“Happy with everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Edmonton West

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Edmonton West to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Edmonton West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17610 100th Ave., Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1S9, Canada (Place LaRue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #62 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
Edmonton, Canada
“Happy with everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

It's hard to find a cheap hotel that allows dogs, little alone our great dane. We were given a good rate for our week here and a room with sliding doors for easy access to the room without walking our dog through the hotel daily. Staff was friendly and room was well cleaned. Large tv and a couch with a pull out bed, plus a nice desk and computer chair made it a nice stay. The only thing I'd have negative to say is the restaurant attached, "Alberts" wasn't that great. Nice staff but the food was not worth it. Breakfast was okay but I tried the Turkey dinner and it was very salty and poorly made. Overall though it was a good choice to stay here for price and accommodations.

Room Tip: If you stay for a while (a week) you can stay for cheaper if you ask. We got it for $99 a night.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you very much for review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And thank for your good comments for my staff.
Sorry to hear about your experience at the restaurant. It is leased and managed on their own. I will sure pass your comments to the restaurant Manager.
We all hope to accommodate you again soon.
Take Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Prince George, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My hubby and I stayed here for 3 nights. It was much cheaper than the hotels closer to West Edmonton mall. It's about a 5-10 min drive depending on traffic. Rooms were clean and updated. The Bed was comfy - Make sure you ask for a renovated room. The staff was really nice and helpful. I would stay here again- good value.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are fully renovated hotel including all rooms.

We all hope to accommodate you again soon.
Take Care
Bonnyville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

It is a very clean hotel and the housekeeping staff are so kind. I work at hotel in Bonnyville Alberta as front desk and I found this hotel is excellent and would recommend highly for others to stay here. I love the location, so maybe restaurants and shopping stores close by.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to share your kind comments to the staff. We all look forward to accommodate your stay again soon. Take care
Barrhead, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Needed a a place to stay close to the West Edmonton Mall as a last minute arrangement. Was very happy with the location.
Check in staff was very friendly. Rooms are clean and newly renovated. Coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave in the room. Bed was very comfortable, had a great nights sleep. Ate breakfast the nexgt morning at the restaurant next door. Overall found the Comfort Inn to be as advertised. Satisfactory.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your time to write us a review and tell us how we are doing. I will share your experience with my staff. We all hope to accomodate you again soon.
Take care.
Fort St. John, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We chose this hotel, as we have never had a problem with Comfort Inn's in the past. The staff were very cold and unfriendly. Treated us as if we were bothering them when checking in.
Room was decent. Bathroom was updated and nice. We found the bed a bit hard, but overall the room was clean and acceptable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Sorry to hear of your arrival experience. I will share your comments with the Front Desk team to make sure warm welcome is our top priority. At the same time, thanks for your comments of newly renovated hotels. We all hope that you will visit us again in the future. Thanks for your time to write us a review. Take care.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here, the hotel is getting a lot of renovations done, so the rooms and hallways have a real updated feel. The location is great , on 100th avenue there is no shortage of closeby bars, restaurants and shopping, and you are about 5 minutes away from the big mall. All the furniture in the room was new, and the washroom was also updated, I found the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. TV, WI-FI and parking were all satisfactory, I would stay here again whenever I am in West Edmonton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for writing your recent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We just finished our furniture granite top. Hope you will be visiting us soon. We all would be happy to see you again.
Takre care
Lake Louise, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Worst Comfort Inn I've ever stayed in. It's probably the only Choice Hotel in North America that doesn't serve free breakfast! The staff is not friendly at all. My friend went down to ask about options for dining and then the lady was on the phone so she didn't even have the courtesy to answer her and then she just told her you have a black binder in your room!! Room service doesn't start til 11 o'clock when it's written 8 o'clock in that black binder!! Parking lot is just terrible they didn't remove the snow all night! The rooms are kinda renovated but they don't have fridges are you kidding me!! They don't have elevators either. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone at all!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Clement C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Edmonton West, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I do apologize for your experience here and the impression that it left you with. Unfortunately, we cannot control of the continuous heavy snowfall when you stayed with us. Contractor did come and removed the snow after the snowfall stopped. We lease out the restaurant, so it is not managed by the hotel but I will sure to mention that to the restaurant Manager/Owner. If possible, please let me know who was the staff that your friend talked to so that I can follow up with the staff and make sure it will not repeated. We do have fridges at the property. If you mentioned to the front desk, we would be happy yot send you one. Regarding the elevator, unfortunately, due to the hotel layout and design, there is not much I can do about it. Thanks for letting us know of your concerns, so that we can see where we can improve.

Take care.

Been to Comfort Inn Edmonton West? Share your experiences!