“Won't go again, for sure!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
4009 Gateway Boulevard, Edmonton, Alberta T6J 5H2, Canada (Calgary Trail South)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #83 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
Edmonton, Canada
“Won't go again, for sure!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Don't expect a palace when you pay a hundred bucks any more, but. You expect a clean place to stay, some heat and a sense of security. We stayed and found out that the heat didn't work, hardly at all. It was -7 degrees outside and I am sure it was the same inside. We had a doctors appointment the next day. Asked for the heat to be turned up and was told that "when the weather changes it is hard to get the heat right, some people complain it's too hot others too cold". Asked for an electric heater and got one quite quickly. It worked for about 1/2 hour then quit. Would suggest the building code inspector hasn't been around too often, Shortage of plugs and small extension cords running multiple appliances. Fire hazard for sure. We stayed but never again. I do have to say that the staff were very nice and accomodating, as far as they went.

Room Tip: Find one with heat if you have to stay or don't stay when it is cold.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Decent hotel for what you would expect of a franchise-type lodging and price. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. The room was cleaned early for our arrival and the desk staff inquired twice if everything was okay. Beds are comfy and the breakfast is the usual continental but take it back to your room for more spacious eating.
Being across the street from the big box mall, most everything is available for your consuming needs. Quick access to Whitemud Fwy, West Edmonton Mall and points South. Surprisingly quiet because it is set back from the major roadway and no rooms face the back towards the tracks. Park out front for a good view to your vehicle and better security as lot faces a lit street.

Room Tip: This hotel has many work crews that stay there who demand smoking rooms. If you want a better room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been to many hotels and motels in my life and this is the worst ever, I cant believe we even went into the room to begin with, it was dirty, there were holes burnt into the blankets, there was dirt on the floor, the bathroom was scary dirty, and everything was cover in ashes or smoke resin, we dropped off our begs and by the time we came back after a hour we decided there was no way we could stay in that place, when we went to check out the guy freaked out and was super rude, he refused to give us our money back, screamed infront of another poor person checking in. I cant express how dirty this place is, Its a mess in every sick way from the staff to the rooms. I only wish I had read the reivews before going there. I feel ill thinking that we even went into the room. luckly my brother in law works with edmonton health inspection, it needs to be closed and I fined for being the dirtest place in Canada. we went to super 8 up the road and it was amazing to be able to walk around without having to wear your shoes. I imagine this place will be getting shut down soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Lethbridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Room was disgusting! Only clean part in bathroom was toilet seat. Everywhere you looked there was black hand prints. The A/C was so full of dust when we turned it on dust flew out! The curtains were filthy, and the view is the Cement hallway. There was hole in the wall and dust everywhere. The pictures are not what you get!! The front desk picture is false. The customer service is horrible. The guy at the front desk pretended he didn't understand me when I told him the room was disgusting. I'll never stay again and I'll warn everyone not to go there! Worse stay ever.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Clean room, reasonable amenities, good location (close to many restaurants, shopping mall),
Room has no view as the only window faces the hallway where everyone pass by.
There was a very loud pump noise every now and then that would wake people up (it was so loud that I needed to turn the TV's volume really up)
Internet was slow (could not do Skype).
Breakfast was very simple, not worth waiting for.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

I had a pleasant stay with my family. The rooms were clean and newer. Location was great and staff was helpful. Only problem is no elevator.

• Stayed May 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

Gross, dirty, stinky I have many pics to prove my horrible stay. Blood on the curtain and wall. There is even a gigantic hole in the wall and greasy creepy palm and finger prints with the knuckle holes to match. Every corner was filthy and it was freezing in here with the heat cranked. I am ashamed I slept here and will defiantly spend the extra 20 to 30 dollars more next time. And the stench coming from between the bathroom and the closet was unbearable. I wouldn't even let my dog stay here

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!