“Medical Visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Edmonton South Hotel & Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Delta Edmonton South Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Delta Edmonton South Hotel & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4404 Gateway Blvd., Edmonton, Alberta T6H 5C2, Canada (Calgary Trail North)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #14 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
Regina, Canada
“Medical Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Where to begin, I wish my visit to Edmonton was for pleasure, but it unfortunatly was not. I had to drive in from Regina to visit a ill relative. The staff at Delta Edmonton south, were amazing. Upon learning of my "accident" outside of the hotel ( having never seen 4 lanes of traffic in one direction with out a divider) and getting hit turning into the hotel, the staff were able to help me locate a near by autobody shop that would be able to help me get my driver window back up to I could travel home in a few days.
On top of that Karin from the front desk sent up a nice welcome gift with a card offering condolences about my Ill family member.
Both Karin anf Kyle from the front desk as well as a few others whos names elude me at the moment were also very helpfull in helping me choose the best directions to get to the locations i need to the next day.
I have happy to say that I am proud to have the pleasure to working with people like those at the Delta Edmonton South. Keep up the good work guys, it's this kind of service that makes the difference.
J Douglas
Delta Regina Conference Centre

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Our stay was a very pleasant surprise. The survice was great! To come back to a cheese platter and bottled water after our day trip was a very nice touch! I would recommend this hotel, and we will be staying again!

• Stayed July 2014
A S, General Manager at Delta Edmonton South Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest,
All of our team focuses on providing an elevated level of experience to our guests and I am so glad that you enjoyed it so much to share your wonderful feedback and give us your continued loyalty.

calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'll be upfront and say that I always love Delta Hotels, the rooms are consistently nice, clean, modern and comfortable. That being said, some other aspects of various Delta's are not as consistent. Here are my pro's & cons for the Delta Edmonton South.

Pros:
Free Parking with easy access to nearby stores & restaurants
Friendly & helpful staff, quick check-in and check-out times
Nice lobby
Very comfortable beds, slightly firm mattresses but not too much, beautiful linens
Updated bathrooms with nice amenities
More electrical outlets than you can ever hope for (no crawling behind night tables!)
Nice gym room
Great alarm clock/iPod docking station with a dimmer switch

Cons (definitely not reasons to skip this hotel, but cons nonetheless):
Teeny tiny elevators
Dated pool area with no steam room (everyone loves a steam room)
Rooms around the elevator on the top floor on a wedding night won't get much sleep without earplugs ('The Top of the Inn' event space entrance is kitty-corner to the echo-y elevator lobby and they plunk a nice loud grand piano right at the main door for little kids to pound at all hours)
Shower pressure was just 'meh'.

All in all I enjoyed my stay here, and wouldn't think twice about booking again if the price was right.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
A S, General Manager at Delta Edmonton South Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your continued patronage of Delta Hotels and we never take it for granted. Our newly renovated rooms are very well liked and I appreciate many other qualities that you described for our guests to experience. You will also be pleased to know that we are updating our pool area in early September and will move the piano right away. We also have 3 fully updated elevators for our guests.
Thanks again for your lovely comments and continued loyalty to Delta Hotels.

Wembley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a Friday work conference and chose to stay overnight. Nice room, bed was okay-a little firm. Good breakfast buffet. Easy location to find, central to city access. Exterior a little shabby, but interior has been renovated.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
I am thrilled with your feedback. Delta Edmonton South provides exceptional meeting experience in our fully renovated ballrooms and the meeting rooms. Our location is also perfect, you can reach all main attractions within 15 minutes, be it the airport or downtown or West Edmonton Mall.
Thank you for appreciating the new renovated guestrooms and the focus on cleanliness that we take pride in.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Rooms getting a facelift. Nice to see, we've stayed there for the last two July Long Weekends for a sports tournament and it's been ok for what we needed. Staff always accommodating. Parking can be an issue if you arrive late.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I am glad that you loved your rooms and the stay. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and apart from the ground level parking we also have a three level parkade that provides ample parking for all of our guests.
I hope to welcome you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had booked two nights here, ended up only staying one - after going to bed at around midnight, a loud mobile device / alarm, went off every 10 minutes in the room NEXT TO ME. I did not CALL THE front desk but at check out, when i told the agent (kyle), he was more upset over the fact that why i did not call to report this problem to the night shift front desk agent. he had no sympathy for me what so ever. Unacceptable, when I paid $249 + taxes for my queen deluxe room.

Room Tip: get a room away from the elevator & on the side, facing the parking lot
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I profusely apologize for your experience and it is completely unacceptable. I have followed up personally and can assure you that this is not the norm and hope that you give us another opportunity to redeem your trust. Please contact me so that I can apologize in person and request you for one more chance to prove how much we value your patronage.

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Rooms - 4/5
Lobby - 5/5
Amenities in hotel - 3/5

The details:
The housekeeping staff and guest services were absolutely wonderful, nearly beyond compare in my traveling experience. They will work around your schedule, are friendly and genuine, and will even wait outside with an umbrella to walk you to your car if it is raining!
The Front Desk staff is, sadly, a bit of a different story! We had trouble checking in AND checking out, each took us 45 min - 1 hr because they seemed to lack knowledge and did not seem sorry, or even apologize, for the delay.
The beds are comfortable, if a little firm!
The rooms are quite lovely. Ours had only a walk-in shower, no bath, but was very streamlined and modern. They provide in room hook-ups for everything electronic you could dream of... I streamed Netflix over my laptop and plugged it into their TV with no effort. This is an AWESOME service that I've never seen elsewhere. The view is also quite nice if you're higher up (we were on the 11th).
The lobby is beautiful, sleek and modern, with an attached bar and a restaurant just around the corner. Definitely an aesthetically pleasing and calm atmosphere.
The pool was small and dated, there were few vending machines with few choices. Room service staff was great, but the food was less so. Some things were quite good, but most I found somewhat poor quality/taste. Restaurant service was slow, but friendly, and the food was mostly poor tasting. The bar had great nachos!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I appreciate your effusive praise of our housekeeping and guest services team and am glad that you like our beautiful new rooms. I am following up on your comments about the service experience that you had with the Front desk as we all should be delivering a consistently high level of service that you have come to expect from us.
We are also going to update our pool area in early September and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

A Sandhu

Been to Delta Edmonton South Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!