“Amazing Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Signature Edmonton South Hotel

You added Sandman Signature Edmonton South Hotel to your Saves list
Sandman Signature Edmonton South Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10111 Ellerslie Road SW, Edmonton, Alberta T6X 0J3, Canada   |
Ranked #26 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My whole family stayed at the Sandman Signature over the weekend (before Christmas I might add) while attending a wedding in Edmonton. The hotel looked sharp and clean and I was impressed with the amazing decor. My only complaint would be the pillows were way to “fluffy” for our taste. My husband and I prefer flatter pillows – but this was not a deal breaker.
The reason I am writing this review is because I have to point out the amazing customer service our family received. My sister and her husband were travelling with their 8 month old daughter and for the first time since she was born, she got sick. It’s very difficult when dealing with a sick baby, and not being in the comfort of your own home makes it that much harder. After my niece through up twice all over the blankets my sister had brought as well as the hotel bed, she called down to the desk and asked if they had laundry service. They informed her they didn’t, but that she could use one of the washer and dryers that some of the suites had. When she went downstairs to collect the room key the girl at the front desk asked who all was staying in their room. My sister stated that it was just her, her husband and their daughter. Quickly the front desk girl asked if they would just like to be upgraded and be moved into one of the suites that had the washer and dryer. You have no idea how much this helped and it made such a difference in our stay. My sister now had access to a little kitchen sink, dishwasher and fridge, and most importantly – a washer and dryer, which she continued to use over the weekend as my niece continued throw up a couple more times throughout their stay. My sister was smiling ear to ear when she showed me around their new suite that you moved them into, and it totally lifted her spirits. My sister and mom talked nonstop of how happy they were, and were just so pleased with the customer service they received.
So from the bottom of our family hearts, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

My husband and I actually have a few visits planned to Edmonton in 2014 (one visit will be for our anniversary), and I am happy to say that I know which hotel we will be staying at.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

stayed here many times as my company books the rooms. rooms are very nice, the pool is a wide open fish bowl the location really was not well thought out. the wifi is terrible, so slow and unreliable even requested the front desk to reboot the router many times. house keep arrives early and they talk/yell very loudly in the halls, i don't think they consider that their guests may have arrived very late and need QUIET in order to sleep

Room Tip: try to get a room facing the best western @ the back of the hotel, ellerslie and highway #2 have ver...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Burlington, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with clean rooms and good service. WiFi is strong (you know how some hotels it's soon weak you can barely connect). Lots of food options nearby (a few minutes walk). If the had an airport shuttle I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Beautiful rooms that are extremely clean and very new. The staff really go our of there way to help you. I am super picky and hard to impress and this hotel is the place to stay! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Merville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

From the time we got there we had superb experience, we were on a road trip holiday and it made our stay in Edmonton a wonderful stop. The rooms were great they were clean and comfortable and the hotel remembered all the extras to make it a wonderful stay. It was one of the better accommodations we stayed in on our trip. I would stay here again if I come back to Edmonton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Location is great, close to airport and Edmonton South Common shopping. Staff was good. However, the rooms were not clean nor valued at the standard rates. No complimentary breakfeast.

Stayed at the Hampton (across the street) the night before : cleaner rooms, brighter, higher quality, and included breakfeast... All for a rate $25 lower for the equivalent double queen room.

• Stayed August 2013
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night with my wife and we were put into a King Suite. The appointments in the room were impeccable. The bed was comfortable and they use the duvet's that I love. They're so thick and heavy and are fantastic to sleep under. The hotel is fairly new so everything is in good repair. Location is good as well but be aware its on the southern outskirts of Edmonton so you will need to drive to most services. There are a few restaurants on site and at surrounding hotels if you do not drive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandman Signature Edmonton South Hotel? Share your experiences!