During our trip to Alberta we stayed for two nights in the Holiday Inn Express downtown. We were met at reception by 'Shane' who was one of the most helpful people we encountered on the whole tour.
The room was very spacious and comfortable. It was very clean and had a good fitness suite and pool.
However, I was disappointed with the area in which the hotel was situated. One step outside of the hotel took you into another world, of beggars, pimps,prostitutes and drug deals.
I know most countries have these problems but we have never been pestered in this way before.
The restaurant and bar attached to the hotel (not owned by the hotel )closed at 10 pm and didn't open at all on a Sunday!
We did venture out on the Saturday night but after seeing stop searches by police, and being pestered by beggars and pimps, even though we were a couple, we felt safer in the confines of the hotel.
This hotel has a lot offer but is in desperate need of a bar and restaurant, where you can relax.
(We were even told not go to the Dockside Pub across the road!!)
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown Hotel Edmonton
- Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Edmonton
- Holiday Inn Edmonton
- Edmonton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown Alberta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Smoke Free Downtown Edmonton Hotel's Location is IdealThe Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown offers unparalleled service & amenities for your next visit to Edmonton, Alberta. Our hotel's staff will make your stay memorable.Guests of our renovated Edmonton hotel know our location, in the heart of downtown, means they can walk to the Alberta legislature, TELUS Field or the Citadel Theatre. There are so many things to do in Edmonton, from the 30 annual festivals, events at Rexall Place and the wonders of the West Edmonton Mall, that only a downtown Edmonton hotel's location will do.Corporate travelers know that a hotel's location in Edmonton can help them and our downtown location means easy access to the University of Alberta and the Shaw Conference Centre. We know what business travelers want when they travel, so we have free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access throughout the hotel. There's a 24-hour Business Centre and meeting rooms that can seat up to 200 people and we'll even handle your catering needs.Our guests know that the Holiday Inn Express Edmonton hotel's amenities add value to their stay. There's the free breakfast buffet each morning and easy access to the Free Press Bistro in the hotel. 90% of our rooms feature a balcony as well as a pillowtop mattress. You can relax in the indoor pool, whirlpool or the steam room after a workout in the Fitness Centre. Stay Smart at our Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Edmonton Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.