“Just OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn West Harvest

You added Quality Inn West Harvest to your Saves list
Quality Inn West Harvest
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17803 - Stony Plain Rd NW, Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1B4, Canada (Place LaRue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 90 Hotels in Edmonton
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Good location about 5 mins drive to the big Edmonton Mall. Basic but clean room. Would have been nice to get breakfast too, but fairly reasonably priced.

Front desk staff were quite helpful and were able to provide us with directions around Edmonton.

• Stayed June 2012
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Harvest, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. We do have a $10 food voucher when you book our Best Available rate directly with the hotel. We are a full service hotel and find our guests prefer to use the voucher towards what they would really like to eat and it's made fresh!

We hope you will return again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my dog and when I checked in I was not verbally informed by the staff that my dog COULD NOT go through the front door or be in the lobby. On our last night I was told this and became very upset. If it had been earlier in the day and not the late evening I would have went to another hotel. I do not know why I paid over $20 a night for the privilege of my dog not being able to use the front door. I wonder if I was blind and had a seeing eye dog if both myself and my dog would be discriminated against and forbidden to use the front door.

I would not have even stayed at this hotel if I had been told immediately that we would not be treated like regular guests. I even suggested to the staff that I pick up my dog in the lobby but was told that was not good enough since other residents could have allergies. I understand that if this was a great concern to the hotel they would not have pets at all allowed in the hotel if they were so concerned about the risk. I think allowing pets is just a cash grab for this hotel as they are not pet friendly since they don't want the pets to be seen.

I have stayed at many hotels in Edmonton and I have never received such terrible treatment. I work for the government and I will be informing them NOT to book employees at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Quality Inn West Harvest, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
The Quality Inn West Harvest took into consideration all of our guests when we decided to allow pets. We needed to consider those who may be allergic or have compromised immune systems, those who did not like or were afraid of pets and those who want to travel with their pets.

With this in mind we designated 10 rooms on the main floor by an exit near the area where we have designated for pets to be walked. This allows our guests easy access to the front and side parking lot. This exit is closer to these rooms than the lobby for the convenience of the pet & owner.

All guests with pets sign a pet agreement when they check in and they receive a pet amenity kit which includes a letter indicating what public areas the pets are allowed to be in with the exception of certified service animals. We also have signage indicating that pets are not allowed past the end of the corridor which leads to the lobby.

We hope to see you and your pet when you make travel plans to Edmonton.
melbourne australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Sadly we won't be staying here again. We were very disappointed in our dark and dingy room with an uncomfortable bed and indifferent front counter staff. This is a hotel that needs to take a good look at what is being offered to discerning travellers because the quality has deteriorated sine we first started staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Nova Scotia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed for one night prior to a flight out and after a full day at West Edmonton Mall. Staff was friendly, room was clean, bed was comfy and shower was good as well. I would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

This wouldn't have been our first choice in West Edmonton, but they take pets with a $25.00/night charge and that's an option that's getting harder to find. Overall, it's affordable and the front desk staff are friendly. I wouldn't say it's the cleanest hotel we've stayed but is less than a 10 minute drive to the mayhem of West Edmonton Mall. It's also close to other shopping and restaurants. There IS a restaurant attached called Grainfeild's. We didn't have time to eat there (visiting family) but I was nosey and stuck my head inside. It looked very clean and smelled very good. If you need a place for one or two nights... go for it.

Room Tip: Don't forget to show your CAA/AMA card and get a better rate.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Grande Prairie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

As soon as we checked in the room was dirty and there was evidence of a human hair ball, we were moved to another room and we found it was dirty also. Another family member had a separate room and he found a bloody band aid that was left from someone else. Everywhere else was booked up so our skin crawled the two nights we stayed there. We also pulled the bed from the wall and there was all sorts of disgusting garbage. The fridge was filthy, everything is outdated and the tv didn't work. We would never stay here again, even the thought makes me want to take a bath!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Harvest, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
This review does not reflect the service and cleanliness of the Quality Inn West Harvest. I happened to be at the Front Desk when this guest brought to our attention that she was unhappy with her room we immediately upgraded her to our Executive Wing at no extra cost and we followed up with her to ensure the room was to her satisfaction. We had no complaints from the other room that was with this guest. Family Day Weekend was busy but there were still rooms available in the area. Had this guest informed us of her displeasure we would have been happy to look after the problem. If you are not happy with your room please don't wait until check out to let the hotel know we want your experience to be a very positive one. The Quality Inn West Harvest has been awarded the Housekeeping Excellence Award 5 years running these are non-scheduled inspections and you have to be in the top 10% to receive the award. The Quality Inn West Harvest has also been awarded the "Gold Award" for 2012 by Choice Hotels Canada and is one of only 17 hotels out of 308 to receive this award. The award is based on service, cleanliness, guest surveys and maintenance and again our inspections are non-scheduled so we have to be at our best every day.
valleyview, alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel was clean and inexpensive. The rooms were small and the entertainment center was dated. This hotel is pet friendly and you are able to bring your animals. I wish they would have notified us of this when we checked in as my husband and both of my children have allergies and I believe we were put in a pet friendly room as they were up a lot of the night sneezing and congested. Worth the money, especially if you are travelling with pets.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We were having some problems with some of the online bookings especially when we were busy during January. I am not sure what happened that you ended up in a pet room. Our designated pet rooms have 2 queen beds and these rooms were being booked for people without pets when we had no other double queens available.

I appreciate your kinds words and understanding despite the fact that your family was in discomfort. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Been to Quality Inn West Harvest? Share your experiences!