“Clean and reasonably priced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn West Harvest

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn West Harvest to your Saves list
Quality Inn West Harvest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17803 - Stony Plain Rd NW, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1B4, Canada (Place LaRue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #37 of 90 hotels in Edmonton
Cochrane, Canada
“Clean and reasonably priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights as we drove to Edmonton for shopping. We found everthing to be clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful and we had no complaints. Breakfast at the adjoining restaurant was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Harvest, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Always good to hear that our guests were satisfied and happy with their stay. We do read our guests comments and we try to do our best to ensure that make changes where we can.

We will be looking forward to seeing you again soon!

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Comox, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

As previous reviewers have stated, this hotel is quite close to WEM. Just a few minutes drive. There are also many restaurants and other smaller malls in the area.

Check-in was quick. The hotel a/c worked well. For just under $100, we thought the rate was fair for the room. The beds were comfy. There was a small fridge, but no micro. The shower insert seemed very new.

One strange thing, was that there were lines of old t.v.s lined up on the floor along one side of the hotel on our floor. They must have recently put in new flat screens. It wasn't a major problem for us, but may have been difficult for someone who had limited movements or required a walker or scooter. Another strange thing that we noticed in our room was a low, vibrating sound each morning. We suspected it may have been coming from the laundry room that housekeeping uses - as the sound was never present in the evening.

For the right price and due to the location we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate the time you took to comment on your stay at the Quality Inn West Harvest. The information you give us really does help us to see where we can do better.

All of our guestrooms now have fridges and we are just finishing putting new LCD flatscreen TV's in our rooms. The rows of TV's in the hallways were just part of the changes and we donated them to a not for profit group who assist those people who have nothing. They are 100% volunteer and we had to wait a couple of days for them to pick up the TV's. We try to be as environmentally aware as possible and have a 4 Key rating by Green Key.

The shower/tub inserts are 25 years old which is a great testiment to my cleaning staff that you thought they were new so thank you.

We now have fridges in all our rooms but we have also added microwaves and microfibre robes to all of our jacuzzi's, family rooms and King rooms.

It was our pleasure to serve you.
Manning, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

I frequently stay here for weekend trips to Edmonton. It is reasonably priced and close to West Edmonton Mall. We brought our dog on the last stay and everything was fine. There is nothing fancy about this hotel but I think it's a very good, clean place to stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Good location about 5 mins drive to the big Edmonton Mall. Basic but clean room. Would have been nice to get breakfast too, but fairly reasonably priced.

Front desk staff were quite helpful and were able to provide us with directions around Edmonton.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your review. We do have a $10 food voucher when you book our Best Available rate directly with the hotel. We are a full service hotel and find our guests prefer to use the voucher towards what they would really like to eat and it's made fresh!

We hope you will return again soon.
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my dog and when I checked in I was not verbally informed by the staff that my dog COULD NOT go through the front door or be in the lobby. On our last night I was told this and became very upset. If it had been earlier in the day and not the late evening I would have went to another hotel. I do not know why I paid over $20 a night for the privilege of my dog not being able to use the front door. I wonder if I was blind and had a seeing eye dog if both myself and my dog would be discriminated against and forbidden to use the front door.

I would not have even stayed at this hotel if I had been told immediately that we would not be treated like regular guests. I even suggested to the staff that I pick up my dog in the lobby but was told that was not good enough since other residents could have allergies. I understand that if this was a great concern to the hotel they would not have pets at all allowed in the hotel if they were so concerned about the risk. I think allowing pets is just a cash grab for this hotel as they are not pet friendly since they don't want the pets to be seen.

I have stayed at many hotels in Edmonton and I have never received such terrible treatment. I work for the government and I will be informing them NOT to book employees at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Quality Inn West Harvest, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
The Quality Inn West Harvest took into consideration all of our guests when we decided to allow pets. We needed to consider those who may be allergic or have compromised immune systems, those who did not like or were afraid of pets and those who want to travel with their pets.

With this in mind we designated 10 rooms on the main floor by an exit near the area where we have designated for pets to be walked. This allows our guests easy access to the front and side parking lot. This exit is closer to these rooms than the lobby for the convenience of the pet & owner.

All guests with pets sign a pet agreement when they check in and they receive a pet amenity kit which includes a letter indicating what public areas the pets are allowed to be in with the exception of certified service animals. We also have signage indicating that pets are not allowed past the end of the corridor which leads to the lobby.

We hope to see you and your pet when you make travel plans to Edmonton.
melbourne australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Sadly we won't be staying here again. We were very disappointed in our dark and dingy room with an uncomfortable bed and indifferent front counter staff. This is a hotel that needs to take a good look at what is being offered to discerning travellers because the quality has deteriorated sine we first started staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Nova Scotia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed for one night prior to a flight out and after a full day at West Edmonton Mall. Staff was friendly, room was clean, bed was comfy and shower was good as well. I would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn West Harvest? Share your experiences!