“Structural integrity..???” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Edmonton South

Save Saved
You added Ramada Edmonton South to your Saves list
Ramada Edmonton South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5359 Calgary Trail South Bound | Gateway Blvd North And 53rd Ave, Edmonton, Alberta T6H 4J9, Canada (Calgary Trail North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #47 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
Saskatchewan
“Structural integrity..???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

Salvage the windows and the beds and knock the rest down..
The floors are uneven ,why the foundation has moved....
When you press the button number 2 in the elevator and the number 7 lights up.
Or how about a Ice Machine thats been broken for me than 7 months...
There,s no way I,d stay in this Hotel again...
Look how long it,s taking them to fix that Ice Machine , How can they fix a whole building..?

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Opsmanager0, Manager at Ramada Edmonton South, responded to this review, December 14, 2009
I just wish to review on this guests items mentioned. The ice machine has not been down for 7 months, and if an ice machine stops making ice on one floor it was due to it being out of ice, and required time to refill. The pictures this guest submitted, is from the older part of the hotel, and all these rooms are discounted to a very low rate. If the guest wish to move, all they woul dhave had to do is call the front desk. All rooms are going to be renovated.

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Williams Lake, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

When I pulled into the Ramada Inn Edmonton South, a feeling of dread overcame me. The entire hotel was surrounded by construction infrastructure, equipment and scaffolding. The hotel is obviously under a complete renovation, from top to bottom. My fear was of the potential dirt and noise, associated with such operations.
Much to my delight, over the five days of my stay, there was NONE of either ! Construction did NOT begin until 8:00 AM and ended prior to my return at 6:00 PM. My room was kept sealed from the outside and was always spic and span. In spite of the construction both inside and out, staff managed an excellent level of service.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feed back. Although we under renovations, we still try to provide our guests with customer service. This is a very trying time for guests and staff, but once the hotel is completed, we will bring a higher level of rooms to all guests staying with us. Your patience is very much appreciated.
Cape Breton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

We picked this hotel because it was very well priced. There was reno's happening, but we didn't hear any of the noise. The room was nice with very comfortable beds and pillows. The water park definately needs a really good cleaning. there was also air freshners in the rooms, which I was allergic to. I don't think these are a good idea simply because many people have allergies. The shower didn't really have a lot of pressure. The hotel was very easy to find considering it was our first trip to Edmonton. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay. They don't have a complimentry breakfast but there is a Smitty's attached and a lot of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

Quite possibly the WORST place we have stayed. Upon arrival one should have known to turn tail and run, but we did not, herein lay the mistake. Yes, the building was under construction but really this was not the problem. Our first unpleasant "surprise" was the elevator that reaked of the night before's vomit. Even our three year old pleaded with us not to make him ride back down on the "stinky" elevator. The hallways were smelly, walls scuffed, scratched and had huge holes that the hotel tried to cover up with ice machines. The carpet woren off in places and so stained one could not imagine what the pattern had once been. The room's decor, most definately was still caught in the 70's, again not nice but bearable, what was not however, was the condition of the room itself. Holes in walls large enough for rodents to enter and exit, hot water that took a half hour to actually get warm, carpet so old and thread baren that you could see the floor beneath. Where the carpet was actually carpet, it was so stained you tried not to imagine what the stains were from..... There were holes in the ceiling and the grout in the bathroom was absolutely filthy. After leaping to the shower to avoid touching the floor too much one had to navigate out of the shower and find some way to not to dirty their feet all over again. Pictures displayed on one internet site must be what the owners dream the hotel to look like when renos are complete, but good luck with that, this hotel should be classified as a disaster zone and torn down.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Grande Prairie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I stayed at the Ramada Inn with my bridal party, mother and mother-in-law because of the name and price. When had a hard time finding the hotel (even with directions) because I was not told over the phone that the hotel was under construction (the manager told me that I should of been told over the phone that there are reno's going on and that if it was missed it could be because they had 2 new staff members). The pictures on the website must be of what the hotel is going to look like after the reno's because the lobby and rooms looked nothing like that. The entire floor I stayed on was dated to the 60's and 70's, my own mother commented on how she used to have the same style of headboard with the fake wicker look when she was a teenager. The walls had big holes in them that had been patched but very poorly, you could still see 1/2inch gaps around the edges. I have lost a great first experince in my life that I will never get back, I did not take one picture on my wedding shopping trip because I would like to get the image of this hotel out of my mind. I nor any one in my bridal party that was with me on this trip will be staying at another Ramada Inn in this life time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Opsmanager0, Different room types dirrerent rates at Ramada Edmonton South, responded to this review, October 26, 2009
I wish to answer some of your comments. With the hotel renovations, we are presently stuccoing the exterior, and redoing the lobby entry. The complete hotel will be done in stages, and some of the major changes to this property, is bringing in fire sprinkler system, new electrical. Replacing the existing steam heating with new PTAC units which controls both air conditioning and heat. New patio doors on rooms with balconies, new windows in another area of hotel. There will be new wall covering in guest rooms, and hallways, new carpet in guest rooms, and hallways, new furniture in all guest rooms.

We have different styles of rooms, and the room discribed is one of the economy rooms. We reflect pricing on these rooms, and the upper floor rooms where we have started the renovations, are rated different.

The walls you mention, must be the walls where the old air conditioning was removed, and the new PTAC units, and waiting for next stages of completion .

The renovations are mentioned on websites, and all guests are told at time of booking. All rates have been discounted down since the start of renovations, to accommodate any inconvenience to our guests. I appologise for the inconvience you felt, and if you wish to contact me directly I would be more than happy to discuss your issues further.
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

The water park definately needs a face lift. Only $89, but we were shoved on the 5th floor next to the janitors closet. Funky 60's psychedelic bed sheets. Don't eat at the Smittys, bluck. I ordered a prime rib sandwich and got a pork burger with 2 deli shavings of prime rib on it. Spend the extra and stay near West Ed mall and go to the big water park.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Opsmanager0, Manager at Ramada Edmonton South, responded to this review, October 26, 2009
I wish to respond to your review. The complete hotel is being redone from top to bottom. We have lowered rates to reflect the renovations, and inconvenience guests have. We always leave the option open for guests to stay or leave, as renovations are always a stressful time for guests. Your comments on the restaurant have been passed on to the owners of this facility.
Lethbridge, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the Ramada for the one night we were there.
The hotel had a great location, easy to get too, quiet, and good view. The parking lot seemed quiet empty, so there probably wasen't many people staying the night. I found the bed in my room hard and difficult to sleep on. Also, the hot water didn't get very hot, just hot enough for a comfortable shower and no more than that.

The hotel does look like a throw back to the 70's with it's design, furnature and gold comforters, but it is being renovated. Looks like a complete refurbishment of everything is being planned. For the low cost of the room and service we received, it is a great value and will only be better once the renovations are done. Just hope the beds will be replaced and the rates will not skyrocket.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Edmonton South? Share your experiences!