My whole family stayed at the Sandman Signature over the weekend (before Christmas I might add) while attending a wedding in Edmonton. The hotel looked sharp and clean and I was impressed with the amazing decor. My only complaint would be the pillows were way to “fluffy” for our taste. My husband and I prefer flatter pillows – but this was not a deal breaker.
The reason I am writing this review is because I have to point out the amazing customer service our family received. My sister and her husband were travelling with their 8 month old daughter and for the first time since she was born, she got sick. It’s very difficult when dealing with a sick baby, and not being in the comfort of your own home makes it that much harder. After my niece through up twice all over the blankets my sister had brought as well as the hotel bed, she called down to the desk and asked if they had laundry service. They informed her they didn’t, but that she could use one of the washer and dryers that some of the suites had. When she went downstairs to collect the room key the girl at the front desk asked who all was staying in their room. My sister stated that it was just her, her husband and their daughter. Quickly the front desk girl asked if they would just like to be upgraded and be moved into one of the suites that had the washer and dryer. You have no idea how much this helped and it made such a difference in our stay. My sister now had access to a little kitchen sink, dishwasher and fridge, and most importantly – a washer and dryer, which she continued to use over the weekend as my niece continued throw up a couple more times throughout their stay. My sister was smiling ear to ear when she showed me around their new suite that you moved them into, and it totally lifted her spirits. My sister and mom talked nonstop of how happy they were, and were just so pleased with the customer service they received.
So from the bottom of our family hearts, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
My husband and I actually have a few visits planned to Edmonton in 2014 (one visit will be for our anniversary), and I am happy to say that I know which hotel we will be staying at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by wide-open prairie skies, this gem is just a 15-minute drive from Edmonton’s city center and Edmonton International Airport (YEG). Featuring a distinctive combination of elegant furnishings and impressive amenities, Sandman Signature Edmonton South Hotel is four-star hospitality at its best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandman Signature Edmonton South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandman Signature Hotel And Suites Edmonton South
- Sandman Signature Edmonton South Hotel Alberta