“Awesome hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 89 Hotels in Edmonton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Awesome hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Hotel stay was great. I recommend this hotel to everyone. Check in was smooth. Rooms are clean and the toiletries provided were good quality. The shampoo and conditioner was Paul Mitchell; none of that watery, cheap quality stuff. My only complaint was that the beds were hard. Even my 9 year old son complained of aches and pains after a night on the bed.
The restaurant served good and decently priced breakfast buffet. It is $12.95 for adults and $6.50 for kids. The servers are friendly and courteous.

• Stayed June 2013
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I am happy that you are able to recommend our hotel.

I apologize that you found our beds hard. If you return to our hotel, please let us know as we have a number of mattress pads available to soften the beds for guests who find them too firm.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West, I hope you will continue to return so we can welcome you back whenever you are in the area.

780-729-8898

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this last weekend and it was a great experience. We picked this hotel because of its location to West Edmonton Mall and also its #1 rating on Tripadvisor. The reviews are correct. It is a very modern hotel with great amenities. The rooms are very nice, the beds are comfortable and the pool and fitness center are really good. The staff was kind and helpful and quick. We had breakfast at the hotel and although we didn't chose to do the breakfast included in our stay my Husband had the Buffet and I had the omlette with gluten free bread. They are aware of allergies at this hotel and were accomedated my celiac disease very well. All in all it was a very nice stay and we will be back for sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Day;

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your breakfast in Aqua Bistro | Bar.

Our Food and Beverage team is very talented and work hard to anticipate their guest's needs so it is great to see that your request was handled appropriately.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay, we certainly hope that we get a chance to welcome you back to our hotel the next time you are in Edmonton.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I purposely picked this hotel because of its close proximity to West Edmonton Mall and it's ranking on TripAdvisor. It surpassed expectations. Check-in / check-out was efficient. Staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The lobby was extremely warm and appealing. The rooms were fantastic. Great layout, comfy mattresses, solid linen. When we arrived back in Calgary we realized we had left our tablet in the room. Quick call that was redirected to housecleaning who quickly located the tablet. We received it in the mail today!!

So refreshing to be on the receiving end of great customer service. We will be back. Thank-you for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Good Day;

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your experience with us. I am very glad that we were able to supass your expectations.

I am also very happy that we were able to get your tablet back to you! It can be stressful when you leave something behind.

I hope that we get to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Finally a hotel that provided what they said they would.

Lovely rooms, clean and well appointed. While the hotel was busy, we could not hear anything in our room. Great mattress and fresh linens.Very friendly and helpful staff. Slight problem on check in that was rectified quickly, efficiently and graciously. Pool is small but more than adequate and the patio would have been great had the weather cooperated.

Had a great stay. Will return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I apologize for the issue during check-in but I am glad that it was fixed right away. It is always great to hear when our team is able to make a guest happy.

I am also glad that you indicated that you will return, that is our favourite thing to hear by far! We hope that you return soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Lethbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at this site for the week of April 22,2013.The in room service was exceptional. Upon hearing that I required a non feather duvet, the manager arranged to have one bought for my room the very next day.The European ladies in the restaurant were very efficiient and took an interest in the customers. There was a wine and appetizer reception for the guests that was also attended by the hotel staff. Every day there were cookies at the desk upon return from a long day. The rooms were new with lovely fresh decor.The open concept lobby was modern and inviting. The front desk is adjacent to the entrance thereby allowing staff to visualize the entrance.The only downfall was the size of the swimming pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Good Day;

Thank you for staying with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and for taking time out of your busy schedule to fill out an online survey regarding your stay. It was such a pleasure having you stay with us and I remember our chat at the Manager's Reception.

It is always great to hear from a happy guest so thank you for sharing with us. I hope we get to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was here for the weekend with my Son. As soon as we checked in to the hotel, I noticed the staff was going out of their way to be friendly and accomodating. They provided a foam mattress for the pull out for my son, making it so much more comfy. Every staff member I encountered had a smile and asked how I was. This is ther kind of service that will keep me coming back to this hotel. Thomas certainly stood out as providing me with excellent personalize service! :)

Room Tip: I chose the 5th floor to help minimize the noise from the sports teams.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is lovely. I stayed in an average room with my mother and 2 young children (2 and 5) and we had a great time! I noticed lots of little 'green' touches in this hotel, recycled paper, etc... even an in-room recycling bin! i thought it was a nice gesture. the shampoo and conditioner is paul mitchell (yessss!) so i was stoked to get good quality shampoo over run-of-the-mill hotel toiletries... another review did mention the pillows and bedding... i found the bed comfortable, and while there were 8 (!) pillows on each bed, i found them too soft and just kinda sunk through them. the kids, however, slept like babies, which parents of young children know, is amazing. The pool was very small, but so are my kids, and we enjoyed it. the staff were friendly and accomodating, from the front desk to housekeeping, to the waitstaff at the lobby restaurant (which was also very good.)
overall, nice no frills hotel. very pleased.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Edmonton West? Share your experiences!