“forced to stay for 3 weeks at this restaurant” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre to your Saves list
Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11834 Kingsway Avenue N.W., Edmonton, Alberta T5G 3J5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #55 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saskatoon, Canada
“forced to stay for 3 weeks at this restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

If you have to stay at this restaurant decline and run screaming from the building. As you walk in the lobby gives the appearance of a nice place, the staff seems to be very well appointed, but then you notice how dated it is, the wear in the carpet, the stains and the ever present group of beggars in the parking lot, needing money for a sick child.

If you enter from the back of the hotel you will notice the ever prevailing stench from what source I have not determined but no amount of spray fragrances will ever make this ok.

The room, well the bed is so hard I went to the mall down the street and purchased a foam mattress to sleep on, and with the stains on the bedding I thought perhaps a good idea would be to procure some bedding as well, I left these at the hotel. somewhat concerned about bringing them to my home.

The clothing I had with me and the suitcase came home with the prevailing odor of the building, and I was very sick the last two weeks I was there.

This was honestly the worst business trip I have ever had and would rather be unemployed than stay in this building again, I expressed this to my employer and was moved for my fourth week.

Room Tip: there are none
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. The matresses in the hotel were purchased in the last three years and the duvets were purchased in 2012. I will discuss your review with our Housekeeping department to address your concerns.

Regards,

326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Hi,
I was impressed with the front desk service and one of your front dest person greated and welcomed to hotel. I booked a single bed room for myself in the evening but with a coincidence one of my friends came over to meet me and i asked to stay. There was a front dest agent named Leenaze was so accommodative in giving me a two bed room. She was very professional and helpful,helped me with the directions in edmonton,front desk agent like her makes me visit ramada.again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding our Front Desk staff. It is great to hear these comments from our guests. It was great we were able to accomodate your requests.

Saskatchewan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We recently stayed at your hotel because we were attending the Cavalia performance. When I made the reservation I mentioned this and was not told there was a promotion in the hotel. Upon checkin I was not asked or told about the promotion for Cavalia.

At breakfast the next morning we were asked by the waitress if we had coupons for breakfast and said no. When we went to pay for our breakfast was when we saw the promotion for Cavalia. We also inquired at the front desk about what type of room included a coupon for breakfast and the girl at the front desk was unable to help us.

We could not find a way to control the temp in our room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review and the comments regarding the Cavalia show in Edmonton. We will review how we communicate packages both within the hotel and to our guests and work to improve.

I hope you enjoyed the show, i certainly did.

John Mytz

Been to Ramada Edmonton Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!