“Costly for What You Get” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South

You added Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4485 Gateway Boulevard, Edmonton, Alberta T6H 5C3, Canada (Formerly Greenwood Inn Edmonton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #50 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Costly for What You Get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Recently spent three nights in these small rooms, not worth the $144 per night I paid. Hotel vibrates when trains go by and loads of traffic noise from busy streets. The AC unit in room was noisy. The pool was nice, but hot tub was small. Enjoyed the Irish Pub though, but the idiot beside me had a foul mouth and was hitting on the waitress. Upgrading to high def tv's would be a good thing also.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback.
We are sorry to hear that your stay was not comfortable due to the noise level. We are currently in the process of exploring new measures to limit the noise levels. I would like to discuss this issue further and ask that you contact me directly.

JessieM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Thai first
lethbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

From sales and their prompt follow ups to front desk service to a clean comfortable room, the Holiday Inn Edmonton Conference Centre does an excellent job. We ate in the Irish pub downstairs and the meal and atmosphere were excellent. Kids played in the pool while I was able to work out. The underground parking was a nice touch as it was miserably cold that weekend. Will definitely stay again...and I have.
Great job everyone.

• Stayed January 2013
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are very proud of our staff for making your stay comfortable each and everytime and will look forward to you staying with us again.
Bonnyville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very beautiful and , nicely decorated, huge, clean room with two windows. Secure underground parking. ABC restaurant down stairs serving very hot food and more than I could eat. Quiet and good night sleep. My room faced the street, but I didn't hear any noise. I didn't use the pool or the fitness room, but they both looked in very good condition and were being used by other guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you staying with us again.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Checked in early and was upgraded to a fabulous executive suite. I usually ask for upgrade if available as Platinum Ambassador. Did not ask this time and was very surprised when I entered my suite with separate small table with chairs, sofa, chair large TV over fireplace. Balcony and separate bedroom. The bathroom was huge with two person tub. Would have been ideal room for small meeting or for salesman with open house for displaying wares etc. This hotel has lots of parking as well as limited underground parking. Meeting rooms are varied and convention service is very good. I ate lunch in the pub on one of my stays here. Service was good but a bit slow. Food however was very good. Atmosphere is very nice. I stopped for breakfast on two different occasions at the adjoining ABC restaurant. Very casual and two different experiences. The first time I was disappointed with service and food. Trying again on second occasion, food was very good and service was very casual and better. Prices in both restaurants were very reasonable.

Reception desk is always pleasant at check-in and check-out. When staying on south side of Edmonton, another favourite place for me to stay. My choice usually is made due to meeting placeor price. I have enjoyed my stay here on every stay!

Room Tip: Some say east side they hear the train. Some say on west side they hear the traffic. My personal exp...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Jessie Moyo
Guest Relations Manager
Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I went to Edmonton for the day to watch a sporting event and decided to stay over for the finals the next day.
The woman at the front desk was excellent....really really good.
The room (456) was big and I liked having free Internet.....those are the only positives.
First, it cost more to not have a room facing the grin tracks.
There was some sort of clothing sale going on in the hotel and it was a fight to get to the elevator as the buyers were lined up against the elevator door. And parking was a nightmare! I had to come and go a few times and each time coming back I had to circle the lot a few times till someone left. I even had to park at a business building next door once. I left my room at around 730 pm to take some stuff to my daughter at a restaurant and was so frustrated getting off the elevator and being stuck in the parking lot that I just drove the two hours back home. I left the room with the tv on and the only thing I used was the hand soap.
I spoke with a woman at the desk about the nightmare and was told that it should taper off! The sale was all weekend and went to midnight!
I won't be back and I suggest the hotel take into consideration their guests when they book an event tht will affect them.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is train tracks, front of hotel is a noisey busy street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It is through feedback that we can learn and make changes to make our guests more comfortable and at home.

Please contact me directly so we can discuss your stay with us further.

Jessie Moyo
Guest Relations Manager
Red Deer, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

How this hotel chain is allowed to charge for rooms in the back is beyond me--should be illegal! Our bed shook till at least 1:30 in the morning from trains, so unless you can sleep standing up, you probably won't sleep like the rest of us! Restaurant had no-one in it, but somehow took forever to get our food. Waitress seemed like she was on her first shift as well. When you call to book this hotel, you would think they would warn you about the trains or at least ask if you think it would be a problem for you, not inform you when you are checking in, and there are no other rooms available. Pool was small for a group coming in, and the hot tub was so dirty, some people refused to go in. On top of that, we were blessed with someone pulling the fire alarm on Level 3, which took forever to get turned off! Would never stay here again, way overpriced for what we got!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask to stay on the west side of the hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jessie M, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. Please contact me directly so we discuss further.
Sincerely
Jessie M.
Guest Relations Manager.
Bonnyville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights. Upon arriving, the front desk staff was quick to greet and friendly. Check-in was fast and easy. The room was neat and clean. The room was obviously more for someone on business trip. The phone was located on the desk and far from bed/bed stand which makes it a slight inconvenience for leisure traveler like myself who would rather not get out of bed to use the phone. You get everything you expect from the hotel; free internet, free tv channels, air conditioning etc. The hotel has other facilities but the only one I used was the pool.

The hotel is conveniently located by major intersection. As far as I was concerned, it was very convenient for me to get to places that I planned to visit during this trip. It was a bit hard to find parking space the first night as we got back late and there was no parking spot left due to snow/water on the ground that shrank the parking lot. Couldn't tell if there was underground parking available.

But if it wasn't because of this one thing and one thing alone, I would have rated this hotel a 4 or a 5 even instead of a 2. And it is the train track on the east side of the hotel where my room was facing. The trains are loud. Extremely loud. It is extremely annoying. On several occasions, the trains passing by actually caused the room window to vibrate. It was the worst thing you can expect at a hotel. The uncertain intervals of train coming and stop you from relaxing is not what you want on a trip, business or leisure. I don't know if putting sound proof barriers cost too much or wouldn't help with the situation at all. But I think the hotel should at least consider sound proofing the east side rooms better or bad reviews are basically unavoidable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for informing us of your comments. Your feedback is important to us.
Our brand standard is to have two phones in each room.

Due to technical difficulties, the cordless phone which stays by the bedside was under repair.

We would love for you to come back and stay in our Westside rooms which are away from the train tracks.

Jessie Moyo,
Guest Relations Manager.

Been to Holiday Inn Conference Ctr Edmonton South? Share your experiences!