final bill, with a bottle of wine and 2 cocktails, was very reasonable.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

glasgow
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Managed to get a booking for this rightly popular eaterie! Good welcome with water and bread served promptly. Starters v good esp the char cakes! Steaks were amazing - best I've ever had! Desserts excellent esp the beigne! Overall bill very reasonable - hope to return next time we are back in Ab!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best lunch in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We found this place by accident - never heard of it but thought we would give it a try. Wow! Food was amazing - small menu though. Decently priced for the quality you get.

Calgary, Canada
“Still great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I first enjoyed the food at The Marc over a year ago, and they are still doing a great job, creating and presenting excellent food, at reasonable prices, with friendly service. I enjoyed a dinner last night, and once again it was excellent. Roasted Octopus salad with chorizo was fantastic. The Marc is now my "go to French restaurant" in Edmonton.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Absolutely the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We visited this restaurant on the advise of friends and it was AMAZING! The chefs here bring you the best flavors you are going to find anywhere. And I mean anywhere globally. There were four of us and I was able to sample everyone else's entrees and desserts. Especially memorable are the scallops, the arctic char and the salted chocolate caramel cake. Who would imagine that salt and caramel on a chocolate cake would be so wonderful. I don't really even like chocolate cake but my husband ordered it and I am SOLD!

• Visited March 2014