“Terrible Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Edmonton West

You added Comfort Inn Edmonton West to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Edmonton West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17610 100th Ave., Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1S9, Canada (Place LaRue)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #47 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Canada
“Terrible Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I travel a lot, almost every weekend of the year with my kids in competitive sports. This is the by far the filthiest hotel I have stayed at.
There are no elevators so we took about 8 trips up and down the stairs with all of our luggage and sports gear.
The beds were rock hard, we did not get a good nights sleep.
The bathroom was filthy, there were long and short black hairs on the walls, ceiling and tub area.
This hotel is pet friendly so our small dog came with us. She went under the bed and dragged out a pair of dirty ladies panties :(
When I complained about the state of the place we did receive a 15% discount.
We left and went to another clean hotel the next night. We will never be back and would not recommend this trashy place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Sarah,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Unfortunately, we are a two floors hotel without an elevator. We got lots of compliments on our new beds and your room is one of the rooms. It is disappointed that you didn't like them. We were hoping that you didn't flush the panties down to our toilet as I wanted to show my cleaning staff to pay attention to all details. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Always great services from the staff of this hotel. Very friendly and helpful. Rooms are always cleaned. Very convenient location for me. Superstore right besides and many restaurants to choose from. As well, West Edmonton Mall is very close to the hotel.Looking forward to come back again. Will recommend for sure.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Jovan,
Thank you for writing a review regarding your stay.Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.
We all hope to see you again soon.

Regards
BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for 3 nights for business and was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the quiet room and access to the outside and close amenities. I usually stay at the larger hotels but wanted to just get outside and take a walk. There are no 'nature' walking areas close by but lots of 'little' shopping and restaurant areas - it was very nice to have the choice of opening a door to outside. The bathroom was nicely updated and clean - appreciated. I would like them to add a 'close up' mirror for us 'visually challenged' people but cleanliness is a bonus. The staff was professional and available without being 'in your face'. I had a problem with internet access but this was immediately rectified. Don't expect the outside to be the Hyatt or the amenities; however, the price was reasonable, staff excellent, room was clean with daily service and noise was very minimal. I did not have a car but if you are driving you can park out front of your room with sliding door access ... a definite bonus. Overall, a good experience. The only downside was that I was carrying heavy suitcases and no one really gave me a hand coming into or out of the hotel - not a big thing but attention to detail. The staff made up for it in little ways. A pleasant night sleep and stay. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the lower rooms with access to the outside - ask for a room with a fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Edmonton West. Thank you for your compliments of recognizing the hotel cleanliness and staff services. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I will share your compliments to my staff, as well comments with areas that can be improved.
We all hope we can accommodate your stay again when you are in Edmonton.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I absolutely loved my stay here the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful as I wasn't from around here which made it less stressful. I'll be telling my friends and family to stay here for sure!!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Cindy,
Thank you for your time to write us a review. On behalf of the Comfort Inn Edmonton West, I would like to thank you for giving us an excellent review from your past visit with us.
It gives me great pleasure to share your comments to my team. and we look forward to accommodate your stay again soon.

Nelson, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our construction company stays at the Comfort Inn while working in Alberta. We find the hotel to be clean and close to all amenities which is convenient for our crews. The staff are great and easy to deal with. Our experience has been excellent, thank you Clement for your professionalism over the past year.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you for taking your time to write us a review. Our team is delighted that your associates have enjoyed staying at the Comfort Inn Edmonton West hotel when they were in town for work. Thank you for recognizing our staff services and cleanliness of our rooms. We certainly strive to go above and beyond, to ensure that all of our guests are feeling welcomed and satisfied. On behalf of the team, we look forward to having you and your family stay with us again soon.

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Took our family to West Edmonton Mall for a few days, thought it would be a good idea to stay close to the Mall. I've stayed in other Comfort Suites before and was always impressed, but not this time.

Although the location seems to get 4/5 in reviews (It is close to WEM), we sure didn't feel safe. The first night there was an altercation in the parking lot which required a police response. The next day there was a car with potheads smoking up about 20 feet from the front door.

The hotel staff were average at best, the rooms were small and outdated, even with the supposed renovations that have been completed. The toilet in our room would run constantly unless you adjusted the handle in just such a way. We won't be returning to the Comfort Inn Edmonton West

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, March 30, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay with us. It is always disappointed to get a review like this, so allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. I have passed your comments to the department heads so that we can look into improve on those areas. We hope we will see you again soon.

Regards,
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

The name of this Hotel Comfort Inn is perfect I was very comfortable. The room was always cleaned. The people was very polite asked how my sleep was or my night i do get up very early like 300 am the coffee is always on. Fresh i do like my coffee to the point i hace a thermos. Yes i can fill up my thermos , wow not just a cup of coffee this is the first place that gave free coffee lots to my satisfaction idrink coffee 24 hout any time. I needed to do alot of laundry they have washer and dryer coin use very reasonable price and clean yes I got all my laundry done. I dont lie to have dirty laundry in my Jeep and I could smell it I do have sensve nose it always knows. I felt very safe everyone was friendly and helpful. THANK YOU ALL THE STAFF of this hotel.

Room Tip: friendly polite make you feel welcome Very clean home athmosphere. I've been in edmonton since F...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, March 26, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and we certainly appreciate that you scored us so high in our services and cleanliness. Please visit us again soon.

Regards,

Been to Comfort Inn Edmonton West? Share your experiences!