“Just like West Edmonton Mall, this hotel was a disappointment.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Edmonton West

You added Comfort Inn Edmonton West to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Edmonton West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17610 100th Ave., Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1S9, Canada (Place LaRue)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #51 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Canada
“Just like West Edmonton Mall, this hotel was a disappointment.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Took our family to West Edmonton Mall for a few days, thought it would be a good idea to stay close to the Mall. I've stayed in other Comfort Suites before and was always impressed, but not this time.

Although the location seems to get 4/5 in reviews (It is close to WEM), we sure didn't feel safe. The first night there was an altercation in the parking lot which required a police response. The next day there was a car with potheads smoking up about 20 feet from the front door.

The hotel staff were average at best, the rooms were small and outdated, even with the supposed renovations that have been completed. The toilet in our room would run constantly unless you adjusted the handle in just such a way. We won't be returning to the Comfort Inn Edmonton West

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay with us. It is always disappointed to get a review like this, so allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. I have passed your comments to the department heads so that we can look into improve on those areas. We hope we will see you again soon.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The name of this Hotel Comfort Inn is perfect I was very comfortable. The room was always cleaned. The people was very polite asked how my sleep was or my night i do get up very early like 300 am the coffee is always on. Fresh i do like my coffee to the point i hace a thermos. Yes i can fill up my thermos , wow not just a cup of coffee this is the first place that gave free coffee lots to my satisfaction idrink coffee 24 hout any time. I needed to do alot of laundry they have washer and dryer coin use very reasonable price and clean yes I got all my laundry done. I dont lie to have dirty laundry in my Jeep and I could smell it I do have sensve nose it always knows. I felt very safe everyone was friendly and helpful. THANK YOU ALL THE STAFF of this hotel.

Room Tip: friendly polite make you feel welcome Very clean home athmosphere. I've been in edmonton since F...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and we certainly appreciate that you scored us so high in our services and cleanliness. Please visit us again soon.

Regards,
Oshawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend and it is a clean hotel and very close to the Mall if that's your reason to visit Edmonton. It is a good hotel for the budget traveler. The issues that I did have with my stay wouldn't prevent me from staying there in the future. But the issues were frustrating. First, when I booked my room online, on the choicehotel.ca home page for this particular hotel it lists under the heading ROOM, that there is microwaves and fridges. Implying that every room has them. It didn't say if it was only certain room types etc. When I booked my room, there was only one room type to choose, so I could not compare to see if one type had a fridge and another type didn't. Check in was smooth and the staff were friendly, but having to go back every single day to have my room cards reactivated was an inconvenience. Especially with small kids and having to trek around the whole building each time we would try to access any of the numerous card required entrances. But on the first day I was standing in line waiting with four other people also having to have their keys reprogrammed not to mention the others that wanted to check in and the front desk clerk was taking phone call after phone call, ignoring the line up. Then another staff member at the end of their shift chose to ignore the line up, walking through all of us and out the front door. It stormed during our stay and the sidewalks were extremely icy. There was no reason why they weren't salted. Even two days after it quit snowing, I saw numerous people having close calls when walking out the front door. Also for two straight nights there were extremely intoxicated people running up and down the hallways, and calls to the front desk went unanswered.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn Edmonton West. It is disappointed that you have experienced some shortfalls. The key cards can be demagnetized easily through some scans, credit cards, cell phone etc. My apologies for that. Yes, not all the rooms equipped with microwaves and fridges. However, we are working in improving that area. I hope you will keep visiting us whenever you are in Edmonton.

Meadow Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Recently we traveled to Edmonton and stayed at Comfort Inn Edmonton West. The hotel overall was slightly above average. Staff was friendly. Location of the hotel is good for travelling to West Edmonton Mall. We stayed in a room with 2 queen size beds along with fridge and microwave. The room was quite small but it was clean and has seen some updates. There is no pool or complimentary breakfast but we were aware of that. Pros: Good location for West Ed Cons: small room

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear RonB,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a review to share your experience on your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn Edmonton West. We appreciate your compliments and we use your comments to improve areas needed. We are very close to the West Edmonton Mall like you mentioned, as well, easy access to downtown, major Highways and Edmonton International Airport. We all hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed 1 night as a quick stopover on our trip between Yellowknife and Jasper. It was clean quiet, walkable distance to the West Edmonton Mall and staff were helpful. Note that there is a hotel shuttle from the airport, or pay for the Sky Shuttle.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your enjoyable stay with us at Comfort Inn Edmonton West. We appreciate your kind comments about the cleanliness and our location. You are right, we are very close to the West Edmonton Mall. We are located conveniently if you need to go to downtown, south or north of the city, major highways and Edmonton International Airport. We all hope to accommodate your stay again when you are in Edmonton next time.

Truro, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband had booked a queen room with a sofa bed and fridge. When we checked in they said they were up grading us to 2 double beds. Seems they gave away our room. Which would be fine if fit in double beds. I am 6ft and my husband is 6ft 3in. Neither one of us had a good nights sleep. I wouldn't call this an upgrade. More like a down grade. Very disappointed in the room. The tap dripped all night in the tub, The plug for the tub didn't work and my daughter wanted to have a bath. Ended up plugging the tub with a facecloth. Will not be staying here again.

Dear Tricia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize to learn about your experience. I have taken a look at your booking. It was booked through a 3rd parties site for a Standard One Queen bed and yes it does come with a sofa bed. However, our ground floor rooms are actually an upgrade and the two double beds would be more comfortable for your family and your daughter compare to the sofa bed. We shouldn't changed your room type without your agreement. I will talk to the staff about it. Did you mention or inform our front desk regarding the bath tub issues and stopper at all? As we would be happy to help you. Again I apologize for your experience and hope you can contact me directly to discuss your experience. I really hope this will not deter you from visiting us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015 via mobile

Our stay was great! The front desk staff were great at check in and check out. Our room was nice and clean. My husband and I were on a weekend away and we had a great time. Thank you to all the friendly staff and Clement the manager. We would definatly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, March 16, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write us a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Edmonton West. Your recognition of our staff services and the cleanliness of the room are very appreciated. We all are very happy to learn that you and your husband had a enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Comfort Inn Edmonton West? Share your experiences!