We spend a third of the year traveling and this was the worst hotel experience of the year so far. We booked a package online using the Choice Hotel website. The package looked wonderful and was the reason we chose this hotel. Our quote was in local currency but the hotel showed a different price. They adjusted once we showed them our online quote. We travel with a dog but there were no pet friendly rooms with 2 queen beds (which we booked). The room they put us in had 2 double beds but upon opening the door, it was clear it was not ready. It was literally trashed. Reception fixed the error and placed us in a cleaned room which had 1 bed. We always check the mattress for hygiene and this was a real shock (see photo attached). It was covered in stains and dirt. The room also reeked of cigarette smoke even though they said it was non-smoking. We were tired, and extremely upset by this point as the condition of the room was far below standards. We had booked 2 nights. The receptionist handled our concerns well and placed us in a third room which had 2 queen beds and was in considerably better condition. The mattresses were also fine in this room. We booked the Shades of Gray package (for 50+) which included breakfast, but there was none. The night before our departure, we arranged a late check out but at 11:15 the front desk called to remind us of checkout time at 11. I affirmed we had already arranged for late checkout and asked her if our bill had been adjusted to reflect the package. She asked "what package?" but then corrected her error. Upon checkout, we encountered major stress because they tried to charge $170 per night instead of our original quote which was $109.99 per night with the second night at 50% off. The manager tried to justify this because they "upgraded" our room even though our original quote was for that room! It took 30 minutes and a conversation with the "owner" to have this issue resolved which created further stress by delaying our schedule. This experience did not match the advertising or our past acceptable experiences with the Choice Hotels. The pictures posted by the hotel here are also misleading. We agree with comments by Dan D. This hotel has extremely poor management. The staff that assisted us with our arrival (we arrived at 10:30) were helpful and pleasant though. Management should take notes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 100% smoke-free Comfort Inn, situated in the West End, has newly renovated the front desk and lobby area which now includes a 24-hour business centre, fireplace and sitting area. All bedrooms have new carpet, vinyl, drapes, 32 inch flat screen tvs & new vanity and tile in the bathrooms. All rooms are equipped with free wireless high speed and the hotel offers a small meeting room. Melt into your pillow-top bed with Truly Yours bedding. Upgraded rooms are equipped with a fridge and microwave. We are a pet-friendly hotel and offer ground floor rooms with a patio. Ideally located minutes from the West Edmonton Mall, Rexall Place, Telus Space & Science Centre, great shopping and restaurants ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn Edmonton West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn West Hotel Edmonton
- Comfort Inn Edmonton West Alberta
- Edmonton Comfort Inn