“Excellent Location for Southside Shopping” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Edmonton South

You added Ramada Edmonton South to your Saves list
Ramada Edmonton South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5359 Calgary Trail South Bound | Gateway Blvd North And 53rd Ave, Edmonton, Alberta T6H 4J9, Canada (Calgary Trail North)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #52 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Excellent Location for Southside Shopping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Chose this hotel for its under $100 corporate rate and was definitely pleased. Rooms appear to have been recently modernized. Our room had very comfy Queen beds and 4 great pillows/bed! We also had a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in our room. Hotel was quiet and clean. It's also all smoke-free and pet-free, too. We were pleased with the attached restaurant, Smitty's, for breakfast. Location was perfect for our shopping at South Edmonton Common and the southside Costco. Upon booking, we were advised that the waterpark/pool was closed for renovations. We didn't intend on using these amenities so it wasn't a big deal for us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Opsmanager0, General Manager at Ramada Edmonton South, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. Our goal is to strive to continuously improve, and every review is passed to each department. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Having stayed at alot of hotels around Edmonton over past couple of years, i used to quite like this one. But after spending a week there previously, i have finally made the decision.Never again. I have too many complaints to list, and i dont usually complain too much. We as customers, pay alot of money to stay in these hotels, right? The hotel industry is a simple one to master - using the motto "the customer is always right" a hotel will have returning patrons time and time again. Not this one. Front desk girls are too snippy. Not enough of people skills to warrant anybody to come back for a return visit. I noticed this, and in alot of hotels here in Canada, its the Canadian workers that appear to have this chip on their shoulders, usually the filipinas or the east indians are really nice personable people but thats where this hotel will go down, front desk.And i am talking from other peoples point of view too, not just my own. They are doing room upgrades right now so you will hear hammering etc early morning. Housekeeping staff are generally good but too loud chatting and laughing in hallways when you are trying to have a lie in.I like to organise a late check out as i work long hours for extended days and when i get back to town i like to sleep until 2 or 3 in afternoon, having organised this the night before i still get called at 11:30am by front desk, who is less than friendly asking me in a less than friendly tone, when am i coming down to check out, she's lucky she didnt get told off right there and then!!!!. 50% of the staff dont thank you enough and dont show signs of been genuine at all,and when they come to work they park in the stalls closest the hotel, which are limited. They should be either parking off location or away from the main parking area, why should an employee get close parking yet an elderly patron have to hobble in over lumps of concrete from 500metres away??? These are things iv observered. Again, these front desk girls need to be retrained and monitored, and with no change - fired. I'll finish with my snopsis of the hotel - Too hot or too Cold rooms, less than adequate blankets if you get cold, a/c heating system thats loud and inadequate for hotel rooms that cost 110-140$ , more like the western buget motel heaters, no heaters in bathrooms so a cold exit early mornings,toilets that block easy, taps that barely work and shower heads that are 20 years old,big loud heavy banging doors. Parking lot that is so dark and unlit out the back that its only a matter of time before just one fella comes and robs all the cars back there in 10 mins flat- i had to pay a fella 20 bucks to leave the parking lot one night cause he was eyeing up my truck and was looking for a couple of dolllars for a coffee, i gave him 20 so he'd clear off and not come back. And finally a front of house team that are slow on the uptake, very defensive and not customer focused enough. I know it takes time for all these things to come together as the hotel is in its phase of upgrading but now is the time to grasp these things, before all the customers will be lost. The building is been upgraded but the people running it should be a well oiled machine. I wont say avoid at all costs, go stay a night here, make your own assumptions and who knows you might be lucky and get the good front desk staff. you may even return as i have for the past few years, and you may even think (like i used to) that this hotel is above average. Write about your experiences for new comers. Cheers

Room Tip: Rooms on Calgary trail side(front of building) are my favourite, sun in the morning nice breeze R...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Opsmanager0, General Manager at Ramada Edmonton South, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
First of all I wish to advise this customer that his comments will be taken very seriously and addressed with front desk staff, and other departments. I would like to ask this customer to contact me directly to go through all of his concerns I sincerely do apologise for the problems this customer had during his stay as this is not at all the kind of service we provide. I look forward to talking with this client directly to go over all his concerns he had during his stay.
Central BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Good central location. An older hotel where attempts have been made to modernize, but a lot of the work seemed to have just been surficial. I was in town for work for a week and brought my family, and the thing that brought me here was the fact I could get a room with a separate bedroom (king in main room, queen in separate bedroom) - this is a great plus, as we put our two young boys in there, and the closet was big enough to accommodate the crib for our youngest. :) The main room was pretty cramped (a queen instead of king would have been fine), but overall the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Attached Smitty's restaurant was passable - like any Smitty's, don't go in with any great expectations (especially for dinner).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Opsmanager0, General Manager at Ramada Edmonton South, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to serviing you again in the future. If I can be of assistance in any way please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to assist you
PASCAGOULA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Don't get lured in to the gimmick there are a lot of better hotels in Edmonton I've went to many of them and would return but not this one they have no shuttle the cab ride was 45 dollars one way the water park is shut down for "remodeling" and won't be back up this year they said and probably not next year either if everyone else who stays there has the experience I had cause no one with sense is gonna keep wasting there money to stay at a low class high price hotel I've stayed at days inn's that blew this place out of the water lol

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Opsmanager0, General Manager at Ramada Edmonton South, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations, and if this guest would like to contact me directly I would be more than happy to discuss their concerns directly. Unfortunately our pool is closed and being rebuilt completely and we have discounted pricing at the hotel directly that reflects the pool closure.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was very impressed with the recent renovations. The rooms were modern and appeared to be clean. On further inspection, I pulled back the blankets on one of the beds and the sheets were stained. I put the card on the bed that indicates I wanted the sheets changed and when we returned to the room, it had been cleaned. I pulled back the blankets and guess what??? Same sheets. They had not been changed. There was also food in the refrigerator from previous guests. The check out process was slow. The staff was friendly. The pool was closed for renovations. We were aware of this before booking though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I first of all need to apologize to our customer as this is not at all the kind of service that we deliver at our hotel,. Your concerns were addressed very closely with housekeeping and the situation was dealt with. Our goal is to provide good customer service, clean comfortable and economical priced rooms to all out guests. again please accept my apologies for this matter
Elk Poin, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

I will start off by saying that is a older hotel that has been modernized, the elevator I must admit smells a little musty, but I did not come here to rate elevators, the sleep is what mattered, the beds were comfortable, the AC worked, it had a balcony with a nice view of city centre. And the price for a family of six was outstanding. Had a nice stay, once their pool is ready it will be that much sweeter

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property . We are going to be removing the old swimming pool and rebuilding the complete building. It is a misfortune that we have had delays out of our control, but the pool is still in our business plan to have rebuilt.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the futures
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We get a room with King bed and a Queen bed in a seperate room without door. Microwave and 2 TVS. The only washroom is beside King bed, so it is not convient for the people at Queen room. Handwash basin is in between rooms. There is a desk with lamp and good for your laptop. It is convient for family with kids or senior for open up and privacy.
We also try the small gym which works. Pool is still on renovation. There is a restaurant beside hotel. The location is good which is close to univeristy and shopping mall. Easy access to highway.
They also sell discounted Water Park admission. I don't know what's the discount, but saw the sign at check in counter.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Ramada Edmonton South, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for submitting a review on our hotel, and we appreciate your kind words. Our goal is to always continue to provide excellent customer service to all our clients, and our door is always open for suggests from every one on how to continue to improve.

We look forward to servicing you in the future .

Been to Ramada Edmonton South? Share your experiences!